Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Blaming Mook for this is a short sighted reach. Pay had to increase, that's the way any business works, unless you're going to continuously refill the labor force.
Mook made them take leaps in asking prices that they wouldn't have made, nikkas thought they were ballin makin 10, makin 15 woulda been the next big move for them

Mook said he got 20, so now nikkas scoff at that 15 and try to get 20+

and URL revenue hasn't increased that much to make that type of move, so they replacing these ngigas

Why don't these nikkas just bring a sponsor(s) to URL to help pay off the costs :patrice:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
not big paydays, it's the lack of big venues available because of Math and recently Troy Ave. situation.

This. Obviously 40k for one person probably wont happen again. But smack got enough to pay people like clips and surf. However in order to make that back they need big venues to sell out. They just don't have that right now because of the recent situations.

Honestly though the only "Big" match I need in my life is Hitman/Suge and Rex/Shine. Anything else I could care less. Give me 4 Born matches next year to make up for it SMACK :blessed:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mook made them take leaps in asking prices that they wouldn't have made, nikkas thought they were ballin makin 10, makin 15 woulda been the next big move for them

Mook said he got 20, so now nikkas scoff at that 15 and try to get 20+

and URL revenue hasn't increased that much to make that type of move, so they replacing these ngigas

Why don't these nikkas just bring a sponsor(s) to URL to help pay off the costs :patrice:
Mook didn't MAKE anybody do shyt, that's the point. And you're speaking on business that you don't really know about. How would you know if URL's revenue increased or not? Also, the event y'all constantly complain about was the biggest spark in URL's history (no thanks to the Mook battle, sure, but that's beside the point). And if URL's revenue hasn't increased, that's on Smack, not Mook. He hasn't even been on that platform since.

And you don't think any other battlers would've found out about what Mook got paid without him announcing it? Or do you not think these guys have different negotiations face to face than the ones they have publicly? You don't think battle rappers and URL do a lot of financial posturing? You don't think guys would've seen their personal popularity increase and start asking for more money if Mook never rapped about it? We gonna act like rappers rapping about their money isn't somethings that's been done from the beginning of hip hop?

Stocking Cap Stu

pocket full of dreams....and weed
Daps
I'm all for them changing the name or moving the date up next year. Nothing happening after Labor Day should have "summer" in the title.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
So Rookies vs Sophmores seems to be there next "Big" event

Ave vs T-Top
Mike P vs Brizz
Jerry Wess vs Wavy
Nu Jersey Twork vs Prez
Saga vs B Dot
Prep vs Chef Trez
Chess vs Glueazy
Nunn Nunn vs Danny Myers
Tink vs Steams

Gotta say this is a pretty dope card. Only nikka stinking up the event is Tink. :scust:

No Dot :sadcam:

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
It's better to cancel Summer Madness than to go ahead have the event and we get weak battles from over paid dudes who aren't bringing three full rounds then URL catches hell from the fans and bloogers. its time to build up the new guys so they can carry a Summer Madness card on their own that the fans will enjoy then they don't need the vets anymore.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It's better to cancel Summer Madness than to go ahead have the event and we get weak battles from over paid dudes who aren't bringing three full rounds then URL catches hell from the fans and bloogers. its time to build up the new guys so they can carry a Summer Madness card on their own that the fans will enjoy then they don't need the vets anymore.

I agree. Last time Smack "forced" a SM we got SM3 :scust:

I get that SM is a mainstay in battle rap. But if u just don't have the matches to make it worthy of the "SM" name then fukk it.

With that said I know for a fact Cal vs Clips Roc vs Nitty Surf vs T Top and Jaz vs whoever were already booked. So if there is no SM then these battles still have to happen and soon because they already got paid.,

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
So Rookies vs Sophmores seems to be there next "Big" event

Ave vs T-Top
Mike P vs Brizz
Jerry Wess vs Wavy
Nu Jersey Twork vs Prez
Saga vs B Dot
Prep vs Chef Trez
Chess vs Glueazy
Nunn Nunn vs Danny Myers
Tink vs Steams

Gotta say this is a pretty dope card. Only nikka stinking up the event is Tink. :scust:

No Dot :sadcam:
You made this up or is it real?

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
:ehh: Shine v. Charron was actually a pretty decent battle.

DNA Trez was pretty good too. That platform/card is doing more to hold my attention than most other shyt this half of 2016.