Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. So is the Mook vs Hitman battle still happening? Unbias seems to think it's on hold.
2. Why would URL need someone else to cover the 20k deposit for hitman?

From the way Verb talking in the spaces clip Chris played. None of Gerald money makes a move(rap battle wise) without his sayso. Thats still wild ass statement Gerald being a verb stan is funny. He probably helping fund that pod with Mccants too.

The way he said that it sounded like he was faking Gerald. :scust:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
1. So is the Mook vs Hitman battle still happening? Unbias seems to think it's on hold.
2. Why would URL need someone else to cover the 20k deposit for hitman?

From the way Verb talking in the spaces clip Chris played. None of Gerald money makes a move(rap battle wise) without his sayso. Thats still wild ass statement Gerald being a verb stan is funny. He probably helping fund that pod with Mccants too.

caffeine money done, harry not an easy vic anymore and smack & beasley not going into their nest egg's for these events where theyre not making a roi. w/o a partner footing the bill i wouldnt be surprised if url is working with rbe budgets or worse because they set a price during that caffeine era.

and verb acting like he's gerald brother, carrying his pocket book is the most verb thing ever. he wants to be so important but he's just a past his prime battler that despite his big wins has never been viewed as "the guy/end game" and it eats him alive, just like seeing his "little brother" hitman become a bigger star than him. i have little doubt he was dry hating.

spot on w/ the joe & math comparison. never trust a nigg that can be articulate but never answer a question...well, not so much math there, but ya know.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these nyggas look bad.

I think Gerald looks the worst out of all of this. Maybe because I’ve always been in “neutral” situations.

I’ve had some many nyggas come to me to talk shyt about someone else, but I just kept the shyt to myself.

I don’t get how Gerald didn’t think that repeating conversations verbatim wouldn’t lead to this. :mjlol:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All these nyggas look bad.

I think Gerald looks the worst out of all of this. Maybe because I’ve always been in “neutral” situations.

I’ve had some many nyggas come to me to talk shyt about someone else, but I just kept the shyt to myself.

I don’t get how Gerald didn’t think that repeating conversations verbatim wouldn’t lead to this. :mjlol:
Facts,
All he had to do is to reach out to Beas from the beginning.

With that said Verb and Hitman both look crazy. Verb saying shyt like, I am in control of Gerald’s money sounds gay as hell. I know what he means but it still sounds wild.

What I don’t understand is this. Hitman states he gets $200,000 or more to battle. How is $20,000 from Gerald going ensure the battle is locked in if URL don’t have the rest of the money ready? You would think that Hitman would need at least a $100,000 deposit if his numbers are accurate. Something sounds off about this to me.

Back to Hitman and Verb, it seems like both of them been talking shyt behind the other’s back for years. People be fake as shyt.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
What I don’t understand is this. Hitman states he gets $200,000 or more to battle. How is $20,000 from Gerald going ensure the battle is locked in if URL don’t have the rest of the money ready? You would think that Hitman would need at least a $100,000 deposit if his numbers are accurate. Something sounds off about this to me.
The 20k wasnt guaranteeing the battle would be locked in. It was just a downpayment hitman wanted so that mentally he could start writing for Mook. Beasley told hitman to try and get some of his connects to "get the ball rolling" to get a downpayment while URL works on getting the rest. He told Gerald if the battle didnt happen, he would give the money back to him.

My thing is, what does gerald get outta this? He couldnt have been getting a piece of anything(gate/ppv numbers) because if he was, he wouldve been talked with Beasley on how to get his roi from the downpayment back and there woudlve been no confusion. So gerald was just sending the 20k just cause?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interview had me confused as fukk cause hitman kept saying Gerald and I thought he meant his Pops but I forgot about Gerald McCoy. IDC how rich I am or how big a fan I am I'm not gonna pay 1000x the cost of a ticket or ppv to see my favorite battle.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Interview had me confused as fukk cause hitman kept saying Gerald and I thought he meant his Pops but I forgot about Gerald McCoy. IDC how rich I am or how big a fan I am I'm not gonna pay 1000x the cost of a ticket or ppv to see my favorite battle.
Especially if Im not getting a piece of the ppv/tix

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The 20k wasnt guaranteeing the battle would be locked in. It was just a downpayment hitman wanted so that mentally he could start writing for Mook. Beasley told hitman to try and get some of his connects to "get the ball rolling" to get a downpayment while URL works on getting the rest. He told Gerald if the battle didnt happen, he would give the money back to him.

My thing is, what does gerald get outta this? He couldnt have been getting a piece of anything(gate/ppv numbers) because if he was, he wouldve been talked with Beasley on how to get his roi from the downpayment back and there woudlve been no confusion. So gerald was just sending the 20k just cause?
I heard Hitman say this but it still doesn’t make sense to me. $20,000 is only 10 percent of his cost. If I am Gerald, I would ask were is the other 90 percent coming from? Not to mention Mook price. Why would he send money for a battle that is not locked in, and the league is still trying to figure out how to get the other funds?

Gerald said when he finally talked to Beasley, he told him not to send Hitman the money until they had everything in order. That makes way more sense.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I heard Hitman say this but it still doesn’t make sense to me. $20,000 is only 10 percent of his cost. If I am Gerald, I would ask were is the other 90 percent coming from? Not to mention Mook price. Why would he send money for a battle that is not locked in, and the league is still trying to figure out how to get the other funds?
Mook price doesnt matter, from how Hitman told it, Gerald said he dont fukk with mook(dont know him) so he was only gonna do hitman's deposit. That 20k amount was just what Gerald was ok with sending, i dont necessarily think it was based on a percentage. Because i think Hitman puttin sauce on his 200k price. Also Hitman told gerald the rest of it was be coming from URL when they worked out everything.

Apparently Gerald does all this shyt for the love of battle rap. From how Chris/Hitman/Verb talk, he done threw around a lot of money just cause. He was just throwing around 20k win bonuses to like 3 different battles on a card a few months ago. :yeshrug:
Gerald said when he finally talked to Beasley, he told him not to send Hitman the money until they had everything in order. That makes way more sense.
Talking to beasley is what he shouldve done from the start after agreeing to pay the fee to hitman.

Daps
Why Hitman didn't ask Nick Cannon for the deposit or the women he co-found the network his TV show is on? Maybe even Conceited?