The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Exclusive: 'Justice League' will begin shooting in April

Justice League begins shooting April 11

The legal maxim, “Justice delayed is justice denied” wasn’t meant to apply to superhero films, but the epic wait is finally over for DC fans.

Zack Snyder’s Justice LeaguePart 1 is officially a go at Warner Bros. and will begin filming on April 11, a little over two weeks after the release of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the director and studio tell EW.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,” says Snyder, who also directed 2013’s Man of Steel and has become one of the key figures in shaping DC’s connected film universe.

“It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming,” he said. “But I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

Dawn of Justice, which hits theaters March 25, focuses on a clash between Superman (played again by Henry Cavill) and a new Batman/Bruce Wayne, portrayed by Ben Affleck, who is seething with rage toward the Kryptonian over the destruction unleashed on Metropolis in Man of Steel. The film also features a major role for Wonder Woman (played by Gal Gadot), which is — astoundingly — the first time the character has appeared in a live-action feature film in her 75-year histo
But but but Mcfatass told me they were gonna delay it.:jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Breh even put out an article today claiming that it can still be delayed or canceled. This dude is so furious and I don't even know why. You would think DC put out the greatest cinematic picture of all time or some shyt. These dudes only have one movie out, you would think they're 10 movies in and put out classics the way these nikkas are so mad. The Anti DC agenda is very real unfortunately
He's such a dweeb I think I might start trollin him on Twitter :lolbron:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who is that? And why does he matter?

He's a journalist who reported some stuff he heard from some people at Warners regarding the movie. That they were unsure how it was going to go over and how it'd be received but not based on quality just based on it not being easy to digest and it might be divisive like Man of Steel. He then said he wouldn't be surprised if they push JL back and hire a new director just based on what he's heard. Another reporter summed it up like this: WB wanted water, Snyder gave them wine.

Anyway, fanboys got their panties in a bunch and has been shytting on his doorstep ever since. So now since WB announced that they're going in production in April, cats are throwing more shots at him on some :umad:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The legal maxim, “Justice delayed is justice denied” wasn’t meant to apply to superhero films, but the epic wait is finally over for DC fans.

Zack Snyder’s Justice LeaguePart 1 is officially a go at Warner Bros. and will begin filming on April 11, a little over two weeks after the release of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the director and studio tell EW.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,” says Snyder, who also directed 2013’s Man of Steel and has become one of the key figures in shaping DC’s connected film universe.

“It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming,” he said. “But I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

Dawn of Justice, which hits theaters March 25, focuses on a clash between Superman (played again by Henry Cavill) and a new Batman/Bruce Wayne, portrayed by Ben Affleck, who is seething with rage toward the Kryptonian over the destruction unleashed on Metropolis in Man of Steel. The film also features a major role for Wonder Woman (played by Gal Gadot), which is — astoundingly — the first time the character has appeared in a live-action feature film in her 75-year histo

But they said they may not even do it or Snyder won't be directing it... :sas2:

Chef

All Star
Daps

It's lit.
full

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
He's a journalist who reported some stuff he heard from some people at Warners regarding the movie. That they were unsure how it was going to go over and how it'd be received but not based on quality just based on it not being easy to digest and it might be divisive like Man of Steel. He then said he wouldn't be surprised if they push JL back and hire a new director just based on what he's heard. Another reporter summed it up like this: WB wanted water, Snyder gave them wine.

Anyway, fanboys got their panties in a bunch and has been shytting on his doorstep ever since. So now since WB announced that they're going in production in April, cats are throwing more shots at him on some :umad:
Given that you bout one of the few level headed posters on this section when it comes to these discussions what's ya take on this whole thing?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

I mean,, he really should have been more on some "this is pure speculation" tip. Instead of saying with his chest, and then going at ppl on twitter.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Given that you bout one of the few level headed posters on this section when it comes to these discussions what's ya take on this whole thing?

He's a journalist and he did his job lol. He never said "Well, this is what's going to happen or this is what I know based on seeing it" He said that he's heard from people who've seen the movie and work at Warners, people who's jobs are depending on the movie. And that's what they told him. If someone who works at the studio says they're nervous about it based on how its testing, then that's what he's hearing. He never once said it was a bad movie or that they even said it was a bad movie, they're just nervous. He went on to say they were nervous about Mad Max also because they didn't know how people would respond to it which is exactly why they're nervous about this. Fanboys took the shyt out of context, as always, and reacted like children. Even had some people asking him to reveal his sources which is a cardinal sin in journalism and insane. I'm not mad at anyone for being passionate about stuff or wanting to like something, I think the world would be a lot better place if that kind of positivity permeated more aspects. But, the man is being crucified for doing his job.

I mean,, he really should have been more on some "this is pure speculation" tip. Instead of saying with his chest, and then going at ppl on twitter.

I didn't see him going at anyone on Twitter so that's new to me but he said "I wouldn't be surprised" which means it is pure speculation. He didn't say he heard it from anyone that they'd hire a new director and push it back. He just said he wouldn't be surprised and that's going based on history. Past being prologue and all, that's normally how studios react. But clearly, WB did the right thing and got out in front of it right now. The tickets for this go on sale next Monday, they've announced the JL filming today which will be seen by some as vote of confidence. They doubled down but they've got enough wiggle room to get out of it if need be. No matter what locations Zach is scouting right now.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Making Snyder the meastro of the DCEU is such an unnecessary gamble, is he the only director that's open about his love for comics :mindblown:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He's a journalist and he did his job lol. He never said "Well, this is what's going to happen or this is what I know based on seeing it" He said that he's heard from people who've seen the movie and work at Warners, people who's jobs are depending on the movie. And that's what they told him. If someone who works at the studio says they're nervous about it based on how its testing, then that's what he's hearing. He never once said it was a bad movie or that they even said it was a bad movie, they're just nervous. He went on to say they were nervous about Mad Max also because they didn't know how people would respond to it which is exactly why they're nervous about this. Fanboys took the shyt out of context, as always, and reacted like children. Even had some people asking him to reveal his sources which is a cardinal sin in journalism and insane. I'm not mad at anyone for being passionate about stuff or wanting to like something, I think the world would be a lot better place if that kind of positivity permeated more aspects. But, the man is being crucified for doing his job.

I didn't see him going at anyone on Twitter so that's new to me but he said "I wouldn't be surprised" which means it is pure speculation. He didn't say he heard it from anyone that they'd hire a new director and push it back. He just said he wouldn't be surprised and that's going based on history. Past being prologue and all, that's normally how studios react. But clearly, WB did the right thing and got out in front of it right now. The tickets for this go on sale next Monday, they've announced the JL filming today which will be seen by some as vote of confidence. They doubled down but they've got enough wiggle room to get out of it if need be. No matter what locations Zach is scouting right now.
Just reporting the story would have been fine and I doubt anyone would have been bothered by it. Where he went left was when he started talking about he wouldn't be surprised if Snyder got fired and Justice League got postponed. Those were not things he heard those were things he came up with and then floated out there with the other story. So instead of a run of the mill story about WB being worried that a big budget tentpole film might not click with audiences we instead got the entire Internet running with "WB not happy with BvS, will likely fire Snyder and scrap the Justice League movie".