Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got ez with the first two and hitman getting the 3rd, I feel like giving Ez this third is similar to when people gave shine the 3rd vs Verb

Both verb /hitman clearly had better Material but people just giving who they already got winning the third almost like the opposite of a pity round , a hate round.

But let’s talk battle rap has it the same as me

The question is if the first and third are both debatable then isn’t the battle debatable?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I got ez with the first two and hitman getting the 3rd, I feel like giving Ez this third is similar to when people gave shine the 3rd vs Verb

Both verb /hitman clearly had better Material but people just giving who they already got winning the third almost like the opposite of a pity round , a hate round.

The question is if the first and third are both debatable then isn’t the battle debatable?
This was essentially Hitman’s argument on the Joe Budden Podcast

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s not smacks problem. There isn’t anywhere in the world where a business owner is required to put out their product for free to benefit their clients. Smack helped make Hitman a star, for example. Which propelled him to a bigger audience through wild n out. Which in turn did NOTHING for smack and the url. All it did was increase Hitmans views on hitmans battles. A very insignificant portion of those fans actually became battle rap fans. It didn’t increase PPV buys, it didn’t increase venue buys, all it did was increase Hitman’s profile. So fukk that… if i can sustain my business with a fraction of the fan base who will actually pay to support it, I’m going to do that 10/10 times.

Well I'm not a Smack fan as much as I am a fan of battle rap. I totally get him not wanting to deal with YouTube. But this board is not about him. The top talent has to see this shyt working for them for battle rap to prosper. Smack will live well either way but the battlers should do their research and choose wisely. Hitman Holla broke away from Smack and became a much bigger star. While URL's top stars like Surf, Twork & Shine stay in and out of turmoil, getting locked up, having issues with fulfilling business obligations, seemingly not able to take full advantage of their connections.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Gave eazy the 1st, 2nd, and they both lost the 3rd but hit an lost it more.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl

I guess it is, but hitMans performance isn’t worth debating if that make sense. He needs to make the changes next time he battles, eazy can do this again and probably catch another win. I did not like this hitman at all after the 1st.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Well I'm not a Smack fan as much as I am a fan of battle rap. I totally get him not wanting to deal with YouTube. But this board is not about him. The top talent has to see this shyt working for them for battle rap to prosper. Smack will live well either way but the battlers should do their research and choose wisely. Hitman Holla broke away from Smack and became a much bigger star. While URL's top stars like Surf, Twork & Shine stay in and out of turmoil, getting locked up, having issues with fulfilling business obligations, seemingly not able to take full advantage of their connections.
Putting that on Smack is nuts. Hitman’s wife just got shot. Is that Nick Cannons fault then according to your logic?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

imo no, Eazy would win because he has the clear round
I don't think its any way there is any way its a debatable, win or tie for hitman
eazy clearly won
but the narratives that easy cooked him are the problem

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
This crowd was definitely bias against Hitman. But he's such a crybaby ass nikka that people don't care. Battle is a lot closer than advertised though.

EZ bars have been lighter as of late and I envision battle rap fans becoming more critical of him. His next battle will be interesting,

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Eazy's non-haymaker bars have always been iffy but the haymakers come through clean.

Aint the best at anything, but at least he takes his craft more serious than others. like a rap game Jimmy Butler

also i like that tubi bar. aint gotta dress it up or nothin, it's good as is

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Putting that on Smack is nuts. Hitman’s wife just got shot. Is that Nick Cannons fault then according to your logic?
My point is that they are still doing bum business, while Hitman has elevated considerably. The home invasion isn't a good parallel to draw.

Yes the positions they're in have to do tutelage. I think the disconnect is that you feel like I am attacking Smack. Because clearly we have both stated Smack doesn't care about a battlers desire to advance their brand outside of battle rap at all. And I understand Smack puts up with tons of things normal businesses would never ever allow. He has given out way more second chances than the rap business would ever allow. But it doesn't change anything for a battler who has to decide whether he wants to forego Youtube visibility just to be under the Smack brand. My child can go weeks without touching a TV as long as he has a device to get on Youtube. Stop telling me about Smack I am talking about the decision the battlers face.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol most of these battlers are scumbags, which is why the URL and RBE move the way they do.

I don’t even understand why people be taking sides.