Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
don't know how many battlers mfs think are more popular in general than hitman but i'd wager very few. Maybe just Lux/Mook and it feels like Mook might be debatable with the crossover appeal hitman has

Really dislike how URL acts like its all love with Remy but be lowkey tryna fukk over people that have big battles over there
They’re not trying to fukk her over. They’re literally competition. Eazy built his name on the URL platform (Hitman kinda did as well but that’s way beyond that) Why WOULDN’T they have an issue with this from a business perspective?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would anyone want to burn bridges with the URL? There really are no more consistent platforms out there like that.

KOTD - Dead
RBE - ARP probably makes more money as a blogger at this point.
Chrome 23 - still proving themselves
Bullpen - Inactive
Gates of the Garden - consistent mid to lower tier league

What else? Battle Academy? Houston Barcode? Riot?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re not trying to fukk her over. They’re literally competition. Eazy built his name on the URL platform (Hitman kinda did as well but that’s way beyond that) Why WOULDN’T they have an issue with this from a business perspective?

Eazy the block captain is just a stupid ass nygga. Of course URL is going to block his battle.

I knew he was stupid when he signed to Lil Flip. It's like why??? How is that going because I have yet to see anything from it. That's what he needs to be concerned about.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Always interesting seeing Black people make excuses for authoritarianism when Black people they like do it to other Black people, but complain when white people do it to us.
Is the word you’re looking for capitalism? Have any of you guys ever run a business before, or at least been around people who have??

Daps
Eazy the block captain is just a stupid ass nygga. Of course URL is going to block his battle.

I knew he was stupid when he signed to Lil Flip. It's like why??? How is that going because I have yet to see anything from it. That's what he needs to be concerned about.
If you haven't said anything about Eazy signing to Lil Flip, I wouldn't had remembered that 😂🤔.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Probably got a phone in jail lol
Dude be going live from jail all the time
that shyt always trips me out especially given how high profile he is :mjlol: he casually still giving his input and watchin battles

then i gotta remember that was prolly the only window of freedom he felt during his day :francis: can't be mad at it

edit: i was literally just about to say maybe he could figure out a way to get permission to view battles/commentate via phone/tablet/laptop as a way to generate income and maybe teach other inmates some broadcasting shyt, maybe them nikkas have a podcast or something or a radio show :ohhh:

did my googles and it's already underway :whew:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do rappers think that contracts are just a piece of paper you sign to get paid and literally that’s all it is? 😂

That literature holds you to your word and puts your balls in a vice for all intents and purposes…it’s not a lottery ticket. Ain’t no homie/kid mentality “Yo what’s up with you nigs?! Just let me go! I’m street!” bullshyt gonna suffice champ, fulfill your obligations or you ain’t going nowhere except to court lol

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
the funniest shyt about the Slade and Roc shyt is that both them nikkas aren’t fighters at all. :mjlol:

Together they couldnt do 50 pushups. All this tough talk this battle is hilarious to me.

Roc and his almost fighting ass :mjlol:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Watching this Beasley and K Shine back and forth it's pretty clear URL paid KShine for the Daylyt battle, and Daylyt backed out.

So that's the battle still left on his contract. Since that battle is never gonna happen, URL is saying either pay the bread back or you're under contract until that battle is fulfilled.

K-Shine feels like since Daylyt isn't ever gonna do the battle and since he definitely doesn't want to give that bread back, he's trapped.

It was stupid for K-Shine to sign a contract for Daylyt on URL because I wouldn't trust Daylyt to fulfill it. I know he's thinking "Well he battled Roc, he'll probably do it" but it's Daylyt. He's a clown. Another league I may have risked it but URL is notoriously serious about their contracts

Now he's stuck under URL contract he can't get out of unless he pays them back and I don't see that happening.
now that i think about it, he got two battles he agreed to that didn't go through: Daylyt and Jakkboy. At least the Jakkboy one could be completed...
not saying they're wrong to, but when this comes out as presumably the main event for a card they hosting, and now word is it's trying to be blocked, it's still fukkin her over. intentions for your investment be damned

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
The year is up and there are no more events. Champion of the Year is around the corner. The more you look at it, there is a clear cut winner here.

You can’t give it to JC based on his recent performances

Swamp is interesting, but not enough

SHOTGUN SUGE is the choice. Nobody expected this. Man kept stepping it up every battle. If you were charting his performances like a growth stock, you see the curve that shows profit. Can’t deny him.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
The year is up and there are no more events. Champion of the Year is around the corner. The more you look at it, there is a clear cut winner here.

You can’t give it to JC based on his recent performances

Swamp is interesting, but not enough

SHOTGUN SUGE is the choice. Nobody expected this. Man kept stepping it up every battle. If you were charting his performances like a growth stock, you see the curve that shows profit. Can’t deny him.

Its Champion of The YEAR. Not Champin of the LAST PART OF THE YEAR. This is not perpendicular to a power ranking. Suge didnt to have better YEAR than JC. Neither did Swamp.. Not only that JC had the tougher battles. Swamp got mid versions of battlers all year. And Suge hasn't done enough over the YEAR. Stop letting recency bias cloud your judgement.