Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
No they don't, it hasn't been like that since the Clips battle, URL even set the trailer up like that was going to be the case lol. There was no "Grey Hoodie" hype besides the Surf battle before Covid messed the whole event up.

yeah idk.....ever since the Hot 97 freestyle, I always see comments from ppl who seem to think he was just an epiphany away from bringing those raps to a battle

"Lux learned from the reaction of his last one, he gonna get back to...." blah blah blah

last near-decade of work say otherwise, but don't let me ruin your dream, keep hope alive

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah idk.....ever since the Hot 97 freestyle, I always see comments from ppl who seem to think he was just an epiphany away from bringing those raps to a battle

"Lux learned from the reaction of his last one, he gonna get back to...." blah blah blah

last near-decade of work say otherwise, but don't let me ruin your dream, keep hope alive

Lux has done this on purpose, is it foolish to me yeah, but it is what it is. He said on the Spaces earlier today, that he writes to the level of his opponent, if they not a threat lyrically he's going to take it light for the most part. Nitty is a threat so for Lux not to get crazy next weekend would be the dumbest decision he could make at this point. It's a sink or swim moment in his career, it ain't about the Grey Hoodie, it's just clothes lol.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He said on the Spaces earlier today, that he writes to the level of his opponent, if they not a threat lyrically he's going to take it light for the most part.
This is so ridiculous it’s gotta be a lie, lol. Lux too smart to even say something this dumb, let alone actually do it. Stop running your damn rounds by Head Ice, that’s the problem right there, 😂.

I love Wolf but yeah, nah, he probably encourages gibberish. Run them shhits by Mook, Mook loves Lux and he is nice, he’ll be real with him. Run em by Chess, who also reveres him. Guys like that, they’ll get him right, just on some wordplay clarity type shhit

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Lux has done this on purpose, is it foolish to me yeah, but it is what it is. He said on the Spaces earlier today, that he writes to the level of his opponent, if they not a threat lyrically he's going to take it light for the most part. Nitty is a threat so for Lux not to get crazy next weekend would be the dumbest decision he could make at this point. It's a sink or swim moment in his career, it ain't about the Grey Hoodie, it's just clothes lol.

Nitty is NOT a threat, to anybody. Because when nikkas "lose" to Nitty it does nothing to them. Because all he do is punch, he isnt nuanced enough to make someone look bad/have the masses look at his opponent in a certain way. Who has Nitty killed? Who has Nity sat down? Who has Nitty BROKE down? That nikka not no damn threat. All his "wins" are preference.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nitty is NOT a threat, to anybody. Because when nikkas "lose" to Nitty it does nothing to them. Because all he do is punch, he isnt nuanced enough to make someone look bad/have the masses look at his opponent in a certain way. Who has Nitty killed? Who has Nity sat down? Who has Nitty BROKE down? That nikka not no damn threat. All his "wins" are preference.
It's not my personal opinion lol, the culture collectively said Lux is running from Nitty, so it would be safe to say he's deemed as a threat in most people's eyes to Lux. The majority of the culture view Nitty as having an elite Pen.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
It's not my personal opinion lol, the culture collectively said Lux is running from Nitty, so it would be safe to say he's deemed as a threat in most people's eyes to Lux. The majority of the culture view Nitty as having an elite Pen.

nikka the majority of the culture fukking stupid. You know this, I know this, @MicIsGod knows it, we all know it. Being DEEMED as a threat dont MEAN you ARE ACTUALLY a threat. The culture just stay with Nitty dikk in they mouth, fukk them!

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
nikka the majority of the culture fukking stupid. You know this, I know this, @MicIsGod knows it, we all know it. Being DEEMED as a threat dont MEAN you ARE ACTUALLY a threat. The culture just stay with Nitty dikk in they mouth, fukk them!
Being deemed as a threat makes you a threat, whether you are or not. Because the fanbases dictate everything in battle rap that isn’t a clear 30.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is so ridiculous it’s gotta be a lie, lol. Lux too smart to even say something this dumb, let alone actually do it. Stop running your damn rounds by Head Ice, that’s the problem right there, 😂.

I love Wolf but yeah, nah, he probably encourages gibberish. Run them shhits by Mook, Mook loves Lux and he is nice, he’ll be real with him. Run em by Chess, who also reveres him. Guys like that, they’ll get him right, just on some wordplay clarity type shhit

Ice heard everything up to this point, from Miles to now, y'all can't keep blaming Wolf for Lux coasting thru most of the battles "lyrically" since he's been back 😂.

If it's anybody Lux needs to run his rounds by, it's Hollow, he steered Lux in the right direction when he was writing and made the right suggestions, on what to use or throw out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I know but I'm just saying it, for the sake of conversation lmao. It's healthy discussion lol

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Being deemed as a threat makes you a threat, whether you are or not. Because the fanbases dictate everything in battle rap that isn’t a clear 30.

Thats not how being a threat works. To be a threat, there has to be lingering consequences for the opposing force. Being a threat aint about perception. That shyt is reality. Pinworms are deemed as threats, in reality them bytches is as harmless as Rum Nitty (I would know. I had them, a few times)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My fault if already posted, bout to watch this jawn right now, 🔥. John is dope to me, not the gangsta killer poet energy like his goofy peers and pragmatic…not very explosive, pause, he’s not a dunker but I’ll take the 17 points just off jump shots and free throws every night, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Cal regular to me but he’s a legend, should be good