Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
that shyt always trips me out especially given how high profile he is :mjlol: he casually still giving his input and watchin battles

then i gotta remember that was prolly the only window of freedom he felt during his day :francis: can't be mad at it

edit: i was literally just about to say maybe he could figure out a way to get permission to view battles/commentate via phone/tablet/laptop as a way to generate income and maybe teach other inmates some broadcasting shyt, maybe them nikkas have a podcast or something or a radio show :ohhh:

did my googles and it's already underway :whew:

people in jail be on POF lives tryna holla at chicks :mjlol:
i know nyggas in jail that post on social media regularly
shyt wild

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the word you’re looking for capitalism? Have any of you guys ever run a business before, or at least been around people who have??
I have.

I got no love for business owners who willfully fukk over employees to their benefit.

Or who excuse not giving their current employees raises (while silently giving themselves raises) then wanna play victim when they can't hire people.

People don't realize how difficult it can be to run a business and how much sacrifice owners go through to do anything positive for the business.

On the other hand, Shine Easy and all others signed paperwork to work for the URL, and whatever that say they gotta follow no matter who the owners are.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
the funniest shyt about the Slade and Roc shyt is that both them nikkas aren’t fighters at all. :mjlol:

Together they couldnt do 50 pushups. All this tough talk this battle is hilarious to me.

Roc and his almost fighting ass :mjlol:
Snake Eyez missed his window to get a redemption win, woulda been a crazy timeline if he dose'd up Roc

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The year is up and there are no more events. Champion of the Year is around the corner. The more you look at it, there is a clear cut winner here.

You can’t give it to JC based on his recent performances

Swamp is interesting, but not enough

SHOTGUN SUGE is the choice. Nobody expected this. Man kept stepping it up every battle. If you were charting his performances like a growth stock, you see the curve that shows profit. Can’t deny him.
It's Danny. Swamp/Suge/Roc is all recency bias.

1 or 2 Battle Of The Year contenders
Huge Moments
Great battles and performances the WHOLE year
Gave Roc one of his worst losses, puts him over Roc automatically IMO
Several Bar Of The Year contenders "Hammertime", "Yes son, now walk into it", "Don't let the Smack stage be the only one you walk across", probably a couple I'm forgetting
Surf turned himself in to avoid the asswhopping Roc got:troll:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris released a blog breaking down the contract. It's just makes the "oh URL is doing bad business" crowd look silly. He basically presented a scenario where let's say a battler signs a 5 battle deal to the URL for 100K. That's 20k a battle. Basically at some point, K-Shine received ALL of the money, with a couple of battles still pending. Why? Who knows a lot of these battlers really need money and URL will feel sorry and work with them. However, because Shine has already received all the money, there's no incentive for him to battle. Therefore, he wants to get out of his contract. In his mind, he believes he's battling for free, when in reality, he owes URL battles. :russ:

It's just some silly shyt and why I could NEVER be a league owner. This nygga has had a relationship with this company over a decade and still tried to get over on them.

I also suspect K Shine may very well be a crackhead. He was looking unusually skinny in his recent battles. He's doing crackhead moves. He probably begged the URL for an advance of that money, which is why Beasley looking like he wanted to put hands on him in those blogs. Something about Shine is OFF and he needs help.

As far as the URL, stop helping these battlers out. It always creates a problem.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris released a blog breaking down the contract. It's just makes the "oh URL is doing bad business" crowd look silly. He basically presented a scenario where let's say a battler signs a 5 battle deal to the URL for 100K. That's 20k a battle. Basically at some point, K-Shine received ALL of the money, with a couple of battles still pending. Why? Who knows a lot of these battlers really need money and URL will feel sorry and work with them. However, because Shine has already received all the money, there's no incentive for him to battle. Therefore, he wants to get out of his contract. In his mind, he believes he's battling for free, when in reality, he owes URL battles. :russ:

It's just some silly shyt and why I could NEVER be a league owner. This nygga has had a relationship with this company over a decade and still tried to get over on them.

I also suspect K Shine may very well be a crackhead. He was looking unusually skinny in his recent battles. He's doing crackhead moves. He probably begged the URL for an advance of that money, which is why Beasley looking like he wanted to put hands on him in those blogs. Something about Shine is OFF and he needs help.

As far as the URL, stop helping these battlers out. It always creates a problem.