The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm convinced Nolan didn't give a fukk about the mythos and was intent on creating his own hyper-realistic universe and making a statement about being a hero rather than making a movie about Batman.

Wait a minute, so you're telling me that a 55 year old bulky person can still jump and move like an acrobat, kick ass like he's never lost a step, AND go toe to toe with Superman? That's the kind of stupid plot-shielded nonsense Batman has been catered with and yet people want to hate on Nolan for bringing a more humanized Batman? Comic nerds kill me sometimes.

AND, it's well known Nolan used The Dark Knight Returns as insipration for 'Rises:

• Elements of The Dark Knight Returns appear in the film The Dark Knight Rises, particularly the central concept of Batman returning to Gotham City after a long absence. Other elements include Bruce Wayne becoming a recluse after retiring from being Batman, Batman's first public reappearance during a high-speed car chase between police and criminals, and a remark by an observing veteran policeman to his young partner ("You are in for a show tonight, son."). Wayne uses a mechanical brace to enhance his out-of-practice body. In The Dark Knight Rises, he uses a leg brace to support and strengthen an injured knee, whereas originally Wayne used a mechanical arm brace. The film also involves Batman faking his own death, and subsequently passing his mantle onto a handpicked successor.

So do we shyt on Nolan or Frank Miller?

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Wait a minute, so you're telling me that a 55 year old bulky person can still jump and move like an acrobat, kick ass like he's never lost a step, AND go toe to toe with Superman? That's the kind of stupid plot-shielded nonsense Batman has been catered with and yet people want to hate on Nolan for bringing a more humanized Batman? Comic nerds kill me sometimes.

AND, it's well known Nolan used The Dark Knight Returns as insipration for 'Rises:

• Elements of The Dark Knight Returns appear in the film The Dark Knight Rises, particularly the central concept of