Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surf is in debt... he must be....

Not sure what he was supposed to get for the Mook battle (lol remember that?) but it seems like he spent it before he had it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nygga daylyt is legit pissed about the editing. Probably the first time I've heard him really upset, with no games.

Last edited:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't front, happy to see holding out for big paydays backfiring on dudes

Lux being barely relevant in 2016

:blessed:

Havent seen his name mentioned here at all these last few months.

I guarantee by the end of next year Lux and probably Mook will take a battle for way less than their asking price. Gotta pay rent

URL has a lot more negotiating power than they did a couple years ago. And you've got enough top tiers (Clips, Tay Roc, Surf) and rising stars (Ave, Rum Nitty) willing to battle for less that you can book a reasonably budgeted card and still sell out Irving plaza

Nice work Lux and Mook. Kill your own careers with short sightedness and greed. Ask your employer to pay you money they don't have brehs

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tony Bro jumping on the c00n train to defend Mike P :scust:

I'll just stick to edited YT clips of AFR.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surf is in debt... he must be....

Not sure what he was supposed to get for the Mook battle (lol remember that?) but it seems like he spent it before he had it.

"The Surfs, the Hitmans, the Cons" - Surf

He always tries to group himself with them, but it ain't the same. They only take battles that make sense and when they want to.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

fukked up cuz daylyt was sayin since day 1 "mike somethin gonna go wrong with our footage let's not celebrate yet"

:ohhh: how Quill know

Yep this is it.

Daylyt is normally controlled & just trolls the entire time. He still trolled though saying he filmed the whole battle, but dude was serious for the most part.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs...somebody help me out here. anybody remember this light-skinned muscular nikka a few years back that appeared on a few low-key battles wearing overalls? cannot remember his name to save my life and shyt is fukkin wit me. (name was "something the something") he was ill as fukk but he never stepped into the big arenas or leagues that I know of and then I didnt hear any more about him. he also made a couple wack ass songs like most battle rappers do and had some ass videos on youtube. had some really complex rhyme schemes but an annoying high pitched voice that prob didnt fit the way he looked. :pachaha:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wtf is all this BS hoopla over the editing?
SMACK bounced on them nyggas after the 1st round. I peeped like 3-4 yawns on stage. It would not have been a much better look if we heard the crowd stopping them for every moderately clever bar. Maybe they can blame the crowd for stopping them, but the battle just wasn't that fire overall.