Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think Beasley is giving the URL app the credit that belongs to Caffeine. Those rappers grew because URL moved the big battles from 1 free platform (YouTube) to another (Caffeine) so the exposure wasn't lost as much. Now if all URL battles are behind a paywall, there will be a significant drop on viewership which I doubt URL will ever admit to.
Why not create an ad version and a pay for ad free version of the app like Hulu?
Who is gonna pay to put ads on that shyt? They just went through that shyt with Youtube.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately they don’t. I’m the director of operations at the organization I work for. I can’t tell you how many questions I get like, “why can’t we just hire more people”. Or “ why can’t we get everyone a turkey, or ham for the holidays.” Most people have no idea/don’t care about budgets, marketing and how to keep a company financially profitable. But on the flip side a lot of the upper management of organizations loses touch on what keeps the average employee motivated, and don’t treat their employees with the proper respect.

I definitely understand why URL want to move away from YouTube, but they don’t seem to understand the exposure argument. If I was URL, I would consider just uploading one rd of battles on YouTube like they use to do back in the day. That way battlers will get the exposure they desire, but still leave a major incentive to get the app to see the full battle uninterrupted.

Oh shyt URL listened to my idea:ohhh:
Let me find out they are in the battle zone. What up P!

BrooklynShow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Crown Heights Brooklyn
Who is gonna pay to put ads on that shyt? They just went through that shyt with Youtube.
Movies, video games & alcohol brands.
Battle Rap demographics is the same target for blockbuster & action movie, violent or sports video games and alcohol. You think a John Wick ad wouldn't work before or after a battle? Nas Hennessey ad wouldn't work between rounds or the next Call of Duty, NBA 2K etc?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Movies, video games & alcohol brands.
Battle Rap demographics is the same target for blockbuster & action movie, violent or sports video games and alcohol. You think a John Wick ad wouldn't work before or after a battle? Nas Hennessey ad wouldn't work between rounds or the next Call of Duty, NBA 2K etc?
Yea a lot of those companies don’t want to be associated with “I’ll kill ya baby moms” to intense crowd reaction. I don’t think y’all understand what happened to YouTube. Companies pressured them to clean up their site in a sense in order for their products to not be associated with the most vile the internet has to offer. This resulted in cleaner content being promoted and monetization structures being altered. Similar shyt happened to twitter pre Elon. Disney was interested in purchasing and saw how incredibly unhinged and unfiltered the user base was and did not want to put their name on it.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Damn, Chrome 23/Eazy got URL Movin Different.

Sitdown Beasley interviews, Youtube content, and PPVs.

I ain't mad at it.

:salute:
This is EXACTLY why nikkas slandering other leagues are STUPID.

Monopolizing the market is NEVER good for the consumer (them), but nikkas are too financially illiterate and obsessed with tribalism to understand that (which URL knows very well) so :manny:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is EXACTLY why nikkas slandering other leagues are STUPID.

Monopolizing the market is NEVER good for the consumer (them), but nikkas are too financially illiterate and obsessed with tribalism to understand that (which URL knows very well) so :manny:

URL has the best track record of satisfying its consumer base. By a mile. Their product is leaps and bounds better now than it was 6-8 years ago, despite the actual talent in battle rap being worse than it was. Every reasonable complaint we’ve had as a fan base they’ve listened to and improved. I don’t want to shyt on y’all fandom but sometimes y’all sound like new fans and don’t remember all the bullshyt we put up with to get here: the 8 hour events, the 6 month waits for YouTube drops, the shytty streams, all the choking, all the no shows. Everything URL could control to improve these often loud complaints they’ve fixed.

Seeing so many people cry about YouTube drops when as a culture we fukking HATED the way URL operated their page is mind boggling. We’re in a way better situation with the app that is legitimately a good product now that they’ve yet again listened to feedback and improved upon.

Watching Chrome felt like watching a URL event from 2016. And it’s not a coincidence that Remy had all the same issues and complaints that Smack used to have back then.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
URL has the best track record of satisfying its consumer base. By a mile. Their product is leaps and bounds better now than it was 6-8 years ago, despite the actual talent in battle rap being worse than it was. Every reasonable complaint we’ve had as a fan base they’ve listened to and improved. I don’t want to shyt on y’all fandom but sometimes y’all sound like new fans and don’t remember all the bullshyt we put up with to get here: the 8 hour events, the 6 month waits for YouTube drops, the shytty streams, all the choking, all the no shows. Everything URL could control to improve these often loud complaints they’ve fixed.

Seeing so many people cry about YouTube drops when as a culture we fukking HATED the way URL operated their page is mind boggling. We’re in a way better situation with the app that is legitimately a good product now that they’ve yet again listened to feedback and improved upon.

Watching Chrome felt like watching a URL event from 2016. And it’s not a coincidence that Remy had all the same issues and complaints that Smack used to have back then.
IN6AApW.gif

nikka why you be on URL/APP dikk so hard playing defense? It's like you take the shyt personal. You got stock in this shyt? :gucci:

You can't even be objective talking about the App and why a battler would want a youtube drop. Watching the Chrome Event was like watching a URL caffeine event. Caffeine shyt been late, nikkas still be choking, etc. The only issue the chrome event had that was worse than Caffeine was the stream cutting off cuz of the traffic with Pat Stay Event. Other than that it's about on par with recent Caffeine shyt. During caffeine events I remember nikkas still posting like "Smack got all this money from Caffeine and still on real nikka time or fukking up"

I also don't know why you comparing the app, which doesnt have live events from my knowledge, to live events. They can edit the shyt to improve the experience.

Like how the hell can you get mad at battlers for wanting youtube drops lol. And the only reason the events arent as long is because of Caffeine, not URL. Caffeine the ones footing the bill to rent the shyt, so they keep URL/Smack on a short leash. Do you not remember some white woman from Caffeine shutting down an event because it went past time when we had one more battle? Them nikkas had to finish the battle outside. :wtf:
Are you a battlerapper that URL has on a long term deal? Are you Loso? Ace?...........Mike P? :jbhmm:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
IN6AApW.gif

nikka why you be on URL/APP dikk so hard playing defense? It's like you take the shyt personal. You got stock in this shyt? :gucci:

You can't even be objective talking about the App and why a battler would want a youtube drop. Watching the Chrome Event was like watching a URL caffeine event. Caffeine shyt been late, nikkas still be choking, etc. The only issue the chrome event had that was worse than Caffeine was the stream cutting off cuz of the traffic with Pat Stay Event. Other than that it's about on par with recent Caffeine shyt. During caffeine events I remember nikkas still posting like "Smack got all this money from Caffeine and still on real nikka time or fukking up"

I also don't know why you comparing the app, which doesnt have live events from my knowledge, to live events. They can edit the shyt to improve the experience.

Like how the hell can you get mad at battlers for wanting youtube drops lol. And the only reason the events arent as long is because of Caffeine, not URL. Caffeine the ones footing the bill to rent the shyt, so they keep URL/Smack on a short leash. Do you not remember some white woman from Caffeine shutting down an event because it went past time when we had one more battle? Them nikkas had to finish the battle outside. :wtf:
Are you a battlerapper that URL has on a long term deal? Are you Loso? Ace?...........Mike P? :jbhmm:
Cause this argument bothers me. Some of y’all not being objective at all. It’s just hate from my perspective. I know why battlers want YouTube, i just think they’re overstating its current impact and agree URL has no business being on there anymore.

I was talking about the Mic issues on chrome and the stream cutting out. Caffeine events are nothing like the old url events as far as time goes. The pre shows alone used to be damn near 4 hours long. And your last argument is the type of weird hate I’m talking about. Why doesn’t URL get credit for having a good partner?