Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs...somebody help me out here. anybody remember this light-skinned muscular nikka a few years back that appeared on a few low-key battles wearing overalls? cannot remember his name to save my life and shyt is fukkin wit me. (name was "something the something") he was ill as fukk but he never stepped into the big arenas or leagues that I know of and then I didnt hear any more about him. he also made a couple wack ass songs like most battle rappers do and had some ass videos on youtube. had some really complex rhyme schemes but an annoying high pitched voice that prob didnt fit the way he looked. :pachaha:

C'mon man lol

C'mon... you can't be talking about who I think you're talking about...

You trolling?

How much battle rap do you watch?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
C'mon man lol

C'mon... you can't be talking about who I think you're talking about...

You trolling?

How much battle rap do you watch?

not trolling at all.....I used to watch a lot, but didnt really watch any in the past year. just getting back in it.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not trolling at all.....I used to watch a lot, but didnt really watch any in the past year. just getting back in it.

Are you talking about this guy?
images

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you talking about this guy?
images

nah breh, thats Hollow. told u I am not trollin. this dude could really spit but I only seen him in a couple battles. not in no league tho. seems like he may have battled Reed Dollaz or somebody and da nikka had on like a farmer suit with no shirt under it.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah breh, thats Hollow. told u I am not trollin. this dude could really spit but I only seen him in a couple battles. not in no league tho. seems like he may have battled Reed Dollaz or somebody and da nikka had on like a farmer suit with no shirt under it.

Oh ok lol. Is the dude from Philly?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh ok lol. Is the dude from Philly?

u know, I cant remember. seems like he was from Philly or Jerz, but I cant be for sure. really rapid fire and technical type dude. his voice was just high pitched and squeaky. he was dope...didnt have any direct lines that I remember on the battles but punchlines were crazy.

edit: I asked about him 4 years ago, but right after that post I found out who he was, but I forgot since then because I havent seen his videos in like 2 year or more. His battles had to be around 2010 or earlier.

How did Battling Get Hot Again?

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u know, I cant remember. seems like he was from Philly or Jerz, but I cant be for sure. really rapid fire and technical type dude. his voice was just high pitched and squeaky. he was dope...didnt have any direct lines that I remember on the battles but punchlines were crazy.

I asked about him a few years ago, but right after that post I found out who he was, but I forgot since then because I havent seen his videos in like 2 year or more.

How did Battling Get Hot Again?

Rapid fire
Technical
High pitched/squeaky voice
Light Skinned
Muscular
Wore Overalls
Something The Something

Is he a street style emcee or is he more of a grindtime/kotd type of emcee?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rapid fire
Technical
High pitched/squeaky voice
Light Skinned
Muscular
Wore Overalls
Something The Something

Is he a street style emcee or is he more of a grindtime/kotd type of emcee?

street style. the reason why I am asking is because he was so dope that I thought he wouldve blown up in some sort of arena. like I said...he made some songs/videos but them shyts was wack. his weakness was his voice tho.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
SM6 not going down, and it' probably because these Battlers are asking for way too much.

He had a good point towards the end; If I'mma pay 75 k or 100k on someone, then why not book someone like Bryson Tiller, who guarantees I get my investment back and then some? I'm all for getting as much bread as you can, but these battlers are overestimating how much they're worth, and by continuing to do so they'll end up fukking battle rap, and maybe even themselves by extension.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be dope if Beasley went to the event to see that nygga.

Beasley tries to disguise it, but he has "nygga" moments all the time. He offered to fly Caps to NY so he could beat his ass.:russ:

beas is a certified G

trust me when I say he was having no part of daylyt's bullshyt that's why it took so long for him to get on a URL card