Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
He said he had folders on nyggas, long before he announced music was coming lol. I highly doubt he did this again, being how important this battle is and how crazy he's been talking for months.
Is this battle that important? Is any battle in battle rap important at the moment? I don't think anyone cares outside of hardcore fans like us, and that is dwindling.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this battle that important? Is any battle in battle rap important at the moment? I don't think anyone cares outside of hardcore fans like us, and that is dwindling.

I would think it's that important, obviously cause I'm a hardcore fan lol.

To the casuals though, no it isn't important at all. Especially with no big stage venue, with tickets being sold. That alone kills off about 98% of the casuals idea to even watch it right there. Battle Rap has very few, I mean very few match ups left worth seeing, this "should" be deemed as one of them. I said it before I don't see battle rap lasting that much longer. Surf coming home won't even save it smh lol

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I would think it's that important, obviously cause I'm a hardcore fan lol.

To the casuals though, no it isn't important at all. Especially with no big stage venue, with tickets being sold. That alone kills off about 98% of the casuals idea to even watch it right there. Battle Rap has very few, I mean very few match ups left worth seeing, this "should" be deemed as one of them. I said it before I don't see battle rap lasting that much longer. Surf coming home won't even save it smh lol
Surf coming home shouldn’t matter in a healthy market.

Battlerap creates this drought itself.

The Stanbases in the Battlerap community pushed for a monopolized market of leagues and Battlers against its own best interests.

This meant that the culture would be weak if the monopoly holders were weak.

So the 1 or 2 main league(s) bein weak = the market is weak

So the 1 or 2 main battlers bein weak = the market is weak. .

Stan Culture buying into valuing battlers for their “well, I headlined the card” deflections over fundamental skill sets and wins made the market unstable.

This monopolized the market in favor of Battlers with Stanbases that that stayed in the news cycle by any means to get booked, opposed to the foundation of their skill set and wins.

So accordingly, when Surf went away.
The market for Battlers crashed, leaving fans to say:

“Shyt don’t feel the same”

Stan Culture in Battlerap created this itself, it’s Business 101.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surf coming home shouldn’t matter in a healthy market.

Battlerap creates this drought itself.

The Stanbases in the Battlerap community pus monopolized market of leagues and Battlers against its own best interests.

This meant that the culture would be weak if the monopoly holders were weak.

So the 1 or 2 main league(s) bein weak = the market is weak

So the 1 or 2 main battlers bein weak = the market is weak. .

Stan Culture buying into valuing battlers for their “well, I headlined the card” deflections over fundamental skill sets and wins made the market unstable.

This monopolized the market in favor of Battlers with Stanbases that that stayed in the news cycle by any means to get booked, opposed to the foundation of their skill set and wins.

So accordingly, when Surf went away.
The market for Battlers crashed, leaving fans to say:

“Shyt don’t feel the same”

Stan Culture in Battlerap created this itself, it’s Business 101.

Surf is one of thee best at full promo runs in battle rap, it kinda goes without saying, everybody has their own clan of Stan's, but it's only a handful of battle rappers that do the promo work that get people in venues, and have a packed out house. Surf is one of them. He's a critical component that's missing, it's like if Verb stepped away or Eazy, or Hitman, or Mook. It's just certain guys that are going to bring the "show" to sell the event.