Supporter
Daps

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not only are the evil Marvel stans behind the mediocre early reviews, but now they're going to collapse the entire sub-genre? :heh:
These silly nikkas :mjlol:

Marvel started the surge and bout time infinity wars pops off it'll be ten years of running shyt. How long do they expect comic book movies to last, everything comes in phases. I personally think video game movies will have next because it'll be nostalgia for our age group and the current generation of young folk.

These nikkas just mad DC got in the game so late. Bout time they get their universe poppin, infinity wars will be over and the general public will feel like that's the completion of the saga they've been waiting for for 10 years.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
After Dr Strange drops this year, it will be the equivalent of a death blow to the other studios.

Comic book movies and reboots will continue to make money but Marvel will reign supreme.

You can't ride Marvels coattails, jump in the game and try to duplicate what took 8 years and 11 movies to build.

Imagine if after iron man, avengers dropped 4 years later :russ:

It's not just about name recognition. If you gonna build a cinematic universe, do it the right way :mjpls:

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After reading all these negative reviews I still give zero fukks and expect myself to enjoy this.....I was prolly in the minority that thought Deadpool was just barely "ok". So I'm still looking forward to Friday 2p

Daps
Reppin
NYC
the suits and the producers at WB probly don't even care about the reviews, just the $$$

but even still, i'm sure they are perplexed. probly like the sony people behind spiderman who were completely clueless why ppl didn't like the movie.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:damn: forgot about wolverine

:laff: yeah man marvel is coming wit that heat :mjpls:

And I still supported all of them

To be fair - of the movies you mentioned

Green Lantern
Iron Man 3
The Hulk
Avengers 2 AoU
Spider-Man 3
Fantastic Four (all of them)
X-men 3
Daredevil
Electra
Catwoman

2 out of that list have been made by Marvel under Disney - all the others are Universal, Warner, Sony and Fox. Same goes for Wolverine.

They've rehabbed Daredevil and The Hulk since then (potentially Spider-Man too).

In the grand scheme that's two stinkers (which both succeeded commercially) out of 12 movies. That's not a bad average at all :manny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The damage control in this thread :mjlol:

If the critics had overwhelmingly praised it and it was currently in the high 90's of RT the same ones saying "critics don't mean nothing", "they don't get it" or "they're Marvel" or reason X, Y and Z would be the same ones swooning over the rating and dancing :mjlol:

Gonna be even funnier when Suicide Squad gets top and glowing reviews in August :russ:

Mcweeney tried to tell you this movie was a dud :yeshrug:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Warner Bros were in a rush because they need franchises. The hobbit movies and Dark Knight trilogy are over now and they need something to be a consistent near billion dollar franchise.

There is a reason why the are making a damn new trilogy of Harry Potter movies based off not even a Harry Potter novel but textbook.

Disney doesn't have these problems since they have Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar and their own animation.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I don't care about reviews tbh these are the same people who shytted onMoS while I enjoyed it but I don't expect it to be on the same level as winter soldier

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
After Dr Strange drops this year, it will be the equivalent of a death blow to the other studios.

Comic book movies and reboots will continue to make money but Marvel will reign supreme.

You can't ride Marvels coattails, jump in the game and try to duplicate what took 8 years and 11 movies to build.

Imagine if after iron man, avengers dropped 4 years later :russ:

It's not just about name recognition. If you gonna build a cinematic universe, do it the right way :mjpls:
It did though, it's just that Marvel put out movies in between that.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The damage control in this thread :mjlol:

If the critics had overwhelmingly praised it and it was currently in the high 90's of RT the same ones saying "critics don't mean nothing", "they don't get it" or "they're Marvel" or reason X, Y and Z would be the same ones swooning over the rating and dancing :mjlol:

Gonna be even funnier when Suicide Squad gets top and glowing reviews in August :russ:

Mcweeney tried to tell you this movie was a dud :yeshrug:
Damn we might need to up the posts bashing that nikka McWeeny lol

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I'm legit...
2799083-4870990801-88867.gif

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther will be the best film of the MCU, but you gonna have all kinds of fukked up reviews, like any good black film like "Harlem Nights" and "Boomerang." They too got bad reviews from RT, but no one is denying their classic status.

If Bats vs Supes is underwhelming, at least you got Suicide Squad and Ben Affleck Batman and quality solo films coming from DC :ehh:

Quality solo films from which characters? You must mean Batman because if they need Wonder Woman and Aquaman to save them they are in trouble. There's no reason to expect quality after they seemingly dropped the ball with their biggest names. As it stands the only character they can get right is Batman.

I've been saying it for years, marvel fans are going to indirectly tank the comic book film run that Hollywood is on with picking fights with DC.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no beef between marvel studios and DC. They want their movies to do well because it's good for business.

The marvel fans and bloggers created this illusionary beef which will cause us to all lose and in the end Hollywood will pop the comic book bubble.

And it's pretty blatant that it's coming.

:what:This makes no sense whatsoever. Internet stans wars are going to tank a lucrative business? How did Marvel stans "create" beef? Why are Marvel stans the bullies?

Marvel Studios aren't rooting for DC. If DC never made another movie they wouldn't give a damn as long they're doing their #'s. There's no beef because Marvel is eating. DC is the one moving release dates and scrambling to build a universe to catch up.

You know what will pop the bubble? Releasing bad comic movies. Marvel has all their cash cows lined up along with new franchises. They are good for years to come. What's DC doing? Don't blame Marvel if they can't get their shyt together.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:what:This makes no sense whatsoever. Internet stans wars are going to tank a lucrative business? How did Marvel stans "create" beef? Why are Marvel stans the bullies?

Marvel Studios aren't rooting for DC. If DC never made another movie they wouldn't give a damn as long they're doing their #'s. There's no beef because Marvel is eating. DC is the one moving release dates and scrambling to build a universe to catch up.

You know what will pop the bubble? Releasing bad comic movies. Marvel has all their cash cows lined up along with new franchises. They are good for years to come. What's DC doing? Don't blame Marvel if they can't get their shyt together.
Welp........... I want DC movies to do well as their comic characters but I don't get this either :patrice:

Last edited: