The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I'm sick, brehs
man fukk Rotten Tomatoes :heh:

I never let that dumb ass site, or Imdb, Metacritic, Yahoo Movies, or whatever dictate whether or not I'm gonna enjoy a movie at the theater or not. I enjoy reading all the backlash and crying people do over these critics. :dame:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Cmnv2nG.gif

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading through these review quotes and the word I keep seeing is "fun" (i.e. simple, comedy, dance routines..)

You can see what's going on here. This is playing out EXACTLY like Man of Steel did where the audiences will like it, fans of comics will like it, but soft ass critics will hate because there weren't a bunch of jokes and shyt. :scusthov:

:usure:
But for me, I was bored. Often. Then infuriated that this massively budgeted movie guaranteed to be a blockbuster is so willfully a trainwreck.

REVIEW: Wonder Woman Can't Save Dull "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

BATMAN v SUPERMAN was OK...but I wanted to love it. I wanted it to blow me away and move me emotionally. It did not.

BOF's BATMAN v SUPERMAN Coverage - BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Review by Bill "Jett" Ramey (3.22.16)

The fun thing keeps coming up because we're nearing that warm weather blockbuster time, people want to take their kids to see it, and it's a comic book movie. This is supposed to launch DC's film universe so god forbid people expect to enjoy themselves. A movie can be dark and fun. Nolan's Batman was and SS appears to be that. People are upset because they think it's dark and dull.

What goal post moving? My stance has always been "don't trust the critics, watch the movie for yourself". I may post a RT score here and there but I also look at other metrics.

Plan A: start celebrating DC's victory once the glowing reviews and 90% RT score come in. Reviews dropped and
IgMyx.gif

"Reviews don't matter.":duck:

Plan B: wait for the regular people to see it and weigh in. If the people give it mixed reviews then Plan C: wait for the box office #'s.

Jack Skellington

yes indeed family
Daps
Reppin
Halloween Town
THOR 2 :

66%
Average Rating: 6.2/10
Reviews Counted: 241
Fresh: 160
Rotten: 81

Ironman 3:

79%
Average Rating: 7/10
Reviews Counted: 284
Fresh: 224
Rotten: 60

Antman:

80%
Average Rating: 6.8/10
Reviews Counted: 261
Fresh: 209
Rotten: 52

.... there you go,

so according to the PROFESSIONAL CRITICS, these 3 movies are better than BvS ??? loooool

yeah im done discussing marvel vs DC from now on... if you cant see there's a clear agenda, then im out... the fact that ironman 3 got 79% despite how the FANS universally panned it, says a lot..

Ant-Man got 80? The fukk.

That shyt was wack.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Problem with that argument is that the movie tried to be more than explosion and entered itself around an ideological debate between 2 forces. Now I haven't seen it so I can't tell you whether it succeeded
Im not saying for this movie specifically, but in general.. I will way in on Saturday after I see it, I wont look at any of these critic reviews or fan reviews until after to see if there are valid complaints or praise

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Movie is CLEARLY certified by the nation of people as a 8/9/10 out of 10 movie

whether the ''critic review'' reflects this or not, the people KNOW this shyt is #1 right now and not only is the movie gonna break BO records, its gonna top 2 billi EASILY !!

the DCEU is officially up and running.. Once Suicide Squad crushes the building, DC gonna close the year out on top... WW gonna be the sleeper kill to solidify this universe as a power house...

THEN.. let the Batfleck solo movie drop... :wow:

i dont think you nikkas FULLY grasp what we got in stores here... shyts gonna be beautiful... my most anticipated movie is ''Aquaman'' just off the dark vibe DC has goin on, you know the underwater visuals gonna be beyond LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT... AQ summoning a great leviathan to body an opponent :banderas:

The competition is scared :pachaha:

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt ain't adding up. Critics hate it yet so far the fans who have watched it loved it.

it adds up. Critics are people who see nearly every movie and are payed to write about it. Fans are interested in a narrow set of movies and are more predisposed to like those same movies.

What that RT score says to me is that if you don't read comics, haven't watched DC animated series in the last 20 years or haven't played the Arkham series, chances are, you won't like BvS. BvS might please fans but it has less mass-appeal than your average recycled Marvel movie.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a wrap for Snyder if this doesn't crack a billion which i doubt now with all of the negative reviews. I never understood the hate for dude. He isn't great but he has a solid track record minus sucker punch.

So much fir chris terrio as well. Damn, never expected this.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
For me, I just want my "all's right in the world" moment by this getting love across the board.

I can't deny, I'm a lil hoe caught up in my feelings right now :mjcry:

Please be okay, BvS. I can't have you be whack, Wrestlemania season be whack, and my Pionner receiver going out highlight my first three months of 2016 :mjcry:

Young Justice coming back... right? :mjcry:
I think Wrestlemania is gonna be way shyttier than this movie will ever be :russ::beli: