Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The RBE updates looked dope until

"Bonnie pulls out dildo"

giphy.gif

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like it makes sense but it doesn't really happen.

Rex lost to Danny clear, didn't affect him.

You guys said Swave, Chilla & Gjonaj lost to Danny, it didn't affect their stock.

He had close battles with Bigg K and Verb, it didn't hurt them.

Rex is a vet though. The same rules just don't apply to vets.

Those other battles where on different platforms.

Brizz is trying to become one of them nyggas. It's fair to say T-Top is top tier. I wouldn't debate anyone that says Brizz is top tier, but I view him as a guy that is still trying to get over that hump. Losing to a Danny Myers on the URL right now in his position and where he's trying to go wouldn't be a good look. Against someone like an Arsonal, it's just a win-win situation.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verb really might have lost to Bonnie :mindblown:

Perm is a con man. I told nyggas before this battle do not fall for the hype. Perm did a good job selling the fight and saying all the right things, but he has a clear trend of stumbling and bringing mediocre material to every single battle nowadays. These bad habits he has developed won't change in one battle.

Bonnie at this point is a professional. She's one of the most active battlers out there and is never choking and looking like a damn clown on stage.

Having said that, if he comes like he did against Real Deal (he stumbled and had strong material in spots), it should be enough to beat someone like Bonnie. We'll see when the footage drops.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Perm is a con man. I told nyggas before this battle do not fall for the hype. Perm did a good job selling the fight and saying all the right things, but he has a clear trend of stumbling and bringing mediocre material to every single battle nowadays. These bad habits he has developed won't change in one battle.

Bonnie at this point is a professional. She's one of the most active battlers out there and is never choking and looking like a damn clown on stage.

Having said that, if he comes like he did against Real Deal (he stumbled and had strong material in spots), it should be enough to beat someone like Bonnie. We'll see when the footage drops.
To be fair it sounds like Verb was fire in the battle but Bonnie just might have been more fire. Sounds like it was a really dope battle

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair it sounds like Verb was fire in the battle but Bonnie just might have been more fire. Sounds like it was a really dope battle

If Verb came fire and had a clean performance, he won and it will reflect that on cam. All Bonnie just had to do was be good for nyggas in the building to say it's debatable or even a win (those RBE crowds are kind of slow). It's kind of the reason why dudes have been reluctant to battle women in the past.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Hollow wasn't really fukking him up though. He won the second by default. And he was getting booed all throughout the battle and certainly not because any of his material went over heads. He just put what everybody already thought about Clips in clever rhyme form in the first, but Clips actually had a pretty good first too, and the way the yended their thirds allowed Clips to declare himself winner after the battle.

Nah I can't agree. Hollow broke down Clips like nobody else before him. Charlie's 1st fell off a cliff after the first couple bars. I was probably the biggest Clips stan during that point and remember being all the way disappointed