The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The amount of c*nty rage you feel for a movie is kinda weird, man. You didn't like it. Cool.
Why you are acting like MOS kicked sand in your face and stole your girlfriend though makes no sense.

mostly because of accusations that come from the other side:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There were mixed reviews from critics but it was still over 50% positive and the audience reaction was very favorable so this idea that most people didn't enjoy man of Steel is way off base and always has been lol

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Sorry, but my love for, and willingness to protect, my mother wouldn't change based on how powerful I am and i'm willing to bet that's the same for most. You're trying to judge him as the superhero that he hasn't established himself as yet. The vast majority of the movie he shows he's still a guy born and raised in Kansas. All that aside, the movie consistently did its best to avoid falling into the cliches of superhero movies. Superman's always been this infallible, bastion of morality and they decided to ground the movie and the character in a more relatable human aspect. shyt, that's pretty much what the whole movie is about. Kryptonians were farmed and given their occupation from birth. Jor El went against that and had a natural birth and sent his son to Earth. Clark has to pick between Krypton and Earth. He chooses humanity. Showing Clark's humanity is kinda important, breh. If you can't see that in his reactions to certain things and instead want to be on some "a hero wouldn't do that" steez, I don't know what to tell you
yea the thing is u keep thinking im comparing him to his comic book counterpart or whatever but im saying as a god fearing man that i wouldnt have done what clark did AT ALL. I still dont understand how yall can justify this dude destroying all of this shyt and risking thousands of lives because he doesnt have the sense god or whomever gave him to keep the fight in an obscure area. At any point in the fight supes could've grabbed zod and threw him in a direction he knows isnt that populated just like how he fly tackled him to that area in the first place. If yall truly would put all those ppl at risk than we're just different ppl and we'll forever disagree. Like wat if 30 little kids got killed during that fight? what about other people's mothers and brothers and sisters? Clark mom perfectly fine but niccas is straight up dead in the rubble that supes fight caused but its all good cuz he's just a grown ass 30+ year old rookie who dont know no better :beli:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're trying to judge him as the superhero that he hasn't established himself as yet. The vast majority of the movie he shows he's still a guy born and raised in Kansas. All that aside, the movie consistently did its best to avoid falling into the cliches of superhero movies. Superman's always been this infallible, bastion of morality and they decided to ground the movie and the character in a more relatable human aspect. shyt, that's pretty much what the whole movie is about. Kryptonians were farmed and given their occupation from birth. Jor El went against that and had a natural birth and sent his son to Earth. Clark has to pick between Krypton and Earth. He chooses humanity. Showing Clark's humanity is kinda important, breh. If you can't see that in his reactions to certain things and instead want to be on some "a hero wouldn't do that" steez, I don't know what to tell you
So you're saying it's an origin movie:jbhmm:

Daps
12492035_1104900592855008_1511182459853602814_o.jpg

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
yea the thing is u keep thinking im comparing him to his comic book counterpart or whatever but im saying as a god fearing man that i wouldnt have done what clark did AT ALL. I still dont understand how yall can justify this dude destroying all of this shyt and risking thousands of lives because he doesnt have the sense god or whomever gave him to keep the fight in an obscure area. At any point in the fight supes could've grabbed zod and threw him in a direction he knows isnt that populated just like how he fly tackled him to that area in the first place. If yall truly would put all those ppl at risk than we're just different ppl and we'll forever disagree. Like wat if 30 little kids got killed during that fight? what about other people's mothers and brothers and sisters? Clark mom perfectly fine but niccas is straight up dead in the rubble that supes fight caused but its all good cuz he's just a grown ass 30+ year old rookie who dont know no better :beli:
Where has anybody said it was a good thing he brought them there? Who said it was all good? People dying is bad, thanks for the life altering intel breh. All I've been trying to explain is the mindset. He wasn't thinking he was reacting emotionally. You've never been so angry that you saw red and all reason went out the window, cool. I'm not making it up, it happens. And I hate the whole "Well if that was me" rhetoric. It's not you, it's a fictional character that has emotions created by those writing him. And also watch the video. From his house to the power plant is one cornfield. It's not that far away. When they're fighting at the end of the movie, they cover a lot more ground then that. One punch from Zod sent Clark flying down multiple city blocks...through buildings. So no, the fight wasn't going to be confined to just the cornfield regardless.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Except that's incredibly lazy and a cop out. When people bring up The Avengers eating shawarma an hour after an alien invasion and the possible nuking of a major U.S city(all of which accounted for civilian casualties), stans rebuttal with how they did a quick shot about the news brining up casualties. That's lazy and Snyder is calling that out. We've grown up watching mass destruction in comic books and animated series get completely glossed over. Now we're about to get a whole movie about it. Superman taking a look around and being like "shyt, breh:whoo:" does not give any real gravitas to what just went down. Real lives were just lost. Real lives have been affected forever. A quick shot of him being taken aback by all the destruction while we go into the next movie and start fukking shyt up again without missing a beat does nothing to address what Snyder said about the actions of super heroes having real consequences. MoS was the cause. Batman vs. Superman is going to be the effect. And about him kissing Lois: people finding romantic comfort right after a disaster is nothing new in life or in movies.

