The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
HATE the idea of Batman being noticeably older than Superman.

Completely changes up the dynamic... for better or worse.

MY question is why are they doing it like this with the age thing? I may have missed this, but what comic story is this movie gonna be based on? Is there a particular graphic novel where they are adapting this story from?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MY question is why are they doing it like this with the age thing? I may have missed this, but what comic story is this movie gonna be based on? Is there a particular graphic novel where they are adapting this story from?
Dark Knight returns

Batman was :flabbynsick: in it

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Dark Knight returns

Ok so they are officially using The Dark Knight Returns for this movie:ehh:Great story and one of my favorites from DC; I figured they were using that one since they kept saying Batman is old and there are only a handful of Batman novels where Bruce is :oldnigsitdown:

My only issue is that they probably will leave the Joker section and other parts out of this movie...I guess TDKR is only meant to "inspire" this movie because the real adaption would be a Hard rated "R"

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Dark Knight returns

The Dark KNight Returns being an inspiration is why I think the whole "being Batman for 30 years" stuff is bullshyt. It is just someone taking the inspired by DKR too literally. Bruse Wayne will be in his 40s and he'll probably have been Batman for around 10-15 years.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Dark KNight Returns being an inspiration is why I think the whole "being Batman for 30 years" stuff is bullshyt. It is just someone taking the inspired by DKR too literally. Bruse Wayne will be in his 40s and he'll probably have been Batman for around 10-15 years.
theyll still need to explain why batman was on vacation when zod showed up :dwillhuh:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
So another film without Batman sonning nikkas a mob of with mid air h2h combat. Im really trying to like this movie.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
10582775_888829537797410_6946131612571495306_o.jpg

Gotta be the dumbest shyt ive ever seen.

Why is a bunch of stand alone dc movies listed as if dc was attempting to build a universe?

I guess by that charts logic marvels section should be littered with shyt like dolph lundgrens the punisher. How many stand alone trash marvel films has there been?20?

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Wait he's gonna be that old? At least in the Dark Knight Returns, Supes was getting up there himself. Supes was like 33 in MoS right? Bats has always been older than Superman, but THAT much older :dahell: And all of the Justice League was :flabbynsick: by then in that comic.

Still can't wait for this tho :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Joker was older (and fatter) than Batman in the original Burton movie too.

It obviously didn't ruin the movie but as a fan and enthusiast I cannot lie even to this day it is one of the few things that prevents it from feeling like a "true" adaptation of the classic tale. And of course I'll always LOVE that movie but growing up you just never saw the Joker being older or more portly than Batman. It completely fukked with the visual element and even as a kid you just knew something was "off".

I feel the same way with this Batman/Superman thing. Batman being older than Superman just feels... weird to me. It completely throws off the dynamic.

Probably won't bother 90% of the movie going audience I know, but what can I say.... #nerdproblems. :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ok so they are officially using The Dark Knight Returns for this movie:ehh:Great story and one of my favorites from DC; I figured they were using that one since they kept saying Batman is old and there are only a handful of Batman novels where Bruce is :oldnigsitdown:

My only issue is that they probably will leave the Joker section and other parts out of this movie...I guess TDKR is only meant to "inspire" this movie because the real adaption would be a Hard rated "R"

They're doing a loose adaptation breh. Taking some aspects but then doing their own thing obviously with the story. So the idea of Bruce being older and grizzled and probably manning up against Superman yeah but it's not a straight adaptation so don't get too hype

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The dark knight trilogy had 3 or 4 batman comics rolled into the movies. They'll probably use some stuff from the book but they'll probably get inspiration from other books as well.