Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You're entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine bro. It's not hate, it's how it's how I feel. He's okay. I actually think Mike P is underrated, so that wasn't a diss. I think they're in the same ballpark skill wise but Mike is better (they rap nothing alike btw, I was just thinking of people in his tier). It's just Ward is liked and Mike P isn't so it's cool to say he's garbage when Mike can actually rap.

I'm not saying he's trash, he's just not my cup of tea as a battler.
Mike P has consistently got washed
I don't even know why he booked at this point

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If A ward was black he’d be getting mad props. Folks don’t like Award because he is white and doesn’t battle on URL. Hell his reverse bars/schemes are some of the most creative bars I’ve heard in the last few years.

If you don’t like his style, cool, but don’t downplay the man. He shows up to every battle with 3 rounds and I haven’t seen him get outright washed by anyone recently (I admit I haven’t seen every award battle tho)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
If A ward was black he’d be getting mad props. Folks don’t like Award because he is white and doesn’t battle on URL. Hell his reverse bars/schemes are some of the most creative bars I’ve heard in the last few years.

If you don’t like his style, cool, but don’t downplay the man. He shows up to every battle with 3 rounds and I haven’t seen him get outright washed by anyone recently (I admit I haven’t seen every award battle tho)

Stop the c00n shyt, nikka was literally just panning Mike P (a URL frequent). Yall cant draw this card everytime somebody doesnt like a white battler the shyt is corny. Illmac is HIGHLY regarded in BR, so that "hes white and hasn't been on URL" shyt isnt true. Joe and Anderson Bursesoerooffofif have also been on URL and nikkas hated them too. Take off the c00n shades for a second and look past the novelty.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Yall : Yall just hate A Ward because hes white and hasn't been on URL

Aslo tall : fukk these white battlers fukk em fukk em all where's my Kufi?

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
You're entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine bro. It's not hate, it's how it's how I feel. He's okay. I actually think Mike P is underrated, so that wasn't a diss. I think they're in the same ballpark skill wise but Mike is better (they rap nothing alike btw, I was just thinking of people in his tier). It's just Ward is liked and Mike P isn't so it's cool to say he's garbage when Mike can actually rap.

I'm not saying he's trash, he's just not my cup of tea as a battler.

:mjlol:

Another poor comp. Mike P has been spoon fed by the Smack plantation organization and was the Golden Boy with all types of privilege. Had the whole machine behind him and still failed.

Mike P has gotten washed up mad times. His form has been trash since Ryda hit him up with kryptonite darts that poisoned that man.

When has A Ward gotten done dirty in a battle in recent memory? He definitely outclasses Mike P and has had to grind to gain his status. All these cacs outchea ain’t equal. He gets respect

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
:mjlol:

Another poor comp. Mike P has been spoon fed by the Smack plantation organization and was the Golden Boy with all types of privilege. Had the whole machine behind him and still failed.

Mike P has gotten washed up mad times. His form has been trash since Ryda hit him up with kryptonite darts that poisoned that man.

When has A Ward gotten done dirty in a battle in recent memory? He definitely outclasses Mike P and has had to grind to gain his status. All these cacs outchea ain’t equal. He gets respect

Nitty slaughtered him..

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A Ward gets a lot of unnecessary hate. Is it because he refuses to be locked down in a URL contract?

He’s one of the most consistent battlers out there and has a great resume also. Easily the nicest white rapper in the BRC besides Solomon . He’s not over the top with the Christian stuff at all and could probably beat your favorite battler. Definitely a worthy opponent.
He’s not that good honestly. Like he’s good, but not good enough for the hyping people give him.

A Ward isn’t more liked because he’s white? :comeon: He’s just not that good. You’re basically saying you like him because he’s consistent and doesn’t get washed, which is cool, but that’s literally why he’s being compared to TODD lol. There’s nothing spectacular or even particularly good about A Ward outside of the rebuttals.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
He’s not that good honestly. Like he’s good, but not good enough for the hyping people give him.

A Ward isn’t more liked because he’s white? :comeon: He’s just not that good. You’re basically saying you like him because he’s consistent and doesn’t get washed, which is cool, but that’s literally why he’s being compared to TODD lol. There’s nothing spectacular or even particularly good about A Ward outside of the rebuttals.

His rebuttals arent that good either.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
If people only "hate" A Ward because hes white then yall only like him because hes white... Different sides of the same fukking coin...

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Stop the c00n shyt, nikka was literally just panning Mike P (a URL frequent). Yall cant draw this card everytime somebody doesnt like a white battler the shyt is corny. Illmac is HIGHLY regarded in BR, so that "hes white and hasn't been on URL" shyt isnt true. Joe and Anderson Bursesoerooffofif have also been on URL and nikkas hated them too. Take off the c00n shades for a second and look past the novelty.
So because a nikka watch a white rapper he’s a c00n? Gtfo with that shyt.

I said the reasons I like Ward (consistency and bars). So no I don’t only like him because he is white.

Burress isn’t near the writer that Ward is so why would I make that comparison?

And you’re straight bullshytting if you think Illmac get mad props. nikkas rarely bring that dude up

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
So because a nikka watch a white rapper he’s a c00n? Gtfo with that shyt.

Didnt say that nor did I insinuate that. I said if you draw race card because we dont like him then youre c00n, when we were all JUST expressing our disdain for other white battlers that are on URL, how do you just ignore that?

And Illmac DEFINTELY gets his respect, he isnt brought up these days because he hasn't been active. Hell he was JUST mentioned in BETs top 50 battlers; him and Thesaurus...

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Didnt say that nor did I insinuate that. I said if you draw race card because we dont like him then youre c00n, when we were all JUST expressing our disdain for other white battlers that are on URL, how do you just ignore that?

And Illmac DEFINTELY gets his respect, he isnt brought up these days because he hasn't been active. Hell he was JUST mentioned in BETs top 50 battlers; him and Thesaurus...
nikka, Rone was on that list too…

I’m not sayin Mac don’t get his props, I’m saying no one brings up his name unless we’re talking about non white rappers not in the URL.

Once again if you don’t like Wards style cool, but don’t shyt on him because you only think folks like him because he is white.

Ain’t no one defending that man’s whiteness, I’m defending his consistency/bars.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
nikka, Rone was on that list too…

I’m not sayin Mac don’t get his props, I’m saying no one brings up his name unless we’re talking about non white rappers not in the URL.

Once again if you don’t like Wards style cool, but don’t shyt on him because you only think folks like him because he is white.

Ain’t no one defending that man’s whiteness, I’m defending his consistency/bars.

And dont overhype him because you think folks dislike him because hes white....

And you mentioning Rone being on that list further validates my point.. Kind of...

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And dont overhype him because you think folks dislike him because hes white....

And you mentioning Rone being on that list further validates my point.. Kind of...
Wtf is overhype. I said the man is consistent and he has some bars I like.

Ain’t no one comparing Ward to JC, Lux, Mook, Solomon, etc.

Ward brings 2 things I like, consistency and creativity. That’s it. For you to call someone a c00n for liking someone you don’t like is immature as fukk.

And Rone being on the list doesn’t prove anything outside of it’s a flawed list and it shouldn’t be the basis for anyones argument.

Last edited:

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Wtf is overhype. I said the man is consistent and he has some bars I like.

Ain’t no one comparing Ward to JC, Lux, Mook, Solomon, etc.

Ward brings 2 things I like, consistency and creativity. That’s it. For you to call someone a c00n for liking someone you don’t like is immature as fukk.

And Rone being on the list doesn’t prove anything outside of it’s a flawed list and it shouldn’t be the basis for anyones argument.

I didnt call you a c00n. I said what did is "c00n shyt" because it IS. YOU said we didnt like because hes white and hasn't been on URL, AFTER we panned a URL frequent (Mike P), and praised a white battler (Iron)

Are you being serious right now?