The sad thing is, besides the cats that just didn't want to like the movie, I think MoS made some really lame individuals feel genuinely uncomfortable. I can see kids feeling this way, but a lot of adults don't want their superhero movies to be adult or realistic. They don't want to think about the fact that innocent people die in the hundreds when gods are duking it out. They wanna eat their popcorn while wearing a t-shirt with a superhero logo on it and go "Oh shyt:ooh:" during action scenes. I remember the gripes about Pa Kent. To me he was a trill ass character. He reminded me of Joel from The Last of Us. Joel cared more about Ellie living than he did about the fate of mankind. No parent is putting the good of the world over their kid. That's some idealistic shyt that doesn't fly in the real world. Him telling Clark maybe he should have let that school bus full of kids die was realistic as hell. Mind you, he says "maybe". He's conflicted about the shyt too. He doesn't want his kid to be put in harms way or become some sort of lab experiment for the government (if you've seen Flashpoint Paradox, that is a possibility). Does it sound horrible? Of course it does. But those of you with kids, tell me you wouldn't react the same way. He's raised his kid to be a good person and that's reflected in the fact that he doesn't destroy those kids bullying him and that he saves the school bus, but Pa Kent's first priority is protecting his son. Same with Martha telling Clark he doesn't owe this world a thing in the trailers for the new movie. That's her son way before he's a superhero. shyt like that makes overgrown kids uncomfortable. Let's not make Tony Stark a raging, alcoholic, fukk up. Let's make him a debonair party boy with commitment issues. When The Hulk loses control (Banner's greatest fear), we're not gonna have him actually rip an innocent person in half or punch Black Widow's head into the stratosphere. He'll just scare the shyt out of people before he regains his composure. Why not? Because laughs and dude bro moments are what sell comic book movies, not the real life consequences of unfettered power.
Sorry, breh.

:rudy:

Comics/Comic Book Moview don't have take themselves so serious

:ufdup:This post is dope, though (Dap/rep)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Where has anybody said it was a good thing he brought them there? Who said it was all good? People dying is bad, thanks for the life altering intel breh. All I've been trying to explain is the mindset. He wasn't thinking he was reacting emotionally. You've never been so angry that you saw red and all reason went out the window, cool. I'm not making it up, it happens. And I hate the whole "Well if that was me" rhetoric. It's not you, it's a fictional character that has emotions created by those writing him. And also watch the video. From his house to the power plant is one cornfield. It's not that far away. When they're fighting at the end of the movie, they cover a lot more ground then that. One punch from Zod sent Clark flying down multiple city blocks...through buildings. So no, the fight wasn't going to be confined to just the cornfield regardless.
ahh ok trash writing, thanks :ehh:

dude was in space at one point but still decided to go fight in metropolis :mjlol:....shyt he could've flew to whatever place he wanted but i guess he just saw red the ENTIRE fight huh breh?

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
ahh ok trash writing, thanks :ehh:

dude was in space at one point but still decided to go fight in metropolis :mjlol:....shyt he could've flew to whatever place he wanted but i guess he just saw red the ENTIRE fight huh breh?
Sure, lets fly to the moon and leave Zod on earth. :laff: