The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What's intensity to you?

That's kind of a difficult question, but the best way I can describe it is to invoke a sense of immense threat/seriousness without coming across of having that intention. Something that's just brooding under the surface as a second nature, waiting to explode out.

In Affleck's case, I can't shake the feeling that he's someone pretending to be intense rather than actually being so. The look he gives in that flashback of him holding the girl during the Supes/Zod fight is probably the closest thing to it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's kind of a difficult question, but the best way I can describe it is to invoke a sense of immense threat/seriousness without coming across of having that intention. Something that's just brooding under the surface as a second nature, waiting to explode out.

In Affleck's case, I can't shake the feeling that he's someone pretending to be intense rather than actually being so. The look he gives in that flashback of him holding the girl during the Supes/Zod fight is probably the closest thing to it.
so in short you're saying that ben affleck doesn't come off as genuinely dangerous guy.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
so in short you're saying that ben affleck doesn't come off as genuinely dangerous guy.

"Dangerous" might not be exactly the right word, I think "angry" is. But on second though I'm not even sure if it's Affleck's delivery or the dialog itself, I can't imagine a really pissed off guy forming a sentence like 'If we believe there's even a one percent chance that he's our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty'. It seems way too stately for a guy who basically just wants to punch a guy into the ground. Either way, something feels off about it.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

So you're saying he's not employing subtext in a convincing way...

I would disagree given the character, cause

• bruce is known for his discipline, for his emotional restraint, and
  • He's talking to a father figure/advisor in Alfred. He's gonna lack that degree of menace in his facial expression because his aggression isn't directed at the person he's looking at/talking to, whereas in the flashback shots it is.
I guess it's a gestalt theory sorta thing. But in order to go out of his way to prove that wrong, Affleck would have to know which moments would be trailer/TV spot moments beforehand, and compress those elements of his characterization in those moments for the sole purpose of selling the movie. Which would be asinine, cause promotion is the marketing department's job, not his.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
real talk all these new trailers basically telling us everything. I just wished they showed 1 trailer and kept it moving

we already know batman and superman gonna kiss and make up

they should've never shown doomsday and WW and make it seem like they were gonna fight then hit us with the okie doke
I honestly don't think they're showing all their cards.

Look at the Suicide Squad trailer. Why would Warner Bros. keep most of the story under wraps (as far as the main villains, story, who's playing what role, etc.,) but show every single thing in BvS.

It wouldn't make sense, especially since the SS trailers have been damn near perfect.

I think there's more to it than just Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex, and Doomsday.

Like how can they drop the ball with BvS with marketing and basically do everything right with SS.