Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of the “bars” Eazy got reaction for in the first:

“ain’t you his brother, you better chill before he gets you in some shyt”

“Scheming is in my element if the Captain Planet”

“My shooters come from Tubi, they don’t know how to act”

“Outta town, the coke and the popcorn expensive, like we going to the movies.”

“This bytch gone rush this bytch to the hospital, you better hope Obamacare”

“You got two options, give me Nick number or get buried”

“Or we can go the Timberland way, that’s 40 below the boot”

“You’ll have to learn how to read eating alphabet soup”

“Flavor of Love we pick the bytch who hoop”
__

What are we doing here fellas? I fukk with Eazy but come on man, this shyt is damn near translucent it’s so light.

Hitman won the first CLEARLY and again, that nikka is the fourth best nikka outta St Louis to me
Hitman built a whole career on getting huge crowd reaction from average ass bars. Not sure why there’s an issue with it now.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listening to Remy Ma talk about rap is quite interesting. I’ve heard her said a real rapper can battle and make songs, how she’s had nyggas scared to do songs with her, etc.

I always thought she was a very mediocre rapper. She’s not bad, but not necessarily a standout either. I’ve never heard a female play her music outside of a couple of singles (lean back, all the way up). What is the perception of her as a rapper on the east coast ?
Remy gets an ultra boost because she’s a female rapper who writes her own shyt and doesn’t get embarrassed on tracks with dudes. But all things considered, in a vacuum, she’s just an average rapper.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remy gets an ultra boost because she’s a female rapper who writes her own shyt and doesn’t get embarrassed on tracks with dudes. But all things considered, in a vacuum, she’s just an average rapper.

The NY market is powerful. She’s really a regional rapper, but that market gives the perception she’s bigger than what she really is.

Remy Ma can rap but just like Pap, their production is ass

Again just mediocre. Nothing standouts, doesn’t have a great rap voice, etc. Shes fortunate she has gotten this far

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The NY market is powerful. She’s really a regional rapper, but that market gives the perception she’s bigger than what she really is.

Again just mediocre. Nothing standouts, doesn’t have a great rap voice, etc. Shes fortunate she has gotten this far
There’s nothing special about her really outside of her being from NY and having connections to legendary rappers, and doing time. But none of that has to do with bars or song making lol.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Verb calling out Mook and Lux. :scust:

No one wants to see those battles again. It happened, it’s over, move on.
Verb gets real sensitive when Mook and Lux don't view him the way everyone else does. Verb has to understand that Mook, Lux and Rex look at him the same way 80s legends rappers look at 90s legends. No matter how much you built your legacy, the pioneers will never look at Verb as a peer.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In NYC there is a whole crew of parasitic older heads maintaining relevancy through media gigs and reality TV. Anything that starts to bubble they start gravitating towards it in hopes of getting some love. Jim Jones made a best podcast list just so he could claim he showed love to Kai Cenat. The kid who Maino choked is popular amongst the young people here. I wouldn't be shocked if the woman that grabbed Busta's butt has some level of online popularity. These dudes are great at being where the attention is at but haven't had big records in awhile. I remember when people said Math wanted to be like Maino, then fast forward to Maino having a YouTube show with a lightskinned chick & a husky dude.

Remy is kinda in or around that circle but has more going for her. But they all help make each other seem important.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Hitman built a whole career on getting huge crowd reaction from average ass bars. Not sure why there’s an issue with it now.
4AAOnlu.gif

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
And that’s the reason I’ve never been a Hitman fan. I’m not telling anyone on here don’t fukk with Eazy (or Hitman for that matter), I’m just pointing out shytty bars in the same way that I did when Geechi spit em, Roc spit em, Arsonal spit em etc

Kinda makes the point though about Eazy being such a fan favorite at this point and that people’s affinity for him is supercharging his elevation in the culture. I don’t post on here super frequently, but I occasionally post shytty bars from the other dudes I mentioned and no one capes for any of them as hard as people are caping for Eazy in this thread.

Never had a single person on here leap to defend Geechi when I highlighted some of the remedial bars he spit in the Lux battle or that second Nitty battle lol

I ain’t mad at Eazy for catching the wave though. Probably deserves it as much as anyone given his professionalism and consistency. Plus it’s good to have an east coast nikka snatch a part of the culture back from these WC nikkas, but I’m never going to juice average bars/performances. shyt could be from Lux and if it stinks ima say it stinks.