Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 20k wasnt guaranteeing the battle would be locked in. It was just a downpayment hitman wanted so that mentally he could start writing for Mook. Beasley told hitman to try and get some of his connects to "get the ball rolling" to get a downpayment while URL works on getting the rest. He told Gerald if the battle didnt happen, he would give the money back to him.

My thing is, what does gerald get outta this? He couldnt have been getting a piece of anything(gate/ppv numbers) because if he was, he wouldve been talked with Beasley on how to get his roi from the downpayment back and there woudlve been no confusion. So gerald was just sending the 20k just cause?

From my understanding, Gerald provides his support for nothing in return. He basically comes off as a groupie that’s excited to be around these guys. A lot of grown men groupies in battle rap.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Chris Unbias talkin to these nikkas tiptoeing around the obvious.

This is why bloggers that don’t wanna be buddy-buddy with these nikkas are needed in Battlerap, so they can call out the bullshyt on full display.

Not saying Chris is wrong about Verb in this situation, but he needs to change his name. He is hella bias and have vendetta against certain battlers. Also Cal was keeping it 100 with Verb when he was in Verb’s space.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Chris Unbias talkin to these nikkas tiptoeing around the obvious.

This is why bloggers that don’t wanna be buddy-buddy with these nikkas are needed in Battlerap, so they can call out the bullshyt on full display.

This is funny.

He said that Verb was doing a St. Louis podcast, and stopped fukking with them to do a podcast with Rashad Mccants lol. I hate when Chris does shyt like this. Man that podcast was 4 years ago. His timelines be off.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m listening to one of these Verb spaces. I finally came across one where he’s not rambling about some different shyt. I actually understand what he’s saying but he’s doing a horrible job explaining it.

I can’t stand listening to Verb nowadays. He use to be one of the more entertaining personalities in battle rap. Now he just comes off as a broke skinny bisexual bum.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Joe Budden on the podcast was saying Mook and Hitman not a box office battle compared to Lux and Day

I think that's just his lyrical miracle brain speaking. Lux and Day is the better battle but Mook and Hitman is still a big draw
While probably true, definitely a battle I have zero confidence in being good.