The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Well there are rumors there's more to it and we know aquaman is in it too so there's more to see that we haven't seen in my opinion. So I'd wager that we don't know everything and only know the basics
I'll hold you to that. But I'm done watching these 3 minute trailers. shyt gave away a lot of sick scenes. Supe saving the people on the roof. Supe tearing off the batmobile. Batman diving on Supe. Supe going back to the farm. Supe saving the exploding shuttle... I think I'm only watching teaser trailers from now on.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think they'll get it once they're told he's lex Luthor lol. That comic con trailer isn't for the general audience breh and you know that. It's for the audience who already knows who's who. Let the marketing plan play out
right that's a good point. this was a comic con trailer, not an official one that will be shown in theaters.

still though it's on YouTube for everyone to see. And you gotta admit, for someone that isn't actively following the production, for someone that just casually knows about this stuff... aka the vast majority of the people that are gonna pay to see this movie... theres a solid chance that fact was lost on them.

Lol a lot of ppl probably just saw some weird hipster kid talking smack.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'll hold you to that. But I'm done watching these 3 minute trailers. shyt gave away a lot of sick scenes. Supe saving the people on the roof. Supe tearing off the batmobile. Batman diving on Supes. Supes going back to the farm... I think I'm only watching teaser trailers from now on.

Yeah I've had an issue with trailers for a minute now. They give away too much dope shyt. It's why I'm not watching another spectre trailer. I won't see anything else about that movie until I sit down in a theater in November. Modern trailers just give too too too much away and it's a fascinating thing to me for real. Do they do that because we as a society now demand more or do they just feel like we need more?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah I've had an issue with trailers for a minute now. They give away too much dope shyt. It's why I'm not watching another spectre trailer. I won't see anything else about that movie until I sit down in a theater in November. Modern trailers just give too too too much away and it's a fascinating thing to me for real. Do they do that because we as a society now demand more or do they just feel like we need more?
I tend to watch the first 2 trailers that a movie releases and then I stop.
Age of Ultron had like 50 trailers which was overkill.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I'm avoiding Spectre trailers like the plague breh. After that first teaser with the big meeting Bond walks into. I ain't tryna spoil that shyt. Skyfall trailer ruined the first scene with the train imo.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
right that's a good point. this was a comic con trailer, not an official one that will be shown in theaters.

still though it's on YouTube for everyone to see. And you gotta admit, for someone that isn't actively following the production, for someone that just casually knows about this stuff... aka the vast majority of the people that are gonna pay to see this movie... theres a solid chance that fact was lost on them.

Lol a lot of ppl probably just saw some weird hipster kid talking smack.

But again people who seek it out on YouTube are still the same audience. You and I are seeking it out but I was with a group of people yesterday who couldn't give a flying piece of monkey crap about it until it's time to see it. You roll out your marketing plan in increments and you get the early adopters (us) first. We're the tastemakers. After that then you get the moms and dads and other fans who aren't glued to YouTube just waiting for the new batman v superman trailer. This trailer served to sell how Bruce Wayne factors into all of this and the core of his beef with superman. You got from now until March to sell the rest. But if your movie is called batman v superman then you need to sell that conflict first and foremost

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm avoiding Spectre trailers like the plague breh. After that first teaser with the big meeting Bond walks into. I ain't tryna spoil that shyt. Skyfall trailer ruined the first scene with the train imo.

:banderas: Spectre. I saw the teaser saw the TV spot and I'm done.

I tend to watch the first 2 trailers that a movie releases and then I stop.
Age of Ultron had like 50 trailers which was overkill.

I only watched two trailers for that not counting the ones I couldn't avoid on tv

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

That was the only real downside of the Superman trailer....Felt like I watched the whole movie...

Having said that I thought the same about Man of Steel and it had a lot more surprises. Snyder is good at showing a lot and still having a lot left to show.

The interesting thing is Suicide Squad did a 3 min trailer and they still have two months left to film.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
But again people who seek it out on YouTube are still the same audience. You and I are seeking it out but I was with a group of people yesterday who couldn't give a flying piece of monkey crap about it until it's time to see it. You roll out your marketing plan in increments and you get the early adopters (us) first. We're the tastemakers. After that then you get the moms and dads and other fans who aren't glued to YouTube just waiting for the new batman v superman trailer. This trailer served to sell how Bruce Wayne factors into all of this and the core of his beef with superman. You got from now until March to sell the rest. But if your movie is called batman v superman then you need to sell that conflict first and foremost
right but at the same time the trailer establishes eisenberg as the real villain doesn't it?

really think they missed the mark with him. he was easily the weak link in this trailer wouldn't you agree? Lol like who's this faggy doofus and why are we supposed to care. THIS guy is the villain? I dunno... would have much more preferred a more intimidating lex.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
right but at the same time the trailer establishes eisenberg as the real villain doesn't it?

really think they missed the mark with him. he was easily the weak link in this trailer wouldn't you agree? Lol like who's this faggy doofus and why are we supposed to care. THIS guy is the villain? I dunno... would have much more preferred a more intimidating lex.
Yea trailer should have started out with Lex speaking and showing some type of destruction he caused just to let everyone know he's the real villain. No one tryna see Batman and Supes fight it out while people are dying cause of a more evil power.