The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ok. First of the DC universe does do poorly this will affect Marvel honestly speaking. Marvel and WB don't have beef because if Marvel is literally the only one pushing movies it will get stale. They keep the same formula and Avengers 2 was the start of a small minority that will grow if they kept the tone like that. Age of Ultron did less than the first one for a reason and Marvel needs DC to keep audiences fresh and to see their movies as well. Marvel formula in general doesn't change even though a tone of a movie may be a political thriller, science fiction, or heist. You watch any marvel movie you instantly know it's a marvel movie because they always stick to a specific style. I can't wait for Civil War and the rest but that doesn't mean I can't look forward to Justice League either. I'll be extremely pissed if I die before seeing Thanos and Darkseid on the big screen at one point. This stan war bullshyt with fans of Marvel or DC is retarted and why are people in general acting like they didn't collabo for a battle between Marvel heroes vs DC in the comics?? Superhero movies won't last forever and I want to see as much as I can from different perspectives. That's the beauty of comic books in the first place as their are thousands of reinterpretations and origins of characters. Movies can be the same thing. I'll be checking BVS as a fan of comics period and this back n forth trolling is dumb :russ:we're all fans at the end of the day. You don't like Marvel cool you don't like DC cool keep it moving and watch what you like fukk is all this arguing about :heh:. Aint nobody got time for that and I gotta gear up because @Winter Soldier best friend for life acting real douchebaggy lately :dead:

Breh the MCU is vast. After the infinity war there will be a new avengers. Marvel is on another cinematic level at this point. All the other studios is simply trying to ball. Marvel created its own league :lawd:

They still got so many characters in the chamber on deck :russ:

And they laying low. They only drop two movies a year. The only thing stale about comic book movies is other studios trying to copy marvels blueprint.

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Am I crazy or are cats in here legit trying to claim that Marvel fans criticizing of the movie will lead to the downfall of the genre?

Ya'll really need to get a grip. If the movie is trash THE MOVIE IS TRASH. Marvel fans or fanboys disliking it has nothing to do with it. Ya'll are legit playing into the hands of the movie studios with this shyt. Put out a subpar movie that people have legitimate qualms with and then blame the fans for having legitimate qualms? Are ya'll high???

If you took a step back and considered how well Marvel has done their universe up to this point, you wouldn't be grasping at straws trying to defend DC's bonehead moves over the past decade.

Like I said many months ago, I'm only here for Batman. Anything else is just a plus and from the looks of it...I'm only here for Batman :russ:

Marvel did there universe well if you're a kid or a Dude Bro.

DC are trying to create a universe that can hold movies from multiple genres not just action comedy. And don't even mention WS, it was still a very safe movie despite them making it more of a political thriller.

From reviews it seems BvS is 100% a thriller and instead of reviewing it for what it is these mentally deficient losers are rating it on what they want/expected it to be.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah, I think Suicide Squad will end up doing pretty good with critics. Director has a decent track record and it has a good cast behind it. It also looks to be more small scale and will probably do a better job focusing on the characters.
dc/wb does great with villains. joker, bane... classic.

it's their heroes that are insufferable bores.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had no clue what brehs were talmbout when I just browsed through the last couple of pages and I went to Rotten Tomatoes and :huhldup:

Still gonna see it though:mjpls:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Anyway what really matters is week 2 :yeshrug:, if it crashes like Man of Steel (that second week drop :scust:) then the film is in real trouble and could effect the others that are lined up.

Seems like the unanimous positive is Ben Affleck's Batman, so at the very worst we'll probably get a Batman film directed by him if it's a disaster financially :manny:

Snyder still gotta go either way.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Breh the MCU is vast. After the infinity war there will be a new avengers. Marvel is on another cinematic level at this point. All the other studios is simply trying to ball. Marvel created its own league :lawd:

They still got so many characters in the chamber on deck :russ:

And they laying low. They only drop two movies a year. The only thing stale about comic book movies is other studios trying to copy marvels blueprint.

