The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman_with_a_gun.jpg

I've just posted factual evidence that Batman uses guns in his crusade against crime.

Care to debate me?

he used guns in early iterations of the character. and batman then was completely different from the character that is batman now.

batman as we know him DOES NOT use pistols in any way shape or form (he also doesnt wear purple gloves, but u could use the same photo to argue he does... just because it happened doesnt mean its a consistent part of the character), save for one exception he made to pill a cap in darkseid's skull. it doesnt happen. it's a symbolic stand against the instruments used to take away his parents and destroy his world.

that's basic batman 101. cmon breh.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I feel Lex Luthor is like Dr Doom or Magneto. They don't need to be the main villain every time, but they do kinda need to be there because their presence is so important to the superheroes they oppose. Like Luthor could be the one to create an opposite Superman (Bizarro), or a monster that feeds of Superman's powers (Parasite), or a cyborg/robot that runs on and radiates Kryptonite (Metallo), all possible without Luthor even having to don his own battle armor yet.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
he used guns in early iterations of the character. and batman then was completely different from the character that is batman now.

batman as we know him DOES NOT use pistols in any way shape or form (he also doesnt wear purple gloves, but u could use the same photo to argue he does... just because it happened doesnt mean its a consistent part of the character), save for one exception he made to pill a cap in darkseid's skull. it doesnt happen. it's a symbolic stand against the instruments used to take away his parents and destroy his world.

that's basic batman 101. cmon breh.

:snoop:

You didn't even read the posts before it. Of course Batman doesn't use guns. The point I was trying to make was that even though you could find an example of something happening in a comic, doesn't mean it's a good characterization.

It was in response to Ed MOTHERfukkING G (I have no idea why he dapped your post because he must have known this) citing examples of Superman having little concern for human casualties. The comics aren't infallible. Just like the movies there are good characterizations and there are bad characterizations.

In most time honored depictions of Batman he is seen as NOT using guns. Similarly Superman is seen as putting innocent lives above all else... regardless of whatever examples you might be able to find in the THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of stories featuring the character in question.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
I just gotta say...

why not say fukk it and just make The Dark Knight Returns instead?

fukk the origins. fukk all the other BS. Just make The Dark Knight Returns.

They should have made a legit Man of Steel sequel instead, but what this is turning into could be a disaster. (HOwever, I'm hoping it turns out great)

Just say you've jumped 17 years in the future. The story focuses mostly on Batman. The 2nd half of the movie features Superman. The Dark Knight Returns is great material. The cartoon was legit as hell.

https://archive.org/details/LilMezoo.Batman.The.Dark.Knight.Returns.Part.1.2012.720p

Watching it now, thank god for show box
:blessed:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THANK YOU.

the only way i knock snyder and co's approach in MOS is if they fail to address it in the next flick. imo, it was CLEARLY meant to illustrate the following:

- superman's inexperience as a hero
- the consequences of using his powers without regard for surroundings
- the danger of cutting loose, even for noble reasons
- the (legitimate?) argument that for all the good he might do, the world might be better off without his methods of salvation... and that argument represents a non-powered opponent's best shot at destroying clark; by turning the world against him.. that's super-villainy 101

there's no possible way the producers watched the finished product and overlooked all the damage superman wreaked. it's a storyline waiting to be continued. but some of u fukkng "i want it now"-ass nikkas want all questions answered in 30 seconds or the plot sucks. chill.

Word, the back the next film is Superman vs Batman with Lex in the mixed meddling things only points at the whole reason IS indeed due to the prior events in MoS.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
LOL @ solomon gundy or doomsday being a fun villian

Lex Luthor is the fukking greatest villian ever thats why
unless they gonna put the mufukka in a robot suit, he'll nvr be anything but a smart an extremely smart dude from a movie standpoint, so yea im pretty much dun with luthor in movie form :manny:......i want to see supe fight in movies so give me doomsday, bizarro, or mongrel as his foe with lex concocting shyt in the background :yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Isn't the pervading rumor that Lex creates Mentallo and sends him to duke it out with Supes in this movie?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
unless they gonna put the mufukka in a robot suit, he'll nvr be anything but a smart an extremely smart dude from a movie standpoint, so yea im pretty much dun with luthor in movie form :manny:......i want to see supe fight in movies so give me doomsday, bizarro, or mongrel as his foe with lex concocting shyt in the background :yeshrug:
Wrong.

Lex Luthor is Supermans most dangerous enemy. He's a human that is far more cunning and or intelligent that any other of his enemies and has the resources to do a lot of damage to Superman without lifting a finger.

And he knows Supes ain't a killer so that makes him even more ruthless.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Wrong.

Lex Luthor is Supermans most dangerous enemy. He's a human that is far more cunning and or intelligent that any other of his enemies and has the resources to do a lot of damage to Superman without lifting a finger.

And he knows Supes ain't a killer so that makes him even more ruthless.
how is wat i said wrong? :heh:....they're not gonna have him go toe to toe with supes in a movie so wat i said still stands....i want to see supes FIGHT not get outsmarted or schemed....everybody agrees kevin spacey was great as lex luthor in superman returns but it was still boring trash :russ:....dont talk to me like im a comic book rook either nicca :birdman:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
how is wat i said wrong? :heh:....they're not gonna have him go toe to toe with supes in a movie so wat i said still stands....i want to see supes FIGHT not get outsmarted or schemed....everybody agrees kevin spacey was great as lex luthor in superman returns but it was still boring trash :russ:....dont talk to me like im a comic book rook either nicca :birdman:

Correction, Kevin Spacey was great but Luthor was written as a trash villain. His scheme was to make continents of Kryptonite so he could build houses and sell land. :dead:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
LOL @ your coloring book level of understanding lex luthor. You are part of the problem of the audience and thus production of ALL these films.

Well I don't wanna cause drama in your lovefest with Luthor...we'll just agree to disagree but they need to branch out instead of recycling the same bland fukking villains