Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This is going to be an interesting thing because Eazy is literally the hottest person in battle rap in the moment.

URL have lost battlers before, but not ones who literally been their hottest commodity. This would be like losing Geechi Gotti in 2020.

I wonder if they'll make accommodations for him as far as Youtube drops or will they be bitter and cut their nose to spite their face and not book him again? Other battlers may be upset but they have to know they're not in a position of leverage like Eazy. This would be the first time in forever that URL didn't have the hottest battler under contract.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
This is going to be an interesting thing because Eazy is literally the hottest person in battle rap in the moment.

URL have lost battlers before, but not ones who literally been their hottest commodity. This would be like losing Geechi Gotti in 2020.

I wonder if they'll make accommodations for him as far as Youtube drops or will they be bitter and cut their nose to spite their face and not book him again? Other battlers may be upset but they have to know they're not in a position of leverage like Eazy. This would be the first time in forever that URL didn't have the hottest battler under contract.
i just dont see what they lose by doing it. just do a timed release, 3-6 months after the battle is available on the URLTV App. Can't imagine the returns on battles that long ago are THAT great but nobody knows the numbers :skip:

we're getting to a point where the generation of battlers that they can book for cheap are also nikkas nobody's heard of. Can't depend on SaFlare Sole and Footz to sell out a venue when half the people showin up have no idea who they are...and one of those dudes has a 30 on Chess. Sounds like opportunity for a youtube drop to me :yeshrug:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i just dont see what they lose by doing it. just do a timed release, 3-6 months after the battle is available on the URLTV App. Can't imagine the returns on battles that long ago are THAT great but nobody knows the numbers :skip:

we're getting to a point where the generation of battlers that they can book for cheap are also nikkas nobody's heard of. Can't depend on SaFlare Sole and Footz to sell out a venue when half the people showin up have no idea who they are...and one of those dudes has a 30 on Chess. Sounds like opportunity for a youtube drop to me :yeshrug:
I think integrity of the app is the only thing. If they are building to make the app the only resource to get battles, they probably want to make sure it's seen as such. If they start bending for certain battlers, it becomes a slippery slope. Then guys who aren't as hot as Eazy currently but maybe bigger names in the culture historically (The Hollow's, Mook's of the world) may start asking for Youtube drops in their contracts and it could get messy. So I get the hesitation. It'll be interesting how it plays out.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think integrity of the app is the only thing. If they are building to make the app the only resource to get battles, they probably want to make sure it's seen as such. If they start bending for certain battlers, it becomes a slippery slope. Then guys who aren't as hot as Eazy currently but maybe bigger names in the culture historically (The Hollow's, Mook's of the world) may start asking for Youtube drops in their contracts and it could get messy. So I get the hesitation. It'll be interesting how it plays out.
Mook and Lux already were getting YouTube drops on all of their app joints though. But I’m sure they both came in demanding it from the jump, and their leverage was already built in well before an app was even thought of.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mook and Lux already were getting YouTube drops on all of their app joints though. But I’m sure they both came in demanding it from the jump, and their leverage was already built in well before an app was even thought of.
True but after it went on the app. I thinking drops on youtube first.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s one angle. The opposite angle is they made him. He built his career on their backs. :yeshrug:

This is essentially the same argument that UFC fighters have with the UFC.
No doubt...that's why growth, or at least the opportunity for growth, needs to be discussed in that first interview/the hiring process, lol. Eazy hit the proverbial ceiling with URL at this point...it's time to go showcase them talents to the whole world now and get them Youtube eyes, it's only right. They both did for each other what they were supposed to, both benefitted off the other, now it's time to move on...especially if he's fulfilled his contract and all that.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True but after it went on the app. I thinking drops on youtube first.
Ohhh gotcha.

Can’t see URL doing that. I for sure wouldn’t if I were them.

I’ll say this though. Everyone complains about URL having too much control over battle rap, but there is a CLEAR open lane they’ve left for anyone who wants to come in and take over themselves.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the other hand, where is Eazy gonna go, Chrome like many others before most likely won't last. Leaves him with RBE and the smaller leagues. One way or another if he wants to stay in battle rap he's going to need URL.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the other hand, where is Eazy gonna go, Chrome like many others before most likely won't last. Leaves him with RBE and the smaller leagues. One way or another if he wants to stay in battle rap he's going to need URL.
Why won't Chrome last? Remy is industry af and she got her own bag and connections...I think her league will be just fine. She just got a platinum plus battle on her shyt...this was probably the look she needed to expand operations and grow. If Eazy is gonna be the face then this joint is really gonna crack off crazy, imo.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why won't Chrome last? Remy is industry af and she got her own bag and connections...I think her league will be just fine. She just got a platinum plus battle on her shyt...this was probably the look she needed to expand operations and grow. If Eazy is gonna be the face then this joint is really gonna crack off crazy, imo.

For the same reasons many before Chrome didn't last, despite having bigger backing eg the eminem joint.

I predict Remy is A. Going to get bored. B. Lose money C. Get tired of dealing with unprofessional battle rappers D. All of the above :mjgrin:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
For the same reasons many before Chrome didn't last, despite having bigger backing eg the eminem joint.

I predict Remy is A. Going to get bored. B. Lose money C. Get tired of dealing with unprofessional battle rappers D. All of the above :mjgrin:
think thats why she's latching on to eazy. simple bars, whatever whatever, mans is a professional and most of the professionals don't have the crowd's ear the way he does. She had to go into spaces to get at Hustle for no-showing her faceoff too :russ: . can't want bigger bags and then not do bigger bag things

also, watching this eazy vid in total this nikka be killin me "nikkas wasn't sendin me the battles from the apps, they was sending me my joints from reddit!" :salute:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So did Eminem, Snoop, and Mistah Fab.

Remy has lost money on every event. She’s still figuring it out.

For her to stay in it, she has to truly be passionate about it. This not an industry where it’s about the money.

Only URL and RBE have been consistent the past decade.

Last edited:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is it safe to say that this year is like make or break for chrome 23? like they're either gonna become a solid #3 or crash and burn?

And I really wonder what URL's answer for Eazy will be :jbhmm:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Ez said he trying to position himself outside of BR. He doesnt want to be doing this much longer :manny: