The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Well seems like its a flop critically
My favorite reviewer Chris Stuckmann basically laid out what the problems are and what I was worried about with a certain trailer

Which is why I only look at one trailer max for any movie Im interested in, people may say I'm crazy but I hate spoilers or when trailers give away too much. I didn't see this trailer and don't know what he is talking about so that wont be an issue for me...

But lets keep it 100, this isn't a bad review, he basically said it was a good movie, just not a great second half, which is better than the 38% on RT that everyone holds in such regard :yeshrug: I will be there imax 3d

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm not surprised by reviews because critics honestly don't like Syder that much but everyone needs to stop taking RT like it's the gospel. The sh!t came out in 98 and people need to stop elevating these critics like they are the end all be all. I'm going into the movie for the Batman/Superman Fight period. I told you guys from the beginning that Jesse Hipster Lex looked weak and based on the reviews I was correct. It's obviously more of a Justice League prequel than a MOS Sequel. I think they should of just let Superman have his trilogy then do this Batman V Superman thing but because Marvel is so far ahead they felt like just going straight to Justice League.

Of course I'm there this opening weekend because I grew up on both characters and the comics. I'm hearing Ben at least delievered so I hope that's right. Again Zack isn't a critically accliamed director, his an Action director like Michael Bay but I was hoping story would be better because they got Chris from "Argo" but I'm hearing the story is all over the place. I'm not going to get into the Marvel V DC mess because I'm a fan of both but Marvel fans shouldn't rejoice as "Avengers 2" was average and there's no garentee "Civil War" will run smooth with them turning a Cap sequel to Avengers 2.5. Again I guess my point is you have to trust your own instincts and not let the reviews sway your personal opinion. Give it a fair viewing and find out for yourself.

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Transformers will probably be the same or better. So maybe if you like this you secretly like transformers.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
there is absolutely no way in the "hell" i'm going let a bunch of "professional" reporters deter me from seeing this movie the movie has to be flames if its getting this type of hate or is the fact that they just don't want to admit that this movie is going to be a game changer
why is hell in quotations here?

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
Well seems like its a flop critically
My favorite reviewer Chris Stuckmann basically laid out what the problems are and what I was worried about with a certain trailer

That's it brehs. After watching this review I can save my bread... Torrent status

His reviews are always unbiased.

This is why I'm worried. You got nerds and people with fair opinions saying the film is a mess. It's not just the elitist types that are crapping on this movie.

I'm amazed that Snyder managed to screw up such of a sure thing. You have to go out of your way to make a movie about Batman and Superman scrapping underwhelming. Especially with Snyder's special effects. SMH :smh:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Even dudes like Jahnes and Stuckmann were disappointed. So it isn't just the "square" RT reviewers that hated it.

People act like RT is based on a few in house critics. RT is a broad spectrum of reviews.

I've posted 2 YouTube videos of unbiased critics who were looking forward to this movie and they were let down.

Casual fans who see movies like this reactions tend to be biased because they subconsciously want to reinforce their expectations. It happened with Star Wars and will happen with this.

I'm a marvel Stan but will be the first to admit AOU could've been better. The only reason why I didn't totally trash it is because some elements of the movie fit and provided pieces to the bigger puzzle. I think they learned from it in the same way they learned from the first avenger, and like they learned from Thor and Hulk (those characters don't work well on stand alone movies so let's do Thor 3 with Hulk and make it the last movie before infinity wars).

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is why I'm worried. You got nerds and people with fair opinions saying the film is a mess. It's not just the elitist types that are crapping on this movie.

I'm amazed that Snyder managed to screw up such of a sure thing. You have to go out of your way to make a movie about Batman and Superman scrapping underwhelming. Especially with Snyder's special effects. SMH :smh:

I'm sure the movie is visually stunning. And most fans will look at it for that aspect BUT the story has to make sense.

And I don't put it all on Snyder. DC trying to do too much too soon. The whole premise doesn't feel organic enough for me. Everything feels fast tracked and forced. I figured Afleck would kill the batman role to make up for daredevil but the guy playing superman seems neutered. Then you got all of these other characters added for no reason. It just seems like one big cash grab by DC. They know people gonna go see it regardless. At least Marvel tries to have an overall consistent narrative.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I do.

:mjpls:

Where the fukk they get kryptonite?
Where did aquaman come from?
They find a bunch of it in the Indian Ocean, Lex has guys looking for it. They only show Aquaman for like 30 seconds and he's not involved with the plot. Their are a few scenes that are really short that introduce some of the other Justice League members.