The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Agreed. That would be great, but who would direct it? Would you keep Snyder?

Thats the tough part. Could Snyder pull it off? Maybe. I thought he did a solid job with Watchmen, but that was mainly due to the source material being so strong. So maybe he could pull it off again here.

But when I saw the teaser. The Dark Knight Returns was my first thought with Superman looking pissed and Batman's outfit.

I'm just hoping he's not trying to pick and choose some things and throw it altogether and HOPE it works....

First it was a Man of Steel sequel. Then it was Batman having a small part in it. Then he's become a major part. Now Wonder Woman is involved. Rumors of other heroes, etc etc. If he pulls it off...great.

What director would you want making The Dark Knight Returns (if it ever gets made....correctly)?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Thats the tough part. Could Snyder pull it off? Maybe. I thought he did a solid job with Watchmen, but that was mainly due to the source material being so strong. So maybe he could pull it off again here.

But when I saw the teaser. The Dark Knight Returns was my first thought with Superman looking pissed and Batman's outfit.

I'm just hoping he's not trying to pick and choose some things and throw it altogether and HOPE it works....

First it was a Man of Steel sequel. Then it was Batman having a small part in it. Then he's become a major part. Now Wonder Woman is involved. Rumors of other heroes, etc etc. If he pulls it off...great.

What director would you want making The Dark Knight Returns (if it ever gets made....correctly)?

To be honest, I think Spielberg could pull it off...he has that dark side to his work if the source material is indeed dark and we know he can make a great blockbuster

Also, Rian Johnson has an amazing sense of space and can manage action, drama, and pace well;

Another person who could pull it off is Darren Aronofsky. Remember, he was going to do the Wolverine movie before he pulled out so he could be with his newborn. I believe that source material is PERFECT for Aronfosky.

Truth is, I really loved Sndyer's direction with Watchmen and 300, so i was a bit disappointed in Man of Steel; I'm torn on whether he could pull off the Dark Knight Returns...if I couldn't get any of the other directors I listed, then I would take Snyder

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
To be honest, I think Spielberg could pull it off...he has that dark side to his work if the source material is indeed dark and we know he can make a great blockbuster

Also, Rian Johnson has an amazing sense of space and can manage action, drama, and pace well;

Another person who could pull it off is Darren Aronofsky. Remember, he was going to do the Wolverine movie before he pulled out so he could be with his newborn. I believe that source material is PERFECT for Aronfosky.

Truth is, I really loved Sndyer's direction with Watchmen and 300
, so i was a bit disappointed in Man of Steel; I'm torn on whether he could pull off the Dark Knight Returns...if I couldn't get any of the other directors I listed, then I would take Snyder

wow. I was going to suggest Rian Johnson and Aronofsky as well.

I really loved 300 at first.....but not as much on rewatch. Watchmen I loved for a long time. But I watched the Watchmen motion comic recently and realized that it needs to be fleshed out in a TV series.

still love the movie though.

But yea I really hope Snyder pulls this off. Just was letdown by Man of Steel as well. As someone pointed out on another board.....Snyder got all the small things wrong about that film. Here's to hoping he gets this movie right.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
wow. I was going to suggest Rian Johnson and Aronofsky as well.

I really loved 300 at first.....but not as much on rewatch. Watchmen I loved for a long time. But I watched the Watchmen motion comic recently and realized that it needs to be fleshed out in a TV series.

still love the movie though.

But yea I really hope Snyder pulls this off. Just was letdown by Man of Steel as well. As someone pointed out on another board.....Snyder got all the small things wrong about that film. Here's to hoping he gets this movie right.

The producers definitely took note of the reviews and the fan backlash, so this will be Snyder's last chance. They have alot riding on this, including the impending Justice League movie...Snyder knows he is on the hot seat and has to deliver, oh they will find someone else for Justice League...

On that note, why aren't they using some of the fun Superman villains like Solomon Grundy, Bizarro, or Doomsday? Superman actually has some fun villains but they keep recycling this fukkboy Lex Luthor...he's bee in EVERY Superman movie except Man of Steel, can't they go somewhere else with the villains???

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The producers definitely took note of the reviews and the fan backlash, so this will be Snyder's last chance. They have alot riding on this, including the impending Justice League movie...Snyder knows he is on the hot seat and has to deliver, oh they will find someone else for Justice League...

On that note, why aren't they using some of the fun Superman villains like Solomon Grundy, Bizarro, or Doomsday? Superman actually has some fun villains but they keep recycling this fukkboy Lex Luthor...he's bee in EVERY Superman movie except Man of Steel, can't they go somewhere else with the villains???

Great point.

They've made Superman limited on film. We havent seen different villains test Superman and see his response from it. Its just been Zod and Lex.

Now I think Snyder's version of Lex will focus on how he sees Superman as an alien threat. Which would be slightly different from the same old same we've seen. But still. When I heard Lex was going to be involved I was disappointed.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Great point.

They've made Superman limited on film. We havent seen different villains test Superman and see his response from it. Its just been Zod and Lex.

Now I think Snyder's version of Lex will focus on how he sees Superman as an alien threat. Which would be slightly different from the same old same we've seen. But still. When I heard Lex was going to be involved I was disappointed.

me too...Bizarro is one of the best villains and I think would uplift the story...going into Bizarro world and everything...shyt would be great.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to see brainiac as a secondary or even main villain. They will obviously use darkseid for the main jl movie but we need to get brainiac at some point

Bizarro would be too similar to zod, and doomsday wouldn't translate well to the big screen IMO.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They went dark and serious with man of steel, they won't just change tack noe

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Youre gonna complain anyway so why comply with your wishes?

Luthor is the best villian in DC..they would be INSULTING fans to not use him in one of the first TWO superman movies.

I wouldn't complain if they used different villains. Nobody wants to see the same mothafukka over and over again in all the movies. What are they gonna do? have Luthor get some kryptonite, then threaten Superman, he finds a way to overcome the kryptonite, and Luther is defeated but not killed to set up a sequel...womp womp :camby:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I wouldn't complain if they used different villains. Nobody wants to see the same mothafukka over and over again in all the movies. What are they gonna do? have Luthor get some kryptonite, then threaten Superman, he finds a way to overcome the kryptonite, and Luther is defeated but not killed to set up a sequel...womp womp :camby:
LOL @ your coloring book level of understanding lex luthor. You are part of the problem of the audience and thus production of ALL these films.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol u talkin bout "that's superhero 101" when this is literally superhero 101 for him. This situation. Right here. The first time he's ever encountered superpowered people.

Breh :camby:

THANK YOU.

the only way i knock snyder and co's approach in MOS is if they fail to address it in the next flick. imo, it was CLEARLY meant to illustrate the following:

- superman's inexperience as a hero
- the consequences of using his powers without regard for surroundings
- the danger of cutting loose, even for noble reasons
- the (legitimate?) argument that for all the good he might do, the world might be better off without his methods of salvation... and that argument represents a non-powered opponent's best shot at destroying clark; by turning the world against him.. that's super-villainy 101

there's no possible way the producers watched the finished product and overlooked all the damage superman wreaked. it's a storyline waiting to be continued. but some of u fukkng "i want it now"-ass nikkas want all questions answered in 30 seconds or the plot sucks. chill.