The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
The game plan is introducing your players through marketing. The audience has already been introduced to this iteration of superman. Now you need to be introduced to this version of batman and what their core issue is

I feel you on that but i was referring to the development of Clark into Superman. As far as marketing the trailer was superb. But its just a trailer and not ment to give away the story which is why i referenced Clark/Superman not speaking. The conflict shown to me is both internal (others opinion on him as well as his own) and external (everything we loved about the trailer.)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you on that but i was referring to the development of Clark into Superman. As far as marketing the trailer was superb. But its just a trailer and not ment to give away the story which is why i referenced Clark/Superman not speaking. The conflict shown to me is both internal (others opinion on him as well as his own) and external (everything we loved about the trailer.)

I agree. I enjoyed the movie well enough but had issues with it but still very interested in what they did going forward

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
which is even more insulting because on a scale of 1-10 in terms of sexual chemistry supes and lois were at about a negative 7.

the way they fell for each other... it were as if the script just commanded it. :mjpls:

actually come to think of it.... nolan's batman movies were the same way. bale's batman had zero chemistry with all of his romantic interests.

apparently when it comes to DC movies these chicks just can't keep their hands off these weird, reclusive and unsociable introverts. :heh:

I truly think that's because Nolan has a blindspot for that shyt and I don't get why but I don't want to get into a Nolan thing

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Marvel should of kept Eduardo as Spidey still SMH when I forget some kid is replacing him.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
We all know you ride with doppelganger though
latest
You know there's some diabetic, 40 year old with this tatted on his calf :mjlol:

Daps
I agree. I enjoyed the movie well enough but had issues with it but still very interested in what they did going forward

You've probably already expressed it here but i am curious as to a few of the issues you had. From what I've read so far you appear to be one of the most level headed and objective posters around.

I had a few minor issues with it but overall enjoyed the experience and take of another one of many takes on the character. Plus to my understanding everything (DC movie wise) was riding on that movie's success, soi saw it as them trying to give enough of a nod to everyone's fav sup to get the franchise rolling. Play it relatively safe but give them something to be exited (or just talk) about and possibly begin the larger story.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You've probably already expressed it here but i am curious as to a few of the issues you had. From what I've read so far you appear to be one of the most level headed and objective posters around.

I had a few minor issues with it but overall enjoyed the experience and take of another one of many takes on the character. Plus to my understanding everything (DC movie wise) was riding on that movie's success, soi saw it as them trying to give enough of a nod to everyone's fav sup to get the franchise rolling. Play it relatively safe but give them something to be exited (or just talk) about and possibly begin the larger story.

Mostly writing lol..I've never been a huge fan of Goyer's writing. I don't hate the dude but he's hit or miss with me so it was just uneven and there were things they could've executed a lot better..like the thing you mentioned for an example, pa kent's resistance to him doing anything good (i got it but I think it could've been pulled off better) and Jor El being basil exposition was a problem for me because it sort of cheapened his death. if you kill someone in act 1 and they're still around in act 3? Meh

Daps
Mostly writing lol..I've never been a huge fan of Goyer's writing. I don't hate the dude but he's hit or miss with me so it was just uneven and there were things they could've executed a lot better..like the thing you mentioned for an example, pa kent's resistance to him doing anything good (i got it but I think it could've been pulled off better) and Jor El being basil exposition was a problem for me because it sort of cheapened his death. if you kill someone in act 1 and they're still around in act 3? Meh

Very valid points, especially Jor-El.:ehh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are people still in here arguing flaws in MOS?? We get it the movies not perfect . Clark made no effort to protect his identity until the end and then even said his age and he's from Kansas . Why would the daily planet hire a vagabond like Clark ? Unless we missed the fact he went to college at some point or had a stable job to use as references. That was pretty lazy like yes we know he's a reporter in cannon but make some effort to show how he became a reporter. But some people liked the movie; ( I did a lot ) some less , some not at all it seems. Let's move on and discuss the new one though ! The same argument been in here in for 2 years already

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I truly think that's because Nolan has a blindspot for that shyt and I don't get why but I don't want to get into a Nolan thing
it ain't just nolan though. WB has done this to both batman AND superman. they have BOTH been turned into weird, reclusive weirdos over the last decade.

you watch amazing spiderman and you could just feel the chemistry between peter and gwen. you believe that those 2 are definitely fukking (probably because in real life they were).

same for tony and pepper. they don't technically smash in the movie butyou feel something between them, like they COULD potentially fukk for days if they wanted to. steve rogers and black widow in TWS, again... you wouldn't be surprised if they did. there was something there between them.

superman is supposed to be this supreme alpha male. the dude that swoops in and saves the day. lois lane literally CANNOT even stand to be around this dude because he's literally the perfect man. strong, handsome, confident, and compassionate. you know... SUPER man. but you watch superman returns and there's nothing. brandon routh was a huge faq in that movie. no girl in their right mind would fall for that guy. henry cavill was a lil bit beefier and more manly... but he too was a shy weirdo. far from the charming ladies man that christopher reeves was. in donner's movie you feel that chemistry between him and lois. lois can't even believe that this guy exists! bytch be talkin to herself and everything.

and don't get me started on christian bale. guy was a huge creep. even when he was putting up his billionaire playboy front you wondered how this guy could bag chicks. so awkward and unnatural.

looks like they fixed that with batfleck though. even though you can't tell much from the trailer it looks like batman is back to being an alpha male.