The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I see where you're coming from but I mean Idk..... It makes more sense that they planned to address it before the backlash

Makes no sense to have a superhero movie especially a SUPERMAN one where he's actually committed a murder and is involved in a massive fight destroying buildings with people in it n sh!t and then just pretend it never happened next film

MOS was made to spearhead a shared universe anyways if it was successful.. only element I think changed is that they decided to put him against Batman instead of somebody else cuz they tryna rush this Justice League sh!t on us

MOS actually gives a legitimate reason to why we'll see the Superman we know who's this big blue boyscout who holds his power back all the time unless he's going against Darkseid or somethin

My problem is that the ending to MoS already ignored it. To quote myself:

That doesn't change the fact MoS ends with Supes acting smug as fukk in the face of a US army general for destroying their surveillance drone and walking into the Daily Planet office giddy as fukk he gets to work in the same place as the girl he's fukking, kinda ignoring his whole struggle about having to kill the last of his kind with his bare hands and seeing half the city destroyed. They were completely no selling that shyt until they started getting too many questions about it.

Now I'm sure they would've referred to it in the sequel, because that's natural, but I don't believe they really had plans to build the entire sequel around it when the ending of MoS strongly implied a tonal shift and intention to push forward away from it. And again, I don't feel like a movie should be validated by its sequel(s). While I don't mind them trying to address the complaints and give them context (very noble actually since enough studios don't give a fukk), it is thinking backwards, and not the kind of narrative you want to create ("Oh, we'll be addressing that at a later time").

I cringe when I see this fakkit try to act tough while posting gay ass anime gifs. I have nothing against anime btw

Ahhh breh, don't be like that.

tumblr_mz4hqd1XvL1qgrl0wo3_400.gif

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
So you missed where snyder said that was the plan all along and people online been saying that this movie was gone address it and not just gloss over it like other franshises do? Like we haven't been arguing since the inception of this thread. Nah nikka you don't get no credit go back to marvel where heroes action have no consequwnces and you applaud them for it :troll:
:laff:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So... if I get it right...

A0jPpO0.gif

... what the three of you are saying...

tumblr_nej7q08cgR1rra264o1_400.gif

... is that they're using this movie to address the criticisms people had against MoS...

DXVdzHz.gif

I guess MoS didn't do its job too well then if they needed to do that in this one.

8Xc26eV.gif

MoS can't stand on its own = confirmed, by the makers of the film itself and its most hardcore online defenders.

aeOZ7Em.gif

We've certainly come a long way from the times when all acknowledgment of the destruction in Metropolis was this:

F2O5K3i.gif

That's right indifferent shallow army woman, we can always acknowledge that shyt... in the sequel. :salute:

(For the record, I'm happy they're implementing these elements but if you think that shyt is included because they planned it ahead, and not because they had to address it after all the criticisms, you are unbearably naive. So you should all actually thank me for my hard work of crusading against MoS for two full years just to get these film makers to step their game up.)
:wow: destroyed them

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Or maybe the public gave them a perfect storyline and Segway to introduce batman....lets not act like they were forced to do anything

MOS created its own buzz after the movie dropped...for all we know those death articles may have been planted to test the water. ..

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Guarantee that's just a joke on the production/prop teams part. In the trailer during the supposed Wayne funeral scene, you can see exactly where that tombstone is. It also might be Poppa Grayson's tombstone because of the years 1952-2000
Plus Robin's name is Richard "dikk" Grayson

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Plus Robin's name is Richard "dikk" Grayson
No, it's Richard Grayson. dikk is his nickname.

So dikk's either still alive or never existed. I wonder if we're gonna get that Carrie Kelly nod by the end of the flick.

Last edited:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
So dikk's either still alive or never existed. I wonder if we're gonna get that Carrie Kelly nod by the end of the flick.
or interesting theory
Maybe that's who scott eastwood is playing(or slade) Batman could use dikk as some double agent who's keeping an eye on the suicide sqaud for him