Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
Even though I dislike them Christian battlers, A-Ward got the most potential out of them. I thought Suge was going to cook Charron then he got beat.. If A-Ward battles Verb in NY (😂) or anyone else, I think they would show him love.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why?

It’s not like NY didn’t fukk with Iron Solomon HEAVY.
Mook wasn’t extremely favorited goin into their battle. Iron taking that L was a big deal.

A Ward is nice, let’s not sit here and lie on the man
Solomon is a New Yorker, essentially an OG, and also significantly better than A Ward.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
A Ward gets a lot of unnecessary hate. Is it because he refuses to be locked down in a URL contract?

He’s one of the most consistent battlers out there and has a great resume also. Easily the nicest white rapper in the BRC besides Solomon . He’s not over the top with the Christian stuff at all and could probably beat your favorite battler. Definitely a worthy opponent.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
A Ward gets a lot of unnecessary hate. Is it because he refuses to be locked down in a URL contract?

He’s one of the most consistent battlers out there and has a great resume also. Easily the nicest white rapper in the BRC besides Solomon . He’s not over the top with the Christian stuff at all and could probably beat your favorite battler. Definitely a worthy opponent.

Hes a try hard and his kit is generic. Period.....

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
A Ward gets a disproportionate amount of love in comparison to his skill level. If he was a black battler doing the exact same thing, would people care this much? His best attribute is he's consistent.

Hes literally a white Saga. Literally. And you see what happened/what happening to him... His (Sagas) novelty wore off a while ago...

What differentiates him from all these other angling scheming, shytty set up into punching ass nikkas thats out here aside from him being a pale gun toting Christian?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
A Ward gets a disproportionate amount of love in comparison to his skill level. If he was a black battler doing the exact same thing, would people care this much? His best attribute is he's consistent.
he beat geechi twice
and has quality wins
just stood in front off a crazy Nitty and held his own
he just suffers from if it aint on smack it don't count

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
he's good enough at everything and is also consistent. i can't think of a black battler thats not on smack that checks that box.
the only person i can think of is ill will but he's super hot/cold. ward very rarely mails it in/misses hard.

He'd do okay in NY but if he was against a NY rapper at a homecoming i see him maybe getting as much reaction as Viixen did in her 1st against Jaz
Hes literally a white Saga. Literally. And you see what happened/what happening to him... His (Sagas) novelty wore off a while ago...

What differentiates him from all these other angling scheming, shytty set up into punching ass nikkas thats out here aside from him being a pale gun toting Christian?
lol nah. Saga novelty wore off because that mf started choking and kept choking. Had the whole world in his hands after that debatable with B.Dot right before the NOME with Mike P dismantled his stock. Mighta did the same thing against Kid Chaos too.

the difference is he does everything at an acceptable level to the masses. Rebuttals better than damn near anyone, infinitely less corny than Loso (I still maintain that Loso writes his raps using the word nikka and then on battle day he just replaces em all like an explicit movie shown on BET), infinitely more consistent than Saga, isn't incredibly predictable and has his own style which, while generic, isn't twork's style

y'all act like he's absolute buns and should be on a crucible somewhere. or he shouldn't be able to show his face after the rum nitty battle :gucci:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
he's good enough at everything and is also consistent. i can't think of a black battler thats not on smack that checks that box.
the only person i can think of is ill will but he's super hot/cold. ward very rarely mails it in/misses hard.

He'd do okay in NY but if he was against a NY rapper at a homecoming i see him maybe getting as much reaction as Viixen did in her 1st against Jaz

lol nah. Saga novelty wore off because that mf started choking and kept choking. Had the whole world in his hands after that debatable with B.Dot right before the NOME with Mike P dismantled his stock. Mighta did the same thing against Kid Chaos too.

the difference is he does everything at an acceptable level to the masses. Rebuttals better than damn near anyone, infinitely less corny than Loso (I still maintain that Loso writes his raps using the word nikka and then on battle day he just replaces em all like an explicit movie shown on BET), infinitely more consistent than Saga, isn't incredibly predictable and has his own style which, while generic, isn't twork's style

y'all act like he's absolute buns and should be on a crucible somewhere. or he shouldn't be able to show his face after the rum nitty battle :gucci:

Extremely well said, breh. He stood in front of Nitty on super alien mode and had a respectable L. Many folks in the battle rap community are under subliminal mind control and they don’t even know it. They’ve been conditioned to accept the mantra ‘IF IT AIN’T URL, IT AIN’T VALID.’ Ward has already taken out a bunch of those dudes anyway. You can’t pigeonhole him. Versatile and highly skilled and brings his A game. Doesn’t cheat the fans either

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
he beat geechi twice
and has quality wins
just stood in front off a crazy Nitty and held his own
he just suffers from if it aint on smack it don't count
Never said he didn't have quality wins, I'm just saying I'm not personally impressed with his skill set. I think he's cool, but I don't believe he's exceptional. If he was black, nobody would care about him.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

He's good enough to be on Smack. I don't believe he would stand out on Smack outside of being white and new. It would wear off quickly and he'd be another battler in short order. Just like Loso.

He's not Anderson Burress but is he better than Mike P to me? Not really. He can freestyle/rebuttal far better (does Mike P even rebuttal?) but if I just looked at best performances, flows, delivery, and actually what's written down? nah....

Is he better than Sikh? Not to me.

And these are mid-tier URL battlers.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Never said he didn't have quality wins, I'm just saying I'm not personally impressed with his skill set. I think he's cool, but I don't believe he's exceptional. If he was black, nobody would care about him.

Alot of nikkas got quality wins.

Wavy beat Shine AND Twork lol.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

A Ward is mediocre...

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
He's good enough to be on Smack. I don't believe he would stand out on Smack outside of being white and new. It would wear off quickly and he'd be another battler in short order. Just like Loso.

He's not Anderson Burress but is he better than Mike P to me? Not really. He can freestyle/rebuttal far better (does Mike P even rebuttal?) but if I just looked at best performances, flows, delivery, and actually what's written down? nah....

Is he better than Sikh? Not to me.

And these are mid-tier URL battlers.
Would the same thing that happened to Loso happen? Prolly. It kinda happened to Chilla who had his buzz up and went right into battling Twork and Rum so it can happen to anyone who wouldn't be super marketable to URL's core audience. nature of the beast; it's why um1 had so many unorthodox nikkas (Chaos/Sikh/Jey/Ace), but the only UM1 that really skyrocketed through was Eazy. He fits that mold and talks the shyt the crowd wants to hear. Castro would be up there if he was consistently on the level he was against Clips/Rum but that's for another day

I think he's better than, and clears Sikh and it's not close tbh. All cadences and rapping with predictability, very little performance, and not a lot of substance either? The mf who woulda lost to Stumbles if he had it together? Don't disrespect Ward like that lol

Mike P is closer i'll give you that :ehh:

And i think both of those are upper-mid tier battlers, not mid mid like Ryda/Drugz and the like
A Ward is mediocre...
you got it :sas2: