The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So you're saying he's not employing subtext in a convincing way...

I would disagree given the character, cause

• bruce is known for his discipline, for his emotional restraint, and
  • He's talking to a father figure/advisor in Alfred. He's gonna lack that degree of menace in his facial expression because his aggression isn't directed at the person he's looking at/talking to, whereas in the flashback shots it is.
I guess it's a gestalt theory sorta thing. But in order to go out of his way to prove that wrong, Affleck would have to know which moments would be trailer/TV spot moments beforehand, and compress those elements of his characterization in those moments for the sole purpose of selling the movie. Which would be asinine, cause promotion is the marketing department's job, not his.

I get what you're saying but either way, something feels off. And I feel it's definitely Affleck's delivery. Like in comic book lettering they bold certain words for emphasis (which our minds subconsciously process), but it's like Affleck decided to literally emphasize those words which comes off very unnatural.

ACLNzfd.jpg

I dunno, it might seem like nitpicking and not even be noticeable in the movie, but I'm always put off by things feeling off in material that's supposed to promote the movie.

Also, I just realized that I use italics all the damn time to do the same thing of emphasizing certain words in my posts.:mindblown:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You coulda said some shyt like "yo the trailers look fresh. Cant wait to see how this all plays out. Im excited for this movie!"

But naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Marvel just HAD to find its way into your post.
:sadbagmj:
Some counter productive ass hype men
:deadmanny:
Always on their mind. Even the low level minions :wow: