Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
It’s a reason Lux and Mook have gotten YouTube drops for their Caffeine battles.
these the last two mfs that need youtube drops. thats just bragging rights for them

they can eat anywhere if they so please. exposure is nothin to them

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I haven’t listened to the Remy interview yet.

However, just based on those clips Chris played, it’s just another example of the lack of respect for black business owners. She doesn’t seem to have much respect for the URL or their contracts.

If it were Jimmy Iovine battle league, no one would even try to touch his talent.

You see this shyt on the corporate side as well. When you got a black person in a leadership, nyggas act like they want to “see” them if they get disrespected.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area

However, just based on those clips Chris played, it’s just another example of the lack of respect for black business owners. She doesn’t seem to have much respect for the URL or their contracts.

If it were Jimmy Iovine battle league, no one would even try to touch his talent.

You see this shyt on the corporate side as well. When you got a black person in a leadership, nyggas act like they want to “see” them if they get disrespected.
I agree with her on the fact that URL shouldn’t care because they weren’t gonna make this battle anyway cuz their on the outs with Hitman

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would you negotiate YouTube drops if it means you take a pay cut?
Depends who I am and my position and level of the pay cut, plus obviously how badly I needed the money and what leverage I have. Not enough specifics for an answer but generally speaking i probably would but I’d also bet, if you’re at a certain level, you wouldn’t need to.

If I could afford to make the long term move though I would take a YouTube drop over bigger short term bread.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
these the last two mfs that need youtube drops. thats just bragging rights for them

they can eat anywhere if they so please. exposure is nothin to them
I don’t think you’re looking at it from a wide enough perspective breh. You never don’t need more exposure as an entertainer, plus those guys understand that their main fan base doesn’t have the app. You stay the biggest star by always being on the biggest platforms possible.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think you’re looking at it from a wide enough perspective breh. You never don’t need more exposure as an entertainer, plus those guys understand that their main fan base doesn’t have the app. You stay the biggest star by always being on the biggest platforms possible.
i think from a battle rap perspective, putting a mook or lux caliber person on youtube benefits the brand more than those battlers themselves, which is fine and okay. One of them is on a card and it feels like everybody knows about it, compared to a Jaz who just started battling on cards much smaller than a Nome/Summer Madness. Additionally, i think Mook and Lux are gonna be the biggest stars regardless just on how sparse youtube drops are.

It's not like they're gonna be paid any more or anything by URL like that, i'm really looking at it from a every other battler under URL's exclusivity clause needs those youtube drops more.

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL

black business using the white man to oppress other black businesses.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Suge/Slade- Slade has better raps, but nobody cares:francis: Son might be done.
Qleen/Swamp - :francis:
Geechi/Millz - :francis::mjlol:
Snake/Burrus - Snake 30 is a shyt battle. Burrus is funny and entertaining. UNTIL HE STARTS RAPPING. HORRIBLE. Snake wsn't even good.
Cortez/Swervoo - Cortez 2-1. Otherworldly gas. I liked Tez's real talk 3rd.
Clips/Danny - Danny 2-1 clear. Clips had a really good 1st. The freestyle 3rd was okay, but not enough. The 2nd wasn't close. The "if factor" shyt was the 2nd nastiest shyt behind the Hollow shyt. Danny's rebuttals are better now, and the "give it back to me" proved it. Clips walked right into it. Rookie mistake. After catching up on these battles, I have Eazy as 1 and Danny as 2 for COTY.