Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps

At the end of the day..
Surf, You need learn how to bottle up your emotions
Get it..water, bottle..bottle up your emotions
- Chris Unbias
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
nikkas gotta leave Chris alone man :russ:
"And then what?!"
14590272_10210965536403634_4217407120302795567_n.jpg

Last edited:

Stocking Cap Stu

pocket full of dreams....and weed
Daps
At the end of the day..
- Chris Unbias
"And then what?!"

"so you're prepared for gunfire, but a water bottle causes you to stop the battle? ohhhh, because the vest is BULLETproof and not WATERproof...." :smugbiden:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Ronnie Lott

How do you feel about the lack of internet promo for No Mask (the Mistah Fab event)?

Most people would say it's a bad look, but the Bay is so different. Artists out there can be super successful off of a regional wave. You think a grip of Bay nikkas are going to come through on the strength of Mr. Fab? I could see that happening.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No promos
No blogs
No hype

And this card is supposed to changw battle rap? :mjlol:

This shyt is just a check for battlers involved. This is gonna turn out just like Total Slaughter and Gladiator School and that WFF event. One and done

Smack and Organik are on some "Seen it all did it all most of y'all will pop for a minute, spit a sentence then the game'll get rid of yall" shyt lol.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
@Ronnie Lott

How do you feel about the lack of internet promo for No Mask (the Mistah Fab event)?

Most people would say it's a bad look, but the Bay is so different. Artists out there can be super successful off of a regional wave. You think a grip of Bay nikkas are going to come through on the strength of Mr. Fab? I could see that happening.

Yeah I also found it weird that they haven't been goin hard on promo. Only promo I've seen is on IG. E40 posted the event on his IG and obviously Mistah Fabs IG. But with events like this, the bay is gonna come out support it mainly because of Mistah Fab. Hood nikkaz are gonna be in the building for him. A lot of dudes are promoting by word of mouth too.

The bay has always been a place that has supported battle rap. So there will also be a "battle rap" crowd there as well. I was talking to a few of my older cousins and uncles and they said they would hit up freestyle battles at the Cal Berkley campus and other spots in downtown Oakland. This was in the 90s. So the battle rap culture has been out here.

I went to BOTB7 last year, Fab and Ars were the last ones to battle. When they got on stage, the hood was definitely in the building then. I'm talkin about all the turf nikkaz that don't really fukk with battle rap necessarily. But the venue was packed wall to wall.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I also found it weird that they haven't been goin hard on promo. Only promo I've seen is on IG. E40 posted the event on his IG and obviously Mistah Fabs IG. But with events like this, the bay is gonna come out support it mainly because of Mistah Fab. Hood nikkaz are gonna be in the building for him. A lot of dudes are promoting by word of mouth too.

The bay has always been a place that has supported battle rap. So there will also be a "battle rap" crowd there as well. I was talking to a few of my older cousins and uncles and they said they would hit up freestyle battles at the Cal Berkley campus and other spots in downtown Oakland. This was in the 90s. So the battle rap culture has been out here.

I went to BOTB7 last year, Fab and Ars were the last ones to battle. When they got on stage, the hood was definitely in the building then. I'm talkin about all the turf nikkaz that don't really fukk with battle rap necessarily. But the venue was packed wall to wall.

I think the turnout will be good. From Fab's interview on AFR, it seems like he hand picked the battlers based on who he wanted to fukk with + who people in the Bay wanted to see. Arsonal & Serius are both friends of his, he thought that would be a good match. He wanted to battle Charlie.
But he said the guy that everyone he knew was calling for was Surf :ohhh:

Another person that he said his peoples wanted to see was Calicoe, but they couldn't work out all the logistics for this card.
Damn, so those grimy turf nikkaz wanna see the "street" battlers eh? :troll:
Just playing, we're going to leave that alone today.

I've definitely heard about how the Bay battle rap scene was kinda popping in the early 90's. Not sure if this helped or hurt the growth of battle rap culture in the Bay, but it was iconic

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
In my mind if a gogo band never came to your town you're not dmv

JY and back would be in Richmond for DC college students at local schools at best

But now we're getting into local shyt. Roc would be a legend in the area if he really got things moving here for battlers. Willing to let anyone call themselves whatever they want if that's the price

You know whats crazy tho? Don't know if some of the bigger names in go go do this but I heard they would tour in NC, too. I know they'd hit up spots like Richmond and Norfolk.

Yeah, between Roc, Ty, Coma, Troy, Danja, and a few others.....alot of things in battle rap could pick up in DC. I don't know if Pro is still battling but he did have a decent following for a second. Already got Maestro on it and his events are packed whenever he throws one.

Ardamus

Daps
I've definitely heard about how the Bay battle rap scene was kinda popping in the early 90's. Not sure if this helped or hurt the growth of battle rap culture in the Bay, but it was iconic

Probably one of the first battles I really listened to. At the time, I didn't notice it but it was a perfect example of freestyle vs.written. Cas was off the top like crazy and Saafir was breaking out his written verse. Alot of people gave that shyt to Saafir and Hobo Junction because of it. I rocked with Casual because he was on the spot and didn't fumble. Tajai did aight but I feel like he fell flat a little in his second verse. Pep and Opio was cool. Hasaan came with it and Big Nous was aight to me. Historic battle.

Ardamus

Daps
At the end of the day..
- Chris Unbias
"And then what?!"

Once he said that, I was like damn.....Suge may have really won by default and it sounded like Surf's 2nd verse was bodying him on a personal level.
And this was the one battle, I was like Surf may take it lyrically.....though I edged Suge, 2-1, in a prediction.

:ohhh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
You know whats crazy tho? Don't know if some of the bigger names in go go do this but I heard they would tour in NC, too. I know they'd hit up spots like Richmond and Norfolk.

Yeah, between Roc, Ty, Coma, Troy, Danja, and a few others.....alot of things in battle rap could pick up in DC. I don't know if Pro is still battling but he did have a decent following for a second. Already got Maestro on it and his events are packed whenever he throws one.
yeah back, RE, and junk would come to greensboro. college campuses in greensboro are like 40% area, at least from the 90s to early 2000s. even had an alldaz store down there 10 years ago, i was :ohhh: seeing that

i dunno man. ty and danja should be much bigger right now. that supanova league is cool but it's gotta change it's name and it needs a rebranding. the owner should play the background, he doesn't have the persona of someone battle rap fans wanna see out center

Ardamus

Daps
Maestro cool. I think he needs more of a team that's visible like he is. And I think sometimes he doesn't have that support he needs. Which sucks because he puts on for the area. Maybe him and Shaka from Pit Fights could link and do some shyt. Hell include 7 Cities and make it a DMV event literally.

Burnshen

All Star
Daps
In a meeting with my boss and coworkers, my boss has a catchphrase that he says, the old saying "Proper preparation presents poor performance".

So he's up there talking about a district visit we're gonna have, and he says "And you know my slogan". :usure:

Not thinking, I open my mouth and go "Get em the fukk outta here!" :pacspit: Loud as shyt. A breh had all sorts of anger and aggression in my voice.

The whole room turns to me, and my boss is looking at me like :why:

Coworkers all like :beli::merchant::what:

And my one homie who watches battles with me had the :comeon:

Our head of HR was there and immediately hit me with the :ufdup:

I'm sitting outside his office now, waiting for him and my boss to finish there conversation. fukk #PrayForStLouis and #PrayForURL, #PrayForBurnshen

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
In a meeting with my boss and coworkers, my boss has a catchphrase that he says, the old saying "Proper preparation presents poor performance".

So he's up there talking about a district visit we're gonna have, and he says "And you know my slogan". :usure:

Not thinking, I open my mouth and go "Get em the fukk outta here!" :pacspit: Loud as shyt. A breh had all sorts of anger and aggression in my voice.

The whole room turns to me, and my boss is looking at me like :why:

Coworkers all like :beli::merchant::what:

And my one homie who watches battles with me had the :comeon:

Our head of HR was there and immediately hit me with the :ufdup:

I'm sitting outside his office now, waiting for him and my boss to finish there conversation. fukk #PrayForStLouis and #PrayForURL, #PrayForBurnshen

:laff: