The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:banderas: If that's the case.
Ayer tweeted a training scene of Eastwood fighting Jay Hernandez's El Diablo character. The set photos showed Eastwood just as a random soldier helping the Suicide Squad. For them to fighting in the movie something had to change for these characters to now fight. So yea he may be Deathstroke or more likely be dikk. Grayson. Also, El Maybe has actually been right about a few things in regards to Suicide Squad. Cant find the link but he also said that Wonder Woman was working under cover for ARGUS as well.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Looks more like they are teaming up than facing off. And that batsuit is bulky and ugly af. Best thing about the trailer was Ben. Lex, Wonder Woman and Superman all get the :camby:especially Jessie as Lex. I'd rather see Spacey again.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Looks more like they are teaming up than facing off. And that batsuit is bulky and ugly af. Best thing about the trailer was Ben. Lex, Wonder Woman and Superman all get the :camby:especially Jessie as Lex. I'd rather see Spacey again.

Well of course they're going to team up in the end breh. But the philosophical clash and Bruce feeling like he's a threat is going to put them at odds to begin with

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
serious question.

can we assume the general public will know that eisenberg's character is supposed to be lex luthor? is he REFERRED to as lex luthor? or do they just see some weird hipster kid with a goofy haircut.
I am not trying to be an a$$hole but I seriously have no fukking clue what you are trying to ask here?
Lex Luthor isn't a secret identity, it's his government name that is on his license and birth certificate. And he's supposed to be some combo of Bill Gates/Mark Zuckerberg with an evil arms dealer thrown in for good measure so he is a public figure already.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Well of course they're going to team up in the end breh. But the philosophical clash and Bruce feeling like he's a threat is going to put them at odds to begin with
So the real villain Lex is just gonna sit back and let them fight it out while he does his evil shyt? What a stupid plot.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I am not trying to be an a$$hole but I seriously have no fukking clue what you are trying to ask here?
Lex Luthor isn't a secret identity, it's his government name that is on his license and birth certificate. And he's supposed to be some combo of Bill Gates/Mark Zuckerberg with an evil arms dealer thrown in for good measure so he is a public figure already.
I'm talking about the ppl watching the trailer smart guy :stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So the real villain Lex is just gonna sit back and let them fight it out while he does his evil shyt? What a stupid plot.

I mean I don't know if that's it but if you're lex why wouldn't you just let them fight each other destroy each other and you get to pick up the pieces and look like the true savior which is what his MO has always been. Why not just let them beat each other up? Now obviously something will happen to wake them up and make them team up but Lex's thing has always been that this alien is too powerful and is the true threat and rather than celebrate him we need to power up against him...all while hiding his true feelings of lusting for power and wanting to create the world in his image

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm talking about the ppl watching the trailer smart guy :stopitslime:

I think they'll get it once they're told he's lex Luthor lol. That comic con trailer isn't for the general audience breh and you know that. It's for the audience who already knows who's who. Let the marketing plan play out

squiddyB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#walkerset
I think I got the plot of this movie down:

Superman goes on court, is forced to get a government liaison to report to (Wonder Woman). Batman doesn't think this is enough, but keeps quiet while he uses his tech & gov contacts to find out more about the Kryptonians - that's how he comes into contact with Lex. He buys remains of Zod's suit, and starts reverse-engineering it. Speaking of Lex, he finds Kryptonite and uses it to experiment with Zod's dead body. Over the course of these experiments, he gets cancer and goes bald from the cancer treatments.

While he's at all this, he begins to fund Superman wannabes with the goal of antagonizing Batman. Batman beats down Supe-wannabes all around the world, and while he doesn't blame Superman for them he knows that one solution to the problem is beating Superman - so the people won't look up to him. While this is all going on, Superman is investigating Batman and their first encounter is Superman telling Batman to quit his vigilante shyt. Second battle, Batman got his suit and they get into a fight but Superman sees a massive explosion in the distance and ditches Batman.

Lex has turned Zod's body into Doomsday, basically a weaponized Kryptonian that he plans to control to create an obedient puppet for Lex corp to further his interests. In his ideal world, the only superhero is the one that he can control, so he lures Superman and weakens him with Kryptonite. Lex loses control of Doomsday when he sees Superman, as some remnants of Zod memories enrages him, and Doomsday goes on a rampage. Wonder Woman pops up to fight Doomdsay, but she's barely holding on.

Batman uses his Bat Jet to get to the whole mess, and finds Superman incapacitating by Kryptonite. The two agrees to a truce, Batman going off to find and capture Lex while Superman heads outside to help Wonder Woman.

The movie ends with Lex Luthor behind bars; the Justice League form; and a final cameo by Aquaman.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I mean I don't know if that's it but if you're lex why wouldn't you just let them fight each other destroy each other and you get to pick up the pieces and look like the true savior which is what his MO has always been. Why not just let them beat each other up? Now obviously something will happen to wake them up and make them team up but Lex's thing has always been that this alien is too powerful and is the true threat and rather than celebrate him we need to power up against him...all while hiding his true feelings of lusting for power and wanting to create the world in his image
I just think its predictable, thats all. That trailer basically gave away the whole plot and we can all guess how it ends. Obviously there will be some little surprise cliffhanger at the ending to promote the sequel, but I feel like I know the whole movie after seeing that trailer. I'm more hyped for Suicide Squad and Solo Batman Ben.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So... if I get it right...

A0jPpO0.gif

... what the three of you are saying...

tumblr_nej7q08cgR1rra264o1_400.gif

... is that they're using this movie to address the criticisms people had against MoS...

DXVdzHz.gif

I guess MoS didn't do its job too well then if they needed to do that in this one.

8Xc26eV.gif

MoS can't stand on its own = confirmed, by the makers of the film itself and its most hardcore online defenders.

aeOZ7Em.gif

We've certainly come a long way from the times when all acknowledgment of the destruction in Metropolis was this:

F2O5K3i.gif

That's right indifferent shallow army woman, we can always acknowledge that shyt... in the sequel. :salute:

(For the record, I'm happy they're implementing these elements but if you think that shyt is included because they planned it ahead, and not because they had to address it after all the criticisms, you are unbearably naive. So you should all actually thank me for my hard work of crusading against MoS for two full years just to get these film makers to step their game up.)
Except David Goyer sat down with Brendan Connelly (formerly of Bleeding Cool) to do an interview before MOS was released where he talked about the consequences of super-humans doing battle in public settings resulting in tons of collateral damage. The people behind the movie were always looking to address that issue whether people ended up spending tons of time online complaining about the death and destruction in MOS or not.
I will try to find the interview but since its re-design BC is a total shythole.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just think its predictable, thats all. That trailer basically gave away the whole plot and we can all guess how it ends. Obviously there will be some little surprise cliffhanger at the ending to promote the sequel, but I feel like I know the whole movie after see that trailer.

Well there are rumors there's more to it and we know aquaman is in it too so there's more to see that we haven't seen in my opinion. So I'd wager that we don't know everything and only know the basics