The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
There is no Marvel Blueprint.

This is what Marvel did. They cast Downey Jr. as Iron Man and he was tremendous in the role. Then Downey carried the Iron Man success over to the Avengers film where "oh look, a Marvel super team! Fun!!!" happened...

Now all of the movies are seeing a post-Avengers bump at the box office. But none of this happens without Downey Jr. being as engaging as he was/is in the Tony Stark role.

Cap and Thor were successful but nowhere near what the Iron Man movies and especially Avengers did..

Now all of a sudden Thor: Dark World is going to do $600M+ worldwide which is more than $150M than the original. Cap will see a similar bump.

This was all Downey Jr. with a little of "awesome, all of these heroes in the same film!!" mixed in.

Origins movies had almost nothing to do with the success Marvel is having right now. Cap, first Thor and Hulk were all forgettable.
This is true, but the other major Marvel characters (Cap, Thor, and Hulk) still debuted with their own movies. Then the Avengers movie happened. Here we just got Man of Steel and then Man of Steel 2 with Batman in it, and now Wonder Woman. Even if Wonder Woman's cameo is small, there's still gonna be a Superman movie featuring Batman. They fukked up making a Supes movie too early if they weren't gonna gonna make it apart of the Nolan Batman universe. Should have waited a couple more years to plan it out.

It could've been like:

Man of Steel

Man of Steel 2 (without Batman, maybe just a small cameo if anything)

Batman reboot movie

Justice League movie - Darkseid could make a cameo at the end of Man of Steel 2, and be the villian for this movie.

Then Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (REBOOT - Reynolds:camby:), Flash, Aquaman, and whatever super hero movies afterwards.

Man of Steel 3 - Darkseid returns and Supes settles things. Maybe Doomsday makes it in the movie?

Batman 2

Justice League 2 movie

But money talks :yeshrug:. DC wanted to rush things and now this could be a clusterfukk waiting to happen.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
The new the Batman reboot movie doesn't have to be another origins movie either. Dudes keep bringing that up. It could just be a movie set it Bruce's early years as Batman on some Arkham Origins shyt. Don't know why movies don't use those games as blueprint. Those stories could be dope on the big screen. Change a few things around, include less villians and storylines, and it could work.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is true, but the other major Marvel characters (Cap, Thor, and Hulk) still debuted with their own movies. Then the Avengers movie happened. Here we just got Man of Steel and then Man of Steel 2 with Batman in it, and now Wonder Woman. Even if Wonder Woman's cameo is small, there's still gonna be a Superman movie featuring Batman. They fukked up making a Supes movie too early if they weren't gonna gonna make it apart of the Nolan Batman universe. Should have waited a couple more years to plan it out.

It could've been like:

Man of Steel

Man of Steel 2 (without Batman, maybe just a small cameo if anything)

Batman reboot movie

Justice League movie - Darkseid could make a cameo at the end of Man of Steel 2, and be the villian for this movie.

Then Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (REBOOT - Reynolds:camby:), Flash, Aquaman, and whatever super hero movies afterwards.

Man of Steel 3 - Darkseid returns and Supes settles things. Maybe Doomsday makes it in the movie?

Batman 2

Justice League 2 movie

But money talks :yeshrug:. DC wanted to rush things and now this could be a clusterfukk waiting to happen.
But DC doesn't need to introduce these characters in individual movies because everyone knows who Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are already. No one had a clue about Iron Man, Capt. America and Thor so Marvel had to intro them before just throwing them altogether in Avengers otherwise Avengers would have had to go onto detail about their backstories.
A Batman/Superman team-up after these characters have a combined 14 movies already made about them is cool with me and a cameo of Wonder Woman (and that is what all the rumors are speculating it will be) just makes it even cooler.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
But DC doesn't need to introduce these characters in individual movies because everyone knows who Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are already. No one had a clue about Iron Man, Capt. America and Thor so Marvel had to intro them before just throwing them altogether in Avengers otherwise Avengers would have had to go onto detail about their backstories.
A Batman/Superman team-up after these characters have a combined 14 movies already made about them is cool with me and a cameo of Wonder Woman (and that is what all the rumors are speculating it will be) just makes it even cooler.
Yeah there's no need to introduce them again, but it just feels like they're rushing everything. This movie already has Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, possibly Lex Luthor, and maybe even Flash? That just feels to be a bit much for a Man of Steel sequel IMO. We'll see though.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah there's no need to introduce them again, but it just feels like they're rushing everything. This movie already has Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, possibly Lex Luthor, and maybe even Flash? That just feels to be a bit much for a Man of Steel sequel IMO. We'll see though.
But we have hardly any details about how big or small any of the characters roles will be aside from Superman and Batman.
Wonder Woman and Flash could have roles like Black Widow in Iron Man 2 and Hawkeye in Thor or cameos like Nick Fury.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
But we have hardly any details about how big or small any of the characters roles will be aside from Superman and Batman.
Wonder Woman and Flash could have roles like Black Widow in Iron Man 2 and Hawkeye in Thor or cameos like Nick Fury.
Yeah, but those character's weren't as well known as Wonder Woman and Flash, so it was easier to throw them in those super heroes' movies. I get what you're saying tho.

