The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
How am I deflecting when you are the one who brought up Age Of Ultron saying critics gave it good reviews even though (in your words) everybody thought it was trash. Sounds more like you're trying to deflect the reviews calling BvS trash by any means necessary.

I don't give a fukk who pays for a movie or who likes it, I just want a good movie. But if we're starting like this, what does it tell you that people actually liked Age Of Ultron despite you pretending they didn't. How do you feel about Marvel continuing to not give a fukk about including some interesting villains and staying on the exact path that is making people continue to pay to see their movies and enjoy them?

That's a serious question because I don't think you even understand the audacious double standard you're using here.:jbhmm:

You are right, there are no critics familiar with comic books at all. Nice overblown generalization you used there. Pretty sure critics also don't understand street racing culture, dinosaur genetics and time travel but that didn't stop them from giving glowing reviews to movies about those topics.

Word tho. I didn't think ComicBookResources would give this film anything but praise. As that's about as nerdy as nerdy gets but...

REVIEW: Wonder Woman Can't Save Dull "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Let's be real if the scores were reverse we would be championing and stanning and trolling (myself included) the fukk out of Marvel stans :laugh:

While I am 100% percent sure I will love the movie bc I loved Man of Steel the critics feel differently and that's ok. I will take this "L'' as a D.C. fan and keep it moving and enjoy the movie with other D.C. fans :manny:

@wire28 you got another one on us:sadbron:
but we will be back in July or august when SS drops :ufdup:

But their isn't a single "Marvel Stan" who thinks SS doesn't look dope. Hell I've repeatedly said It will be better than SvB. shyt I'm more read to see that than Civil War.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How do you feel about Marvel continuing to not give a fukk about including some interesting villains and staying on the exact path that is making people continue to pay to see their movies and enjoy them?.

That's the thing. Marvel didn't stay on the same path at all. The Winter Soldier was by far my favorite Marvel movie and it's nothing like either Avengers flick. The comedy is toned way down and it's a lot more of a serious story with real consequences... and low and behold who has Marvel given the keys to for Civil War and the Infinity movies.. They gave the keys to the Russos. So now Civil War is upon us and the trailers do not have an ounce of bullshyt cringe humor. But they do show what looks to be a compelling story.

Lets see if these same critics have a problem with Marvel going serious... :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
But their isn't a single "Marvel Stan" who thinks SS doesn't look dope. Hell I've repeatedly said It will be better than SvB. shyt I'm more read to see that than Civil War.
Never said ya'll did brehski. This movie was a chance to stan and troll and the critic threw that chance to the bushes :laugh:

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
But how can you say that Supes can't be in a dark film when the source material for this film is dark?

Maybe you don't like the source material?
They tried superman in a dark film and it wasn't a good translation, that dude is not meant for killing and death.

If you mean The Dark knight returns did you actually examine Supes character in that comic? He was literally a boyscout doing what he was told, he hated it but still went through with it despite all of his power. A practical god doing mongrel work for no real reason, batman is the darkest part of that series and will be for this movie no doubt since Batman actually suffers loss and human limitations. Brooding or any menacing from supes will be forced, that is batman's lane. I enjoyed the source material but if they wanted to go dark then they should have got FRank Miller.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hey, put it this way. The critics didn't have the balls to give Age of Ultron a negative review despite everyone knowing it's trash. Most of the "critics" don't want to piss off Disney, you have to watch a movie for yourself and judge it from there. :myman:

movie was a fukking snooze fest. I dont trust critics opinions at all.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I guess the critics didn't understand the content then? Or the people who paid to see it?

Only God Forgives

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. What the fukk do I care? I loved the movie and if you asked me about it I'd do everything in my power to convince you of why it deserves that love. I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore. The only opinion that ever matters is your own, and by your dedicated attempts to discredit the opinions of critics, you only acknowledge how much you care about their opinion.

That's the thing. Marvel didn't stay on the same path at all. The Winter Soldier was by far my favorite Marvel movie and it's nothing like either Avengers flick. The comedy is toned way down and it's a lot more of a serious story with real consequences... and low and behold who has Marvel given the keys to for Civil War and the Infinity movies.. They gave the keys to the Russos. So now Civil War is upon us and the trailers do not have an ounce of bullshyt cringe humor. But they do show what looks to be a compelling story.

Lets see if these same critics have a problem with Marvel going serious... :sas2:

You do know they released a trailer where Tony calls Spider-Man "underoos", right?:patrice:

Also, I'm fairly certain that both GotG and Ant-Man, which came out after The Winter Soldier, are exactly like the other Marvel movies before TWS. A different path indeed. :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

marvel makes movies where the audience can actually connect with the heroes though... through their actions and motivations. there's no confusion as to why we should be cheering them on.

mos doesn't even make the audience care about superman, and if the negative reviews are to be trusted thus far... we are not given a reason to care about batman either this time around. apparently he is just a huge dikk.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
What happened was DC saw they cash cow printing money off being dark and moody and made Superman dark and moody too. Now Superman is dark and moody and Batman is well Batman. These characters should be polar opposites.

Superman: Batman the President Of The US wants to talk about our methods.
Batman: I don't talk to suits. fukk that *Flies off in Bat plane*

Which goes back to the point I made years ago on this very forum. IF superman doesn't give a fukk about fukking shyt up. fukk does he need Batman for.

The opposing views each of these characters have is what makes them great in a team setting. like In JL or JLU

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. What the fukk do I care?

You trying to say you don't care about whether people like a movie or not but yet you've spent three years trying to convince people here to dislike Man of Steel. :mjlol:

You do know they released a trailer where Tony calls Spider-Man "underoos", right?:patrice:Also, I'm fairly certain that both GotG and Ant-Man, which came out after The Winter Soldier, are exactly like the other Marvel movies before TWS. A different path indeed. :russ:

Yes, at the very end of the second trailer. It reminded me of when Superman said " :whoo: Is she with you???" You're not very good at this.

Also yes.. it's a different path. Their biggest films upcoming are civil war and infinity part 1 and 2.