Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Math is in a great position but to go to another level he needs to beef or create some type of drama with a big name

Look at all the big podcasts that's the formula

The irony is outside of battle rap math doesn't act like a bully he acts more like a fan to these celebs so hey

I think he's already in a good position tho
Yayo tried to give him a chance. :heh:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
:mjlol:

For real dude was talking a lil crazy but i can tell math didn't want none of them problems. And that was the right move,of course
Yayo…you can always tell is with the smoke but at the same time…he is a very smart and loyal dude. And he low key got some of the best beats on his debut in G-Unit.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math is in a great position but to go to another level he needs to beef or create some type of drama with a big name

Look at all the big podcasts that's the formula

The irony is outside of battle rap math doesn't act like a bully he acts more like a fan to these celebs so hey

I think he's already in a good position tho

Math doesn't need to do anything. He doesn't have to look at "the big podcasts" MEO is a big show. Look at the people who have done his show already. Then ask yourself, what does the next level from that look like? All has to do is keep it up. He will have a library of hip-hop history for people to go back to.

He has a more dynamic personality than everyone else in his position, so there isn't anyone for him to compete with. Even going far as back as the NYB days dude was a social butterfly on the low. He will be a successful talking head as long as he isn't talking about himself.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math doesn't need to do anything. He doesn't have to look at "the big podcasts" MEO is a big show. Look at the people who have done his show already. Then ask yourself, what does the next level from that look like? All has to do is keep it up. He will have a library of hip-hop history for people to go back to.

He has a more dynamic personality than everyone else in his position, so there isn't anyone for him to compete with. Even going far as back as the NYB days dude was a social butterfly on the low. He will be a successful talking head as long as he isn't talking about himself.

I agree with your post. Though I do wanna joke and say that the next level would be on some Joe Rogan shyt and having a lot of :mjpls: guests :mjlol:

So yeah like you said, Math is fine where he is at now. He just gotta be consistent. if He keeps this up for a bout 5 years he'll be straight

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yep all he needs is consistency, and he'll continue to attract different types of guests.

The thing about Math is he did it the right way. He started off with his target audience being battle rap fans, and grew it organically from there. You give quality interview with battle rappers, it's going to attract the emcees that enjoy battle rap (method man, Royce, etc), and then doing interviews with those guys will attract others in the industry and before you know it, you're able to attract a mainstream artist like 21.

And here's the thing that I've said before, the show doesn't even NEED guests.

They show really should mix it up, because Math vs Esso debates is some of their best shyt.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Jones more or less saying a lot of the shyt I was saying a while back about them pushing gang culture for no good reason, and some of the flagrant biases they pill.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Surprised 40 Barrs is in this considering she has a history of forgetting her material, but she probably saw the comp and was like "this is a cakewalk"
A one day tournament? IDK. They choke often with prep time. On paper, this is free money for 40, Cotoure or E-Hart