I feel like Wonder Woman's role is gonna be small anyway since they just now casted the actress.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
1467371_677759702255843_949850215_n.jpg

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with a lot of stuff in this thread but 1 thing that I don't agree on is everyone saying that Wonder Woman doesn't need an origins movie.

Batman and Superman have had how many movies? Hell, this new DC cinematic universe started with a Superman origin.... we don't need a Batman one but sure EVERYONE knows who Wonder Woman is but if you went up to the average person on the street and asked these 2 questions about Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, here's how it'd go:

Do you know who Superman is? Yes
Where is he from? Krypton

Do you know who Batman is? Yes
Where is he from? Gotham

Do you know who Wonder Woman is? Yes
Where is she from? Umm.....
Do you know anything about her besides what she looks like? .... Umm... she's like a female Superman?

Thus, yes.. everyone knows who Wonder Woman is but if they aren't comic savvy, they don't know nothin else bout her.

She needs her own film.... I'm not gonna judge this film yet because Idk how big of a role she's gonna have but I know 1 thing's for sure, a cameo explaining why she's off the island ain't gon be good enough..... Batman is the only character we don't need an origins movie for.... maybe a FLASHBACK movie that takes place prior to Man of Steel but not an origins one

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I wonder who Diana is going to have the hots for in future films? Supes...or will they go the JLU route:

Batman is like "Yeaaah, I aint letting anywhere around my dikk after you just crushed that gargoyle statue. :birdman:"

Da gawd laying down the law cuz we dont love these hoes :to: thats my favorite character

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I wonder who Diana is going to have the hots for in future films? Supes...or will they go the JLU route:

Batman is like "Yeaaah, I aint letting anywhere around my dikk after you just crushed that gargoyle statue. :birdman:"

:damn: at batman laying that ether
then wonder woman like :mad: u gonna take this amazon pie batman after crushing that statue

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I agree with a lot of stuff in this thread but 1 thing that I don't agree on is everyone saying that Wonder Woman doesn't need an origins movie.

Batman and Superman have had how many movies? Hell, this new DC cinematic universe started with a Superman origin.... we don't need a Batman one but sure EVERYONE knows who Wonder Woman is but if you went up to the average person on the street and asked these 2 questions about Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, here's how it'd go:

Do you know who Superman is? Yes
Where is he from? Krypton

Do you know who Batman is? Yes
Where is he from? Gotham

Do you know who Wonder Woman is? Yes
Where is she from? Umm.....
Do you know anything about her besides what she looks like? .... Umm... she's like a female Superman?

Thus, yes.. everyone knows who Wonder Woman is but if they aren't comic savvy, they don't know nothin else bout her.

She needs her own film.... I'm not gonna judge this film yet because Idk how big of a role she's gonna have but I know 1 thing's for sure, a cameo explaining why she's off the island ain't gon be good enough..... Batman is the only character we don't need an origins movie for.... maybe a FLASHBACK movie that takes place prior to Man of Steel but not an origins one
She doesn't need an origin story before she makes an appearance though. The general public knows Wonder Woman on sight and as such she can just pop up in this movie without needing to go into detail about her origins. That can all be fleshed out in a solo movie afterward.
That was my whole point.