The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Maybe you should talk some more about the destruction caused in MOS. I don't think we've heard enough of your view.

agreed, we need more gifs and smileys so we can futher understand. maybe a picture of ryan gosling smoking a cigarette or popping his collar, a visual exclamation point to the post would help

Well, since you both asked:

Supes showing zero concern for human casualties is downright terrible characterization, the fact they didn't even bother to make it look like he gave a shyt is just appalling. And of course there's the downright morbid tone the movie creates by showing these massive casualties ramp up over and over again, only to have Supes make out with Lois in the middle of that giant death crater like it's all good.

And that's the real talk straight from tha real gawd.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
aka my homeboy who really wanted to know why spider man didn't show up in daredevil and since when did kingpin become a spider man villain..oh, same people who think electro is red skull's son

And yeah that venom shyt..that show did more for him than the comics ever did though, thats for damn sure
90s was all about anti-heros and he has a cool look. Its not much deeper than that for Venom.

But I still like him :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I think I'm getting convinced Ben will play a good batman. But Jesse nope and superman still looks like he'll be the background again. In MOS the best parts were Krytpon and Zod and now in this it looks like Batman will steal the show. Clark is about to be 0/2
I thought Faora stole the show in M.O.S. That was my pic to play wonder woman though that shyt would make no sense

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Supes showing zero concern for human casualties is downright terrible characterization, the fact they didn't even bother to make it look like he gave a shyt is just appalling. And of course there's the downright morbid tone the movie creates by showing these massive casualties ramp up over and over again, only to have Supes make out with Lois in the middle of that giant death crater like it's all good.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I bet ryan gosling in his underwear is one of your most used google searches.

Daps
he needs to be that by the end of BVS. i don't want any more movies after this of "can we trust him"... "should one man have all this power"??? if we are still asking these questions going into justice league, then there is a problem. by the end of this movie he should be a beacon of hope and inspiration to all mankind.

he should be glad to do it, and the people should be glad to have him.

but like you said, up until this point he has not been much of a compelling character. that is the problem. that was my argument. in fact he isn't much of a character at all. he's just... there. we don't really know much about him other than that he likes to save people.

Mayb that is the game plan. The trailer seems to have gone out of its way to mute Kal/Clark (mayb wrong but i don't remember one line from him) perhapsthis movie will highlight him going out of his way to be the Superman most identify with. It's speculation on my part but the conflict shown with Ma Kent to Perry to Bats seems to illustrate He's committed and internally focused on being more than a powerful alien.

From a human standpoint i doubt the distrust will ever go away. Creating doubt of superman is one of Lex's things. Not trying to change your perspective but mayb you'll get what your looking for in March. Even from MoS the foundation for him to lead the others was laid. I don't think the plan is to shyt on the superman ppl are used to.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Mayb that is the game plan. The trailer seems to have gone out of its way to mute Kal/Clark (mayb wrong but i don't remember one line from him) perhapsthis movie will highlight him going out of his way to be the Superman most identify with. It's speculation on my part but the conflict shown with Ma Kent to Perry to Bats seems to illustrate He's committed and internally focused on being more than a powerful alien.

From a human standpoint i doubt the distrust will ever go away. Creating doubt of superman is one of Lex's things. Not trying to change your perspective but mayb you'll get what your looking for in March. Even from MoS the foundation for him to lead the others was laid. I don't think the plan is to shyt on the superman ppl are used to.

The game plan is introducing your players through marketing. The audience has already been introduced to this iteration of superman. Now you need to be introduced to this version of batman and what their core issue is

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

giphy.gif

super gay
first of all,

negged...and i'm negging @Kill Dat Noize for dapping this filth

secondly,

superman already showed compassion in flashbacks when he exposed his powers to smallville when saving other children :francis:. And when he tried to save his dad but his dad waived him off :francis: and when he chose humans over his fellow kryptonians :francis: and when he killed another kryptonian to save three humans. :francis: And the consequences for ZOD ignoring human casualties were already written into the core plot of BvS :francis:

the bottom rung of the film room goes

---the field----
@hexagram23
@Ethnic Vagina Finder
---everyone in the arcadium---
@TheGodling

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
but like you said, up until this point he has not been much of a compelling character. that is the problem. that was my argument. in fact he isn't much of a character at all. he's just... there. we don't really know much about him other than that he likes to save people.
exactly! :heh: im still waiting on people to answer your first question of why are we supposed to like superman in MOS. other than the fact that i go into the movie knowing he is superman they do nothing to get you invested.

ironically the chore of MOS isnt the villain or the storyline but the main character :dead:

I thought Faora stole the show in M.O.S. That was my pic to play wonder woman though that shyt would make no sense
i give her props too. basically everything besides superman (and the dark filters and bleakness) was fine for me

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And of course there's the downright morbid tone the movie creates by showing these massive casualties ramp up over and over again, only to have Supes make out with Lois in the middle of that giant death crater like it's all good.

which is even more insulting because on a scale of 1-10 in terms of sexual chemistry supes and lois were at about a negative 7.

the way they fell for each other... it were as if the script just commanded it. :mjpls:

actually come to think of it.... nolan's batman movies were the same way. bale's batman had zero chemistry with all of his romantic interests.

apparently when it comes to DC movies these chicks just can't keep their hands off these weird, reclusive and unsociable introverts. :heh: