Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven’t listened to the Remy interview yet.

However, just based on those clips Chris played, it’s just another example of the lack of respect for black business owners. She doesn’t seem to have much respect for the URL or their contracts.

If it were Jimmy Iovine battle league, no one would even try to touch his talent.

You see this shyt on the corporate side as well. When you got a black person in a leadership, nyggas act like they want to “see” them if they get disrespected.
I like Remy but it really is an attack on Black business, she wouldn't have dared to try to break into a white dominated business space that way. The only way she was able to get into the space was through the love she has been shown. I thought Smack was down with that crew I spoke of earlier because he put a camera in front of them all. Guess not.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I like Remy but it really is an attack on Black business, she wouldn't have dared to try to break into a white dominated business space that way. The only way she was able to get into the space was through the love she has been shown. I thought Smack was down with that crew I spoke of earlier because he put a camera in front of them all. Guess not.
She sounds lame as hell. "If you would sue, you would go to the cops". How else we pose to deal with business/legal matters/contracts?Dafuq I look like trying to handle business shyt in the street way? That's what I pay lawyers for. Does she think 50 would go to the cops cuz he had his lawyers handle some shyt?
She also sounds dumb for feeling some type of way about URL not congratulating her. Why the hell would I congratulate you when you speaking to my main battler without even hitting me up first and fukking with my business. :martin:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She sounds lame as hell. "If you would sue, you would go to the cops". How else we pose to deal with business/legal matters/contracts?Dafuq I look like trying to handle business shyt in the street way? That's what I pay lawyers for. Does she think 50 would go to the cops cuz he had his lawyers handle some shyt?
She also sounds dumb for feeling some type of way about URL not congratulating her. Why the hell would I congratulate you when you speaking to my main battler without even hitting me up first and fukking with my business. :martin:
Remy sees herself as above Smack and them, that’s where the energy is coming from. This is like somebody’s big sister taking their toys and acting like the kid brother shouldn’t be allowed to say shyt.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
nikkas were swearing up and down that Clips would put an end to Eazy’s streak and he just lost to Danny Myers.

Keep that same energy and put respect on Danny’s name :ufdup:

Clips BEEN losing to nikkas though, the Clippers AKA Lamar Odoms just been swarming the app fighting for that nikka.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Interesting. Eazy stated that he took offence to the cease and desist IRL sent. He stated he was in a contract but he dropped bread on a lawyers. According to Eazy his lawyer got him out of his contract. He also stated he was talking to his up till the night before just to make sure he was good to perform.

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Interesting. Eazy stated that he took offense to the cease and desist IRL sent. He stated he was in a contract but he dropped bread on a lawyers. According to Eazy his lawyer got him out of his contract. He also stated he was talking to his up till the night before just to make sure he was good to perform.
After hearing a few things I’m thinking URL didn’t have a specific “can’t battle there”clause for Chrome 23 in these contracts like they do with RBE.

Makes sense because Rum and Ave ran into issues with the URL after they went to chrome.

URL can’t really do anything about it outside of removing them from URL/Caffiene.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
After hearing a few things I’m thinking URL didn’t have a specific “can’t battle there”clause for Chrome 23 in these contracts like they do with RBE.

Makes sense because Rum and Ave ran into issues with the URL after they went to chrome.

URL can’t really do anything about it outside of removing them from URL/Caffiene.
Norbes mentioned something like this too. At the time of the contract Chrome 23 wouldnt have been a thought to URL like Rbe etc would have. I think he mentioned they have some statements like "You can't battle another URL battler in an event or for more than one round" etc.