Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Beasley also said he offered to give battlers a YouTube drop in exchange for a pay cut but they decline it.
That sounds dumb:
How much is the paycut?
When does the battle drop?
Do I get paid some of the Youtube money from ads and shyt of the video? - He said they get the revenue
What happens if my opponent doesnt agree?
A lot of blogs said Smack did an interview a few weeks ago and flat out said there are no more youtube drops.
Ez said they flat out told him no about a youtube drop :manny:
Summer Madness & NOME gonna be PPV, smh.
Yep, sounding like Caffeine straight up cut the purse strings. Just got to the part where eh said the PPV cost will depend on the card. So I imagine if we have big names on NOME/SM, then it will be more than $25. That's probably another reason why this PPV $25, so when we see the NOME/SM cards with bigger names they can charge more.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I will say URL should be ok as far as putting on events w/o caffeine. Lets say the app has 100k users @8 a month thats 800k. URL can put up a decent monthly card with 100k- 200k of that and still eat decently.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Black asked Beasley to name stars and he names Ez, Real Sikh, Fonz, and Ace. That's steep ass decline after Ez and Ez credits his shyt to caffeine, not the app Also, Jay Black killed his argument when he mentioned Award. I would say A Ward is on the same level if not higher than all of them except Ez :manny:

Beasley is crediting Ez's success to the urlapp instead of Caffeine streams. Ez said he only did 1 app battle.

Low/mid level battlers and the ones that dont do business outside of BR will do good with URL. I imagine you have a nice consistent check which is why lower tier guys like Loso/Ace ok with it. Beasley said some battlers make more streaming on caffeine than battling. But what comes with that is you locked in to the URL system and you have a ceiling with exposure. If you have aspirations outside of BR is when that becomes a problem for battlers.

Edit: It really seems Beasley doesnt understand why Ez or other battlers would want Youtube drops. It's not about he money generated by the youtube drop, it's about the exposure of the youtube drop gives. Im curious if Ez responds to this interview to call out the claim that he was possibly offered a youtube drop with a lesser bag.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black asked Beasley to name stars and he names Ez, Real Sikh, Fonz, and Ace. That's steep ass decline after Ez and Ez credits his shyt to caffeine, not the app Also, Jay Black killed his argument when he mentioned Award. I would say A Ward is on the same level if not higher than all of them except Ez :manny:

Beasley is crediting Ez's success to the urlapp instead of Caffeine streams. Ez said he only did 1 app battle.

Low/mid level battlers and the ones that dont do business outside of BR will do good with URL. I imagine you have a nice consistent check which is why lower tier guys like Loso/Ace ok with it. Beasley said some battlers make more streaming on caffeine than battling. But what comes with that is you locked in to the URL system and you have a ceiling with exposure. If you have aspirations outside of BR is when that becomes a problem for battlers.

Edit: It really seems Beasley doesnt understand why Ez or other battlers would want Youtube drops. It's not about he money generated by the youtube drop, it's about the exposure of the youtube drop gives. Im curious if Ez responds to this interview to call out the claim that he was possibly offered a youtube drop with a lesser bag.

I don’t see how Jay Blac killed his argument when he mentioned Award. Beasley is right. People seem to act as if Award is this up and coming batter.

Award is a product of KOTD. They introduced him to the battle world, and gave him good names over there. They are one of the few leagues that can introduce new talent.

To his credit, he has been able to appeal to the street side of battle rap. How? I absolutely have no idea. However, because nyggas don’t really watch KOTD like that, it’s as if he came to battle rap doing it completely independently.

The only battler I can think of that truly did it on an independent level was Bdot.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Beasley interview is hilarious. It’s a shame he has to do this, but the BRC is the cheapest community.

I was listening to a Norbes podcast last week. Just listen to the people that call in. It’s like our people don’t understand business.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I don’t see how Jay Blac killed his argument when he mentioned Award. Beasley is right. People seem to act as if Award is this up and coming batter.

Award is a product of KOTD. They introduced him to the battle world, and gave him good names over there. They are one of the few leagues that can introduce new talent.

To his credit, he has been able to appeal to the street side of battle rap. How? I absolutely have no idea. However, because nyggas don’t really watch KOTD like that, it’s as if he came to battle rap doing it completely independently.
Because Beasly was talkin about battler's that had "grown lately" since the pandemic and comparing them. Ez/Fonz etc been around before the pandemic too :manny:

Other than Ez, do you think Award is on about the same level as the other battlers he mentioned?

This Beasley interview is hilarious. It’s a shame he has to do this, but the BRC is the cheapest community.
I was listening to a Norbes podcast last week. Just listen to the people that call in. It’s like our people don’t understand business.
Yea, the play makes sense for URL and is probably a good situation for 95% of battlers who wont reach the heights of Ez/Hitman etc.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Beasly was talkin about battler's that had "grown lately" since the pandemic and comparing them. Ez/Fonz etc been around before the pandemic too :manny:

Other than Ez, do you think Award is on about the same level as the other battlers he mentioned?

Yea, the play makes sense for URL and is probably a good situation for 95% of battlers who wont reach the heights of Ez/Hitman etc.

Not a good comparison man.

Go back and listen again. Beasley is dismissive of Award because he doesn’t view him as new guy. He came up through one of the few leagues that can brand talent. Eazy, Fonz, and all those other guys were on smaller leagues.

I get where you are trying to go with this, but Award was battling DNA, Cortez, Real Deal, etc on KOTD six years ago. He probably had to venture out of necessity because KOTD is just not able to throw events. It ended up working out for him.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Unfortunately they don’t. I’m the director of operations at the organization I work for. I can’t tell you how many questions I get like, “why can’t we just hire more people”. Or “ why can’t we get everyone a turkey, or ham for the holidays.” Most people have no idea/don’t care about budgets, marketing and how to keep a company financially profitable. But on the flip side a lot of the upper management of organizations loses touch on what keeps the average employee motivated, and don’t treat their employees with the proper respect.

I definitely understand why URL want to move away from YouTube, but they don’t seem to understand the exposure argument. If I was URL, I would consider just uploading one rd of battles on YouTube like they use to do back in the day. That way battlers will get the exposure they desire, but still leave a major incentive to get the app to see the full battle uninterrupted.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Is eazy a house hold name?
Eazy can’t battle a no name and get a crowd
Hitman was the draw
The draw has been Eazy’s opponents
Y’all just called him URL’s biggest draw since Geechi in 2020. I’m not saying he’s on hitman status. But the argument is URL can’t make a star cause nobody will know who they are and I’m saying at one point we didn’t know who Eazy was. And then we did. Without YouTube.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The reason he asking for YouTube drops cuz he know he is lacking visibility
I don’t think he can go to atl Houston and cali and headline
He said his own people don’t even know his battle on his last live
After his hitman battle some of his people’s said you should battle Chess next
That’s his fault.