The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
But amazingly the people who didn't like Iron man 3 (or Iron Man 2 for that matter) don't pop up in every Marvel Movie thread whining about how shytty it was and shytting on all future movies by association. Wonder why that is?:jbhmm:
They also don't immediately make comparisons to DC films after the trailer on some "little brother, I can compete with you too!" shyt, like observed in he suicide squad thread :jbhmm:

And as referenced by @TheGodling dc stans / those with an inferiority complex are the ones that brought up MOS this time, which has quickly become the norm. :jbhmm:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So you had rigid expectations that the movie curved you on and you got upset :sas2:

Looks like some want it one way for DC, but it's another for marvel :sas2:
Not even close, chief.
I had no expectations going in, was liking what i was given in regards to Mandarin as a villain while watching it and then was disappointed with the "Big Twist" that Shane Black went with (because he felt that the movie needed more comedy I guess). So basically all of my judgments were based on what Iron Man 3 gave me in the confines of the actual movie.:smugbiden:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But amazingly the people who didn't like Iron man 3 (or Iron Man 2 for that matter) don't pop up in every Marvel Movie thread whining about how shytty it was and shytting on all future movies by association. Wonder why that is?:jbhmm:

I want something glib to say but I got nothing lol. The snow is getting to me. I'm about to get my shyt handed to me in fallout 4

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
as a normal man no, but if im a dude that can destroy buildings with a simple slap then yea....idk bout yall moms but mines wouldnt want me killing hella ppl and destroying lives for the sake of her :yeshrug:
Sorry, but my love for, and willingness to protect, my mother wouldn't change based on how powerful I am and i'm willing to bet that's the same for most. You're trying to judge him as the superhero that he hasn't established himself as yet. The vast majority of the movie he shows he's still a guy born and raised in Kansas. All that aside, the movie consistently did its best to avoid falling into the cliches of superhero movies. Superman's always been this infallible, bastion of morality and they decided to ground the movie and the character in a more relatable human aspect. shyt, that's pretty much what the whole movie is about. Kryptonians were farmed and given their occupation from birth. Jor El went against that and had a natural birth and sent his son to Earth. Clark has to pick between Krypton and Earth. He chooses humanity. Showing Clark's humanity is kinda important, breh. If you can't see that in his reactions to certain things and instead want to be on some "a hero wouldn't do that" steez, I don't know what to tell you

The :cape: for MOS :mjlol:

That inferiority complex is scrong :wow:

Call out people discussing a movie in depth(in a forum called The Film Room no less ) and then try to :cape: for Ironman 3 a couple posts after, brehs

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They also don't immediately make comparisons to DC films after the trailer on some "little brother, I can compete with you too!" shyt, like observed in he suicide squad thread :jbhmm:

And as referenced by @TheGodling dc stans / those with an inferiority complex are the ones that brought up MOS this time, which has quickly become the norm. :jbhmm:
I thought the MOS stuff got brought up this last time because someone posted a link to an interview Zack Snyder did recently where the interviewer asked him about apologizing for the ending of MOS.
The majority of MOS stuff in this thread has been brought up by folks who hated the movie and feel the need to constantly re-litigate their personal grievances over and over for some reason.

And wasn't the first comparison made about Suicide Squad from people saying it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Superman in Man of Steel isn't the Superman you are talking about though.
The character in Man of Steel was true to how that character had been developed in that movie and really that is all that should matter.
Batman in the Nolan movies wasn't my Batman but all of his actions were true to the character that Nolan created with Batman Begins.
Same with Stark in the Iron Man movies, Capt. America in his movies and Thor in his movies. None of those characters are exactly as they have been presented in the decades worth of comic books or TV shows or even other movies. Criticizing a different take on the character because it doesn't line up with your rigid expectations based on a prior depiction is just overly entitled nerd bullshyt.

i really don't have many "rigid expectations" when it comes to this stuff. so long as they look and act like they are supposed to... and don't kill innocents by the thousands.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Yeah just shut the fukk yo and say you can't understand or relate to real human emotions :mjlol:
yea i've actually been in a situation exactly like that where a dude tried to fight my mom (i was only 13 and he was 15) and at no point was i this uncontrollable hulk monster who's brain completely shut off. im starting to think none of this shyt has ever happened to yall :pachaha:....even in my very first fight in elementary school (a fight which i lost) i cant remember being that stupid and we talkin bout a grown ass clark :beli:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I mean jesus christ...we are talking about comics...comics that have been around a long time,in which characters have had dozens of different writers who have all written characters with different nuances and outright complete differences.

Just say you want to suck christopher reeves dikk and get it over it with already.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
what i expect to see from superman in a superman movie.

- blue costume
- red cape
- kind hearted, intelligent
- not a mass murderer

And I'd say you got that but okay breh. You really want to keep making this argument that he's a mass murderer because of collateral damage when the only building in that movie that came down that you could say potentially killed people is the daily planet building and that wasn't his fault that it came down seeing as how he was on the other side of the world trying to stop the very machine that caused its destruction.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
yea i've actually been in a situation exactly like that where a dude tried to fight my mom (i was only 13 and he was 15) and at no point was i this uncontrollable hulk monster who's brain completely shut off. im starting to think none of this shyt has ever happened to yall :pachaha:....even in my very first fight in elementary school (a fight which i lost) i cant remember being that stupid and we talkin bout a grown ass clark :beli:
You saw ma dukes getting roughed up as a teen and you went and hid :scust:

Marvel stans y'all :scust: