Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well Chilla ruined his URL spot

someone asked would URL do a judged battle if someone accepted Chilla challenge...Norbes said "Chilla battled Arcane, thats all imma say"

edit: Norbes said he doesn't have a problem with Chilla, he's just not excited about booking him now

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
youtube takes 60% for pay options :huhldup:

Bill Collector is on the next URL card

Norbes tryna get Pat Stay on BL5

Twork vs Dougy is the next battle dropping

He's setting up a GoFundMe soon

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Battle rap needs a CBA :heh:
battlers really do need a union though

for all the talk of Mook fukkin it up for everyone, he's due what people will pay. If URL is cashing out, rappers need a piece. They're playing it real safe or real dumb by accepting checks without seeing URL's books

Canceling their biggest event is grounds for a lawsuit if you're united laborers, URL said fukk your paycheck and promotion you could earn here, we couldn't get it together...sorry :yeshrug:

Chilla out here hoping and wishing he gets on a big stage, only for Norbes to be like "nah I'm not into that anymore", it's pathetic. They need reps badly

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SM being cancelled is not that big of a deal. Norbes said they are trying to have NOME in November. SM & Nome are on the same tier. NOME does not have the signature SM music, but its just as big. If they don't do NOME in November, I'm fine with that as well.

:what:For you guys blaming Mook, do you NOT know how much you coworkers make? Battle rappers would have known regardless.

An employer would prefer you not share salary information with your fellow coworker, but it always gets around. Why would you expect battle rap to be any different?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
battlers really do need a union though

for all the talk of Mook fukkin it up for everyone, he's due what people will pay. If URL is cashing out, rappers need a piece. They're playing it real safe or real dumb by accepting checks without seeing URL's books

Canceling their biggest event is grounds for a lawsuit if you're united laborers, URL said fukk your paycheck and promotion you could earn here, we couldn't get it together...sorry :yeshrug:

Chilla out here hoping and wishing he gets on a big stage, only for Norbes to be like "nah I'm not into that anymore", it's pathetic. They need reps badly

Norbes just does not fukk with Chilla stylistically. I doubt Chilla even deals with Norbes when he negotiates with the URL. Certain battle rappers deal with certain people.

You have battle rappers that only deal with Cheeko. Nyggas that only deal with Beasley. You have those that deal with Norbes, who are newer talent that don't know any better.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Mook didn't fukk it up because he made it known, he fukked it up because he laid a bad precedent in negotiations. The same way players in the league saw what mike conley got and all the other owners I'm sure did a collective :snoop: as they knew their star players are going to want a bag when it's time to re up. Difference is, the nba has the money to oblige, but because URL doesn't want to do ppv and can't find a bigger venue leaving the bulk of their revenue to still come from ticket sales, they can't pay out unless they get a sponsor, which btw mook is responsible for killing the big entertainers coming in and spending money due to mook 5 round snooze fest. So now people are worried about quality performances from the big money guys.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Norbes just does not fukk with Chilla stylistically. I doubt Chilla even deals with Norbes when he negotiates with the URL. Certain battle rappers deal with certain people.

You have battle rappers that only deal with Cheeko. Nyggas that only deal with Beasley. You have those that deal with Norbes, who are newer talent that don't know any better.
Another reason why they need to unite and stop working as contractors. This at-will employment will forever screw over the talent

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Blac really does this reaction shyt without tryin

CstemttXEAA-6WB.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Red vs Magic???

RED VS MAGIC???

:blessed:

:blessed:

On U Dubb :scust:

This match up just doesn't have the excitement that it had 2 years ago. Maybe if it where on a Born Legacy, it would renew my interest. It's still bmagic vs o-red though.

Regardless, U Dubb is awful for battle rap. They take the few good matchups in battle rap & give it shytty presentation.

I really hate platforms like U Dubb & Gorilla Warfare.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nygga B Magic on his gingerbread man shyt right now.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

At this point I'm picturing the UDUBB security trying to keep Beasley from rushing the stage....

That would be dope if Beasley went to the event to see that nygga.

Beasley tries to disguise it, but he has "nygga" moments all the time. He offered to fly Caps to NY so he could beat his ass.:russ: