Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone know the rumored main event for RBE?

My guess is Lux vs Hitman.

You had Norbes saying ARP got a God Tier. You had Hitman recently bragging about getting a bigger bag. In addition, they tried to do this battle awhile back, but Hitman said it was too close to the Lux/Geechi battle.

If that's the battle, I don't have high hopes of that battle turning out good. shyt is mad random :mjcry:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
URL might need to do some vertical integration type shyt and just invest in their own PPV streaming platform (better than the current app)….would be dope to see RBE, Riot, Chrome, etc all put their pride to side and use URL’s streaming PPV platform instead of RapGrid or Caffeine.
NEVER. You would be a complete retard to put your content in URL's hands :heh:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
NEVER. You would be a complete retard to put your content in URL's hands :heh:
putting trust in anything the petty god owns while you're the competition <<<

fukk around he gon take 40% of the ppv cut, have your shyt choppy in 480i the day of WHILE having URL ads in 8k between battles, not have ya vods ready for 3 weeks, and put em on his app the next day.

might as well just shoot yaself

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I never been to a major league battle rap event. I’m thinking about flying out to Atlanta for RBE’s Divide and Conquer 2, depending on the main event. For those of you that been to a major RBE events, how are they? Do they have food?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Assuming Mike P has more intel to be talking like this, I guess URL not getting a cut of the PPV :jbhmm:
But with you getting a free month of the app when you pay for the PPV, there is some crossover between the two parties. Caffeine can't force URL to do that.
I guess URL couldve thrown it in even if they not getting a cut of the PPV to just try to up the sub for their app though.

edit: That free month may just be for new subs to the app too I bet. That's the only way it makes sense for URL to throw a free sub in there. :mjlol:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Assuming Mike P has more intel to be talking like this, I guess URL not getting a cut of the PPV :jbhmm:
But with you getting a free month of the app when you pay for the PPV, there is some crossover between the two parties. Caffeine can't force URL to do that.
I guess URL couldve thrown it in even if they not getting a cut of the PPV to just try to up the sub for their app though.

Mike P is a fakkit and a shill. He was probably told to run interference, or he's protecting his undeserved Caffeine money.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Just checking out the vid from Chris. First few minutes is Loso/Ace saying the App allowed for URL to pay more to battlers. Was that the app allowing for that or because URL was backed heavily by Caffeine and Caffeine money was paying for that? The way Norbes was talking, Caffeine was footing the bill for a lot of these events, not URL.

Chris "It's funny watching nikkas come out to defend the app. They'll defend url til the core. They'll defend URL damn near more than they'll defend themselves" Got some posts in here like that :lolbron:

Edit: URL plan is URL will start live streaming events on their app. I guess the Caffeine deal is headed to a split.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Just checking out the vid from Chris. First few minutes is Loso/Ace saying the App allowed for URL to pay more to battlers. Was that the app allowing for that or because URL was backed heavily by Caffeine and Caffeine money was paying for that? The way Norbes was talking, Caffeine was footing the bill for a lot of these events, not URL.

Chris "It's funny watching nikkas come out to defend the app. They'll defend url til the core. They'll defend URL damn near more than they'll defend themselves" Got some posts in here like that :lolbron:

Edit: URL plan is URL will start live streaming events on their app. I guess the Caffeine deal is headed to a split.

2 things can be true.

Caffeine is not involved with URL's non caffeine events.

How do you think the URL is able to throw a large volume of events without Caffeine's assistance?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
2 things can be true.

Caffeine is not involved with URL's non caffeine events.

How do you think the URL is able to throw a large volume of events without Caffeine's assistance?
By using the money saved by Caffeine footing the bill for the major hitter cards and spreading it to the lower level cards? That combined with the long exclusive contracts, like Shine's 20k for five battles.
Even if Caffeine isnt involved in an app only card, URL still benefits from caffeine in app only events.
Caffeine pays 300k+ for the NOME event. URL gets to put the event on the app after it streams. Then use the $300k they didnt have to come out of pocket for the NOME card to put up app only events.

There's a reason the volume of events increased when the Caffeine deal happened.