The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
are you saying any filmmaker is allowed to take any artistic license they want when it comes to these characters?
*searches for dozens of complaints youve had regarding disney changing characters and taking artitic license with marvel characters*

*finds none*
:mjlol:

I guess only disney is allowed to do that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
are you saying any filmmaker is allowed to take any artistic license they want when it comes to these characters?
To an extent yes.
It is an adaptation and a writer/director will try to bring something new or unique to their take on a character and I am perfectly fine with that happening.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
To an extent yes.
It is an adaptation and a writer/director will try to bring something new or unique to their take on a character and I am perfectly fine with that happening.

zach snyder didn't bring anything new or unique to the table though. the movie wasn't lambasted because it was new, but because it was terrible.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Sorry, but my love for, and willingness to protect, my mother wouldn't change based on how powerful I am and i'm willing to bet that's the same for most. You're trying to judge him as the superhero that he hasn't established himself as yet. The vast majority of the movie he shows he's still a guy born and raised in Kansas. All that aside, the movie consistently did its best to avoid falling into the cliches of superhero movies. Superman's always been this infallible, bastion of morality and they decided to ground the movie and the character in a more relatable human aspect. shyt, that's pretty much what the whole movie is about. Kryptonians were farmed and given their occupation from birth. Jor El went against that and had a natural birth and sent his son to Earth. Clark has to pick between Krypton and Earth. He chooses humanity. Showing Clark's humanity is kinda important, breh. If you can't see that in his reactions to certain things and instead want to be on some "a hero wouldn't do that" steez, I don't know what to tell you

Call out people discussing a movie in depth(in a forum called The Film Room no less ) and then try to :cape: for Ironman 3 a couple posts after, brehs
I didn't cape, I pointed out a contradiction.

Unlike DC stans who catch feelings every time someone says they aren't feeling a trailer or movie, marvel gang lets it slide off our shoulder cause the money and RT % does the talking :myman:

Looks at MOS rating, :mjlol:

The next time DC stans point out something they aren't feeling 100% , will be the first time :mjlol: in their mind DC hasn't made a mis step yet :dead:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
MOS was such a great movie guys! :gladbron:

:: mixed reaction among fans and critics ::
:: henry whoville became hollywood's least in demand new star ::
:: studio chooses to go with a different writer for the sequel ::
:: batman, not superman, gets first billing ::

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I didn't cape, I pointed out a contradiction.

Unlike DC stans who catch feelings every time someone says they aren't feeling a trailer or movie, marvel gang lets it slide off our shoulder cause the money and RT % does the talking :myman:

Looks at MOS rating, :mjlol:

The next time DC stans point out something they aren't feeling 100% , will be the first time :mjlol: in their mind DC hasn't made a mis step yet :dead:
I didn't cape either, I rebuttaled common talking points about a movie. You mean how you and those of your ilk seem to have caught feelings that other people like Man of Steel?:ehh: I'm sorry it has you in your feelings that a group of people can sit down and talk about the different themes in a movie while you'd prefer to point at a number on a website and decide that that number is the end all be all that describes the film's merits. I never actually see anywhere near this much analysis about any Marvel film in any of the circle jerks y'all call movie threads. It's always numbers. How much money the movie made. What the Rotten Tomatoes number is. Do y'all watch movies or watch the pockets of old white men who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire?:jbhmm:As a Marvel stan name me something you 100% weren't feeling about a Marvel movie. What was Marvel's last misstep?

P.S
I count atleast five Marvel stans with more posts than me in this thread. What's that new phrase you've quickly been beating into the ground lately? Something about a complex....it slips my mind at the moment but whatever:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
the majority of the marvel movies range from average to forgettable. there are actually very few "good" movies in the franchise.

there, you guys happy now? am i still a marvel stan? does that change the fact that superman begins was a steaming pile?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
And I'd say you got that but okay breh. You really want to keep making this argument that he's a mass murderer because of collateral damage when the only building in that movie that came down that you could say potentially killed people is the daily planet building and that wasn't his fault that it came down seeing as how he was on the other side of the world trying to stop the very machine that caused its destruction.

Daily planet never fell though lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
the majority of the marvel movies range from average to forgettable. there are actually very few "good" movies in the franchise.

there, you guys happy now? am i still a marvel stan? does that change the fact that superman begins was a steaming pile?
The amount of c*nty rage you feel for a movie is kinda weird, man. You didn't like it. Cool.
Why you are acting like MOS kicked sand in your face and stole your girlfriend though makes no sense.