Their changing it to three movies a year actually and I'm not shytting on anyone I don't care about this"argument " I'm just hoping they don't neuter Thanos and bodies drop in Civil War even though they'll be brought back with the time gem anyway. The villians aspect is what I'm more worried about as they've been pretty weak overall.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
havent been in here in awhile, figured i'd check it out, and the same shyt going on lol...

as for the reviews: i havent seen the movie yet, so i dont know if what people are saying is warranted or not...i'll be able to say after i see it tomorrow...a couple things i do want to touch on though:

1. expectations are working against this it seems...since people know these characters, expectations were high....and it seems people are judging the movie off what they wanted/thought it should be instead of the movie itself...

2. a lot of people are faking the funk when it comes to knowing about this comic book shyt...ex: people saying sam jackson is playing a white character when in fact he's playing a character based off himself, smh...as it pertains to this movie: i keep seeing people say WB/DC is rushing their movie universe, putting too much in this movie trying to catch marvel, when that's not true....both dc and marvel are following the comics to set up their MUs...in DC: while other heroes/villains/super beings existed, superman was the first to known worldwide....the others were just known locally, considered myths/legends, including batman....after superman was known, the rest started coming out worldwide....so to have a bunch show up all of a sudden actually makes sense and follows the comics.....to further illustrate this, DC literally says this in the first 10-20 secs in the comic-con SS trailer...

gen: it's rumors some of them have abilities
waller: oh yea, i've seen things...maybe superman was some kind of beacon for them to creep back from the shadows

as for marvel: in their comic universe, super beings werent just around and waiting for a chance to show themselves like in DC...they didnt exist....something had to take place for them to be created(accident/event/space travel/etc)....and that creation took place at different times, eras, etc.....that's why in their MU, marvel has gone with the origin story route to introduce characters...they have to create the characters in the world first so to speak...

...as for this movie: i'll be seeing it tomorrow at 6...after that i'll drop my thoughts on it...

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Marvel did there universe well if you're a kid or a Dude Bro.

I'm neither of those things. You sound retarded breh. They did their universe well because they took 8 years to build it. Technically 10 if you count from "Ironman" to "Infinity War".

All that other shyt about whether or not you like the movies, or them being "safe" because they use the same template has nothing to do with anything. More time to plan = a more fleshed out universe. It's not really hard to understand.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's what's crazy. Marvel Studios and Warner Brothers aren't beefing, DC Comics and Marvel Comics aren't beefing, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, and the Russo brothers aren't beefing with Henry Cavil, Ben Affleck, and Snyder but these fanboys are going to the extreme with this shyt. I'm going to see every comic book movie releasing this year(except Strange) and next year(except Guardians) regardless of reviews and stan wars.

Robert Downey Jr On "The Dark Knight": "fukk DC Comics"

:sas1:

Fred.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
But those movies tied into the avenger, AOU and the entire MCU. Imagine how :mjpls: it would been if thor, cap and the hulk where shoehorned into the avengers for the first time. Even with civil war black panther was set up (wakanda) in AOU. Spider-Man unlike aquaman will play a pivotal role in civil war.

DC doesn't care about the fans. They're making movies they think are good and seem to just be winging it. They're trying to make up for the plot hole in MOS, when they know it could've been better and adding batman for no good reason at this point. Their beef seems petty and unrealistic.

In that case, giving Nolan the helm for Batman ended up backfiring. If he didn't go with the "no superpowers" mantra, they could've made an extended universe from that. Instead they had to drop Man of Steel in a year after Avengers.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Time for DC to wrap it up and stick to animation and video games. How can you fukk up a movie with Batman and Superman? :dahell:

I get where you're coming from, but I don't know if I'd say its 100% a wrap yet. Some of the Vertigo material they could adapt is absolute fire.

Preacher has potential. Scalped - I'm personally really excited for, and 100 Bullets might be my favourite comic book of all time. If they insist on going 'darker' they could go all the way in on those properties and make themselves a lane for more 'mature' adaptations. But they hesitate, because they have to pay the creators a good chunk of money.