Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.

Another little Black girl that’ll grow up without a father because he chose the streets over her when he made it to financial freedom. Sad.

• Getting locked up was a warning.
• Getting shot and surviving was a warning.
• Having close friends like Joe Budden remind him of his blessings privately and publicly was a warning.

Let Surf’s story be a cautionary tale.

Its been confirmed that he’s locked up for shyt he was currently doing or is this past shyt catching up?

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
It's pretty crazy how Math seems like a legit celebrity now, or at least approaching that status. As long as he continues working on his craft as a podcaster and making the right moves, dude is going to make a lot of money. I'm kind of surprise that different platforms that need personalities aren't reaching out for his services, or maybe they are and he chooses to decline. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Whites tend to give those roles to what they view as the "safe" black guys.

There's only a few guys that I view as celebrities from battle rap and they are Hitman & Con. I feel Math is approaching that status.

That CLEAN barbershop setting puts these other podcasters to shame.

Math headed to the top, while Surf going to jail. There’s a way to do things, and a way NOT to do things.

Flash back to when Math ran up on Surf at the URL event and all Surf could say was “this a A.P.” and flash his watch.

Classic case of Guns vs Butter

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

uncle murda cheating with a vote for Math :lolbron:
anybody know what event this wasç

nikka i sprinted to this thread the second i heard him say "keep it brooklyn" in a booked batte :dead:

You won.......but you prolly didnt win :mjlol: nikka!

Who wants to revisit the conversations on judged battles :sas2: im sure @ReasonableMatic can find the neccesary files if needed

Minnesota Luke might retroactively get hands put on him by Serius :heh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It's pretty crazy how Math seems like a legit celebrity now, or at least approaching that status. As long as he continues working on his craft as a podcaster and making the right moves, dude is going to make a lot of money. I'm kind of surprise that different platforms that need personalities aren't reaching out for his services, or maybe they are and he chooses to decline. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Whites tend to give those roles to what they view as the "safe" black guys.

There's only a few guys that I view as celebrities from battle rap and they are Hitman & Con. I feel Math is approaching that status.

That CLEAN barbershop setting puts these other podcasters to shame.
only thing Math doesn't have is a female fanbase and that doesn't really matter given the type of people he's around

outside of that i'd say he's pass hitman, Con is a fukking meme used worldwide there's nothing positive that Math could do to get to that mythical level

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only thing Math doesn't have is a female fanbase and that doesn't really matter given the type of people he's around

outside of that i'd say he's pass hitman, Con is a fukking meme used worldwide there's nothing positive that Math could do to get to that mythical level

nah

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
what doors can hitman walk through? Dude is just an actor/paid talent that's gonna get pigeonholed into a battle rap angle 9 times outta 10

Math got famous nikkas sayiing they're fans of his as a sidebar, then continuing the convo with real music industry game

edit; nvm i see yall talking about celebrity as in recognizable(?) yea hitman may have math beat by sheer numbers

ReasonableMatic

Daps
nikka i sprinted to this thread the second i heard him say "keep it brooklyn" in a booked batte :dead:

You won.......but you prolly didnt win :mjlol: nikka!

Who wants to revisit the conversations on judged battles :sas2: im sure @ReasonableMatic can find the neccesary files if needed

Minnesota Luke might retroactively get hands put on him by Serius :heh:
I stay with files, who want smoke good brotha? :sas1:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what doors can hitman walk through? Dude is just an actor/paid talent that's gonna get pigeonholed into a battle rap angle 9 times outta 10

Math got famous nikkas sayiing they're fans of his as a sidebar, then continuing the convo with real music industry game

edit; nvm i see yall talking about celebrity as in recognizable(?) yea hitman may have math beat by sheer numbers

How are you confused about this? :mjlol:

Hitman has fans of all ages. Teenagers know who this nygga is.

Math is just a respected podcaster. He is not a celebrity. However, if he continues on his trajectory he can reach higher tier celebrity status.

I have no idea how this is even a debate unless you're in a bubble and just watch MEO all day. I also think a lot of people don't realize how many people actually watch wild N Out

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Math headed to the top, while Surf going to jail. There’s a way to do things, and a way NOT to do things.

Flash back to when Math ran up on Surf at the URL event and all Surf could say was “this a A.P.” and flash his watch.

:snoop:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I stay with files, who want smoke good brotha? :sas1:
any and everyone who was dying on the "battle rap needs judges" hill :salute: we gotta look at all the close judge battles and toss the results to the bushes :camby: Math aint even do the shyt on purpose and Murda just fixed the battle for him, that's hilarious but wild

If i'm in that bunch i'll accept the L :mjcry:

How are you confused about this? :mjlol:

Hitman has fans of all ages. Teenagers know who this nygga is.

Math is just a respected podcaster. He is not a celebrity. However, if he continues on his trajectory he can reach higher tier celebrity status.

I have no idea how this is even a debate unless you're in a bubble and just watch MEO all day. I also think a lot of people don't realize how many people actually watch wild N Out
yea i know, it just doesn't amount to much, celebrity in itself doesn't amount to much :yeshrug: i said i realized hitman beats math by the numbers, i just think yall overrate the power that comes with being a popular worker.

Math a podcaster but the people around him are in the industry forreal, he can do whatever he wants without coming out of pocket moreso than hitman

one of those timelines is better than the other

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There’s a big difference in a person who is street than a person who just wants to be street. Both can be gangsters but one of those always make the better decisions in life eventually before it’s too late and learn from their mistakes.

Krs2

Pro
Daps
Math is in a great position but to go to another level he needs to beef or create some type of drama with a big name

Look at all the big podcasts that's the formula

The irony is outside of battle rap math doesn't act like a bully he acts more like a fan to these celebs so hey

I think he's already in a good position tho