The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
but where was the arc for that character? what made him want to always do good? it wasn't his adoptive father right? didn't he preach the opposite his whole life? didn't he tell him to keep his powers to himself?

so if clark starts the movie as just a guy that wants to help people, and he ends the movie as just a guy that wants to help people... then in what way did we really get to witness that character grow? how was he a changed man by the end of the movie? WAS he really a changed man by the end of the movie?

pardon the interruption. You make interesting points. Altho it seems Kal's transition to superman is more of an internal one tracing back to his kryptonian origin. The whole what if a child could dream to be more theme. Pa Kent wasnt to supportive but what parent would want to push their child to being hated, feared, exalted, outcasted. Based on the new trailer Ma Kent isn't even big on Clark becoming superman the people's champ. While the execution hasn't excatly made him the most compelling character it seems both movies attempting to show the journey to becoming superman as we know him isn't an overnight one. I feel everything is adding to him becoming the icon.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:salute:

Gimme a few breh..I had something but i need to make sure the info I had/have is right before I just start talking..but carry on homie

the only thing that was unique about donner's superman - in contrast to all the other popular iterations of the character up until that point - was kal-el's decision to make clark kent a bumbling fool.

before that movie clark kent was usually a pretty cool customer. he was "mild mannered".

S:TAS was more faithful in that regard.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the only thing that was unique about donner's superman - in contrast to all the other popular iterations of the character up until that point - was kal-el's decision to make clark kent a bumbling fool.

before that movie clark kent was usually a pretty cool customer. he was "mild mannered".

Which is what I was going with but also his version seemed to take off some of Clarks rougher edges. And also made him more powerful than he was but that's a minor quibble.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Too bad I aint a DC fan boy :umad:

But why don't you go write some more dissertations on age of ultron

I think it's time for you to stop posting breh.

BNie8kb.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
pardon the interruption. You make interesting points. Altho it seems Kal's transition to superman is more of an internal one tracing back to his kryptonian origin. The whole what if a child could dream to be more theme. Pa Kent wasnt to supportive but what parent would want to push their child to being hated, feared, exalted, outcasted. Based on the new trailer Ma Kent isn't even big on Clark becoming superman the people's champ. While the execution hasn't excatly made him the most compelling character it seems both movies attempting to show the journey to becoming superman as we know him isn't an overnight one. I feel everything is adding to him becoming the icon.

he needs to be that by the end of BVS. i don't want any more movies after this of "can we trust him"... "should one man have all this power"??? if we are still asking these questions going into justice league, then there is a problem. by the end of this movie he should be a beacon of hope and inspiration to all mankind.

he should be glad to do it, and the people should be glad to have him.

but like you said, up until this point he has not been much of a compelling character. that is the problem. that was my argument. in fact he isn't much of a character at all. he's just... there. we don't really know much about him other than that he likes to save people.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

also odd that ALL STAR SUPERMAN went back to that iteration of kent too.

dc has no respect for pa kent...bizarro killed him in like 2008 and it was some ":manny: next" status stuff

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Your entire knowledge of super man comes from donners films.

Sounding like those idiots whos knowledge of spider man came from sam raimis.

That shyt annoys me so much. I mean we had cats actually saying that spider man was too snarky and that he was mean to flash...how in the hell can spider man ever be too snarky? how is that possible??

And as far as him being mean to flash, read a comic book. He's merciless to flash on the regular until they start being friends

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Maybe you should talk some more about the destruction caused in MOS. I don't think we've heard enough of your view.
agreed, we need more gifs and smileys so we can futher understand. maybe a picture of ryan gosling smoking a cigarette or popping his collar, a visual exclamation point to the post would help

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
not as bad as people who have 100% knowledge of spiderman from TAS....aka

venom fanboys :beli:

aka my homeboy who really wanted to know why spider man didn't show up in daredevil and since when did kingpin become a spider man villain..oh, same people who think electro is red skull's son

And yeah that venom shyt..that show did more for him than the comics ever did though, thats for damn sure