Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps

This the most humble I've seen Mook. He checked himself into rehab. Damn.

To be honest, what I took from this Mook interview is this.

It sounds like Mook had a drug and alcohol problem that escalated after his mom died, which led to him becoming a domestic abuser.

And that the altercation we witnessed was the result of his wife calling the cops on him out of desperation after another incident.

And that his wife chose not to speak out and keep it in house for the sake of the family and his career, as long as he chose to go to rehab.

I think Mook is aware of the fact that he should be extremely thankful for the chance(s) he got given all of those things.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lux is nice nice…but him and others get that “I don’t understand what he’s trying to say so it MUST be next level amazing!!!!” gas a lot of times, lol. Sometimes it’s just struggle bars that are delivered well and stacked up with the multis and other inconsequential shhit like that…once you get to the actual meat of it, pause, that shhit be tofu for real. Verb is all that all the time, lol, imho of course, just rhyming words well and saying nothing heavy/complex really
Lux really only does that in battles and why I think he's gonna lose to Nitty. If Lux rapped how he did in record or Hot 97 in battles, he'd mop the floor with Nitty and everyone else. But he doesn't do that.

Nitty isnt half the rapper Lux is, but Nitty understands modern battle rap. And he knows how to make a layered poignant bar, that's not overly complex to the point of confusion. Lux gets into this space in battles where he will get reachy and say things that even if you broke down do make sense, was unnecessary because the point could've been made more succinctly. And sometimes it's just word association disguised as a scheme.

If Lux would've stayed in that Hollow battle style, he'd literally be unbeatable.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I dunno, if Rum smokes Lux Belovedhood as a whole could be in jeopardy. Lux needs this win after the Gotti joint. If he has a classic with or smokes Rum, he'll be right back where he's supposed to be
#BelovedHood is forever, because what Lux has done for the foundation and fabric of Battlerap as a whole is forever.

Nitty even being who he is as a Battler and getting to where he’s at with Lux’s foundation, is a testament of the immortality of BelovedHood.
“Lux is my EndGame battle, because Lux is my GOAT”

- Rum Nitty (12:45) [timestamped]

#BelovedHood :blessed:

LUX is TO ME, THE ILLEST of THE ILLEST

- Murda Mook (01:19:20)
“Who makes you go back the most to catch shyt?” :jbhmm:

Lux, LUX!! Lux is not.. of this Earth..
with how he puts shyt together.
Like, I swear to God.
and muthafukkas that THINK they rap and they can catch it. They DON’T really be catching it.. I catches..
And I DON’T catch all his shyt and THAT’S why I know he’s REALLY like that, because I catch EVERYTHING.
You not gon’ get nuffin really passed me
in a metaphorical sense, but LUX?!?!?!
This nikka is RIDICULOUS with that shyt and I appreciate that kinda rapping.
Lotta that shyt I can’t do.
I TRIED to do it, but I can’t do it..

- Murda Mook (01:20:00)

My goal is the same as ANY pen’s goal in this shyt.
Obviously, my endgoal is Loaded Lux.
ANYTHING that can get me to that goal..
I think that JC is a great start.. - Klutz (:mjlol: )
[timestamped]

Ever since Lux stepped on the scene he set the BAR for Battlerap

He’s always been the endgame for the vast majority of Battlerappers because he’s universally understood to be the golden child.

People tryna act like this ain’t the case are delusional. They have the right to live in their own delusion, but yeah lol
Look at it like this.
When Mook and Lux were BOTH outside in the DVD era goin into the URL of era, it was Lux that struck FEAR in battlers.
There were hilarious examples back then of nikkas not wanting that smoke with Lux.
Conceited talking bout “needing a year off to write”
Cortez wide eyed like he saw a ghost talking bout “oh hell naah, not me”

There’s NOONE in Battlerap that was anywhere near as feared as Lux was back then.

Mook was never seen in THAT light, let alone penmanship.

Chess is a Pen nikka, ALL pen nikkas look at LUX as their endgame and the bar when it comes to lyricism.
Danza: Name ya GOATS and then we’ll get into the Pat Stay story :sas1:

Me personally, before I ever got into Battlerap..

I don’t have no problem saying this..
LUX was my favorite.

I ALWAYS consider LUX my GOAT.
It wasn’t nobody else.
I was like, LUX is the PINNACLE of this shyt.

- Bigg K (1h54m34s)

Episode 113 | Bigg K 🎙️ Full #Interview
No matter the generation, they know Lux is the GOAT
:sas2:

Nitty is an Toptier talent and a phenomenal opponent, so whoever loses between the two shouldn’t take away from other.

@JuvenileHell You my brother.
So I’mma kindly ask you to repent for putting Belovedhood into question. You know better :ufdup:

#BelovedHood

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
this battle prolly gonna go the way a lot of lux battles go

day of, it's gonna feel like rum won
over time, its gonna shift to lux won because when you rewind it you'll understand the parables and riddles he was speaking...maybe

This scheme actually made a lot of sense. It's just two schemes in 1. But it's ultimately a play on Verb trying to push narratives before the battle and playing into Verb being a vegan and watching his weight. It's just unnecessarily convoluted.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
#BelovedHood is forever, because what Lux has done to foundation and fabric of Battlerap as a whole is forever.

Nitty even being who he is as a Battler and getting to where he’s at with Lux’s foundation, is a testament of the immortality of BelovedHood.

Nitty is an Toptier talent and a phenomenal opponent, so whoever loses between the two shouldn’t take away from other.

@JuvenileHell You my brother.
So I’mma kindly as you to repent for putting Belovedhood into question. You know better :ufdup:

#BelovedHood

You right, gonna watch all of Beloved's battles in chronological order and repent :wow: Thanks for setting me straight :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lux ain't coming to do parables or none of that, he's showing up to kick Nitty ass and rap at "they" level. I think he's finally leaving that "rewind find, it's more to find" shyt at the house, I believe he's gonna bomb on Nitty from the word go.

It'll be interesting to see how the face off goes also, will Lux turn up for the 1st time ever and talk his shyt??

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
this battle prolly gonna go the way a lot of lux battles go

day of, it's gonna feel like rum won
over time, its gonna shift to lux won because when you rewind it you'll understand the parables and riddles he was speaking...maybe

Rum Nitty of ALL people critiquing someone for their material not meaning anything.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Lux ain't coming to do parables or none of that, he's showing up to kick Nitty ass and rap at "they" level. I think he's finally leaving that "rewind find, it's more to find" shyt at the house, I believe he's gonna bomb on Nitty from the word go.

It'll be interesting to see how the face off goes also, will Lux turn up for the 1st time ever and talk his shyt??
I hope neither off them scream and yell at the face off.

Because dumb ass fans will then run with that scenerio to push the narrative that “turning up” at an faceoff is an indication if someone is gonna just do their job.

They might fukk around and ruin their voice with that bullshyt.

Fukk all that, DO YOUR JOB and deliver on stage.

I hope they’re calm and collected and leave all that fake ass aggression.

The content in the battle should speak for itself.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope neither off them scream and yell at the face off.

Because dumb ass fans will then run with that scenerio to push the narrative that “turning up” at an faceoff is an indication if someone is gonna just do their job.

They might fukk around and ruin their voice with that bullshyt.

Fukk all that, DO YOUR JOB and deliver on stage.

I hope they’re calm and collected and leave all that fake ass aggression.

The content in the battle should speak for itself.

No I don't mean in a disrespectful way from either side, because no animosity between Rum and Lux, it's all from a competitive space. Lux has shown he can get in that bag too in various interviews/Twitter Spaces over the past few months.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
No I don't mean in a disrespectful way from either side, because no animosity between Rum and Lux, it's all from a competitive space. Lux has shown he can get in that bag too in various interviews/Twitter Spaces over the past few months.

You nikkas love that corny shyt. IDGAF if its just battle rap or not you raise your voice at me its Balls to the Wall

jTGzsl.gif