Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Of course i understand why a battler would prefer free promotion. I’m having trouble understanding why y’all don’t get why Smack would stop doing this. Jon Jones fans have to pay to watch Jon Jones. nikkas don’t even have to pay to watch most Smack events. They just have to pay for the rewatch. WEAPONIZE your fan base.
nikka what the hell are you arguing? No one said they dont understand why Smack would go this route. They said Smack going this route doesnt help him, battlers trying to get seen, or his relationships with battlers. Everyone has been arguing with you from the battlers perspective because you obviously just want to side with URL in this. You started this whole back and forth with this statement.

I’m not sure what URL is supposed to do? 1. They don’t get any YouTube money anymore because of the language and content of the battles. 2. Maybe the battlers should promote the app more?
1. You havent provided anything to back up this claim
2. It makes no sense for the battlers to promote the app, which is what ppl in this thread have been arguing with you about.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be a great battle as well. Lux is of course gonna be Lux, and Nitty will come with the best Lux/Johnny/Pop Lux/Grey Hoodie flips I've ever heard in my life :wow:

Nitty gotta do something different other then 57 gun bars each round, all of that is cool.....but the Lux they all swear they want to stand in front, you really don't. It would be so one sided, it wouldn't even be close.

General Bar Lux>>>>≥>>>>>>>>>>≥>>Everybody

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
nikka what the hell are you arguing? No one said they dont understand why Smack would go this route. They said Smack going this route doesnt help him, battlers trying to get seen, or his relationships with battlers. Everyone has been arguing with you from the battlers perspective because you obviously just want to side with URL in this. You started this whole back and forth with this statement.
First bold is what I’ve been arguing against the entire time. Second bold is useless, battlers been bytching since the inception of this sport. They’re all a bunch of crybabies.
1. You havent provided anything to back up this claim
2. It makes no sense for the battlers to promote the app, which is what ppl in this thread have been arguing with you about.
1. I’m just using deductive reasoning. Either Smack is losing money to spite his battlers on purpose by putting battles on the app, or this is a more beneficial arrangement for him and his business.

2. It makes perfect sense. If your aim is to gain exposure, there is still a place for people to see your content that you’ve already been paid to perform. Unless nikkas were getting a cut of URL YouTube streams, I don’t see how this is any different. Jaz is complaining that people don’t even know she battled. That’s just as much Jaz fault as it is no YouTube battles.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
A. Second bold is useless, battlers been bytching since the inception of this sport. They’re all a bunch of crybabies.

1. I’m just using deductive reasoning. Either Smack is losing money to spite his battlers on purpose by putting battles on the app, or this is a more beneficial arrangement for him and his business.

2. It makes perfect sense. If your aim is to gain exposure, there is still a place for people to see your content that you’ve already been paid to perform. Unless nikkas were getting a cut of URL YouTube streams, I don’t see how this is any different. Jaz is complaining that people don’t even know she battled. That’s just as much Jaz fault as it is no YouTube battles.
A. It's not useless since URL just lost one of their hottest battlers to competition because they leave all the battles on the app and that battler wants Youtube exposure.

1. You said he makes no money off youtube because of the cussing. Just admit you pulled that outta your ass. Of course locking battles behind the app is more beneficial to Smack. No one has argued against that. They can cap a battlers pay on top of eating all the money from ppl subbing to the app.

2.Yes nikkas was getting paid based on views. Either Arsonal or Hitman mentioned it in their battles before, when Smack was still releasing battles on youtube. I want to say it was Arsonal was talking that type of shyt. I'm sure one of the more hardcore nikkas can back that up. I remember them dropping a bar about it.
That's also beside the point, as stated earlier, youtube views are how a bunch of rappers leverage their brand to negotiate.

I'm done with this argument. If you can't understand why a battler would prefer putting their battle on youtube with a billion users instead of an app with probably 250k ppl on it max, who are already battlerrap fans, this will go nowhere. We just goin in circles. Carry on.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
First bold is what I’ve been arguing against the entire time. Second bold is useless, battlers been bytching since the inception of this sport. They’re all a bunch of crybabies.

if you just wanna see Jaz battle you not paying for the app
the app makes it more of a cult following thing
if you a casual fan you only watching youtube

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Angryfan 007 presents: Anger Management

Dizaster vs Anderson Burrus
Danny Myers vs D.I. Da Hennyman
Quantum Physics vs Prep
Reepah Rell vs Rio Nkosi
D Money vs Abysmal

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Nitty gotta do something different other then 57 gun bars each round, all of that is cool.....but the Lux they all swear they want to stand in front, you really don't. It would be so one sided, it wouldn't even be close.

General Bar Lux>>>>≥>>>>>>>>>>≥>>Everybody

It really wouldn't but whatever keep ass munching. Rum is ass cheese so fukk him.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Angryfan 007 presents: Anger Management

Dizaster vs Anderson Burrus
Danny Myers vs D.I. Da Hennyman
Quantum Physics vs Prep
Reepah Rell vs Rio Nkosi
D Money vs Abysmal
Danny and Hennyman went crazy.

I have declared my dislike for Dizaster for years, but I can't hate. The shyt he spit against Burrus was CRAZY.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Danny and Hennyman went crazy.

I have declared my dislike for Dizaster for years, but I can't hate. The shyt he spit against Burrus was CRAZY.
Yo, I ain't laughed that hard in a minute.

YOU LOOK LIKE FRAK'S FATHER!

They both was cookin. That was fun as shyt.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listening to Remy Ma talk about rap is quite interesting. I’ve heard her said a real rapper can battle and make songs, how she’s had nyggas scared to do songs with her, etc.

I always thought she was a very mediocre rapper. She’s not bad, but not necessarily a standout either. I’ve never heard a female play her music outside of a couple of singles (lean back, all the way up). What is the perception of her as a rapper on the east coast ?