Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Would the same thing that happened to Loso happen? Prolly. It kinda happened to Chilla who had his buzz up and went right into battling Twork and Rum so it can happen to anyone who wouldn't be super marketable to URL's core audience. nature of the beast; it's why um1 had so many unorthodox nikkas (Chaos/Sikh/Jey/Ace), but the only UM1 that really skyrocketed through was Eazy. He fits that mold and talks the shyt the crowd wants to hear. Castro would be up there if he was consistently on the level he was against Clips/Rum but that's for another day

I think he's better than, and clears Sikh and it's not close tbh. All cadences and rapping with predictability, very little performance, and not a lot of substance either? The mf who woulda lost to Stumbles if he had it together? Don't disrespect Ward like that lol

Mike P is closer i'll give you that :ehh:

And i think both of those are upper-mid tier battlers, not mid mid like Ryda/Drugz and the like

you got it :sas2:
I just can't get into his style bro. It's so cookie cutter for me. He's like the guy on an NBA team that's efficient at everything and not spectacular at anything except maybe rebuttals and even those can be corny to me at times. I just don't get the hype for him like most do. To me he's like a white JJDD that can rebuttal.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
I just can't get into his style bro. It's so cookie cutter for me. He's like the guy on an NBA team that's efficient at everything and not spectacular at anything except maybe rebuttals and even those can be corny to me at times. I just don't get the hype for him like most do. To me he's like a white JJDD that can rebuttal.

JJDD? That’s a horrible comparison :russ:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
you coulda just said you just don't like em breh
JJDD way more boring than A.Ward but to each their own

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
A Ward gets a disproportionate amount of love in comparison to his skill level. If he was a black battler doing the exact same thing, would people care this much? His best attribute is he's consistent.
You already know lol

Every few months, this thread turns into white boy day. First it was Mike P, now A Ward that got some of these nikkas capes flapping :pachaha:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He's good enough to be on Smack. I don't believe he would stand out on Smack outside of being white and new. It would wear off quickly and he'd be another battler in short order. Just like Loso.

He's not Anderson Burress but is he better than Mike P to me? Not really. He can freestyle/rebuttal far better (does Mike P even rebuttal?) but if I just looked at best performances, flows, delivery, and actually what's written down? nah....

Is he better than Sikh? Not to me.

And these are mid-tier URL battlers.
you hating when u said he not better than Mike P :mjlol:
I feel he would be in that real Sikh type range
but i don't think anyone put him on that god tier or hypes him
of course white people gonna gravitate to someone who looks like them in the culture

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
you hating when u said he not better than Mike P :mjlol:
I feel he would be in that real Sikh type range
but i don't think anyone put him on that god tier or hypes him
of course white people gonna gravitate to someone who looks like them in the culture
You're entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine bro. It's not hate, it's how it's how I feel. He's okay. I actually think Mike P is underrated, so that wasn't a diss. I think they're in the same ballpark skill wise but Mike is better (they rap nothing alike btw, I was just thinking of people in his tier). It's just Ward is liked and Mike P isn't so it's cool to say he's garbage when Mike can actually rap.

I'm not saying he's trash, he's just not my cup of tea as a battler.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JJDD? That’s a horrible comparison :russ:
Not really. They're the most "check every box battler, without being special at anything" battlers, except A Ward is good at freestyle rebuttals.

They both take low hanging fruit angles and execute them in a proficient manner, but rarely leave a lasting impression
They both have average-ish punches, schemes, wordplay
Ward delivers his bars better tho

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You're entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine bro. It's not hate, it's how it's how I feel. He's okay. I actually think Mike P is underrated, so that wasn't a diss. I think they're in the same ballpark skill wise but Mike is better (they rap nothing alike btw, I was just thinking of people in his tier). It's just Ward is liked and Mike P isn't so it's cool to say he's garbage when Mike can actually rap.

I'm not saying he's trash, he's just not my cup of tea as a battler.
Mike Privilege is GARBAGE

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Not really. They're the most "check every box battler, without being special at anything" battlers, except A Ward is good at freestyle rebuttals.

They both take low hanging fruit angles and execute them in a proficient manner, but rarely leave a lasting impression
They both have average-ish punches, schemes, wordplay
Ward delivers his bars better tho

His set ups and rhyme schemes are hellllllllllla amateurish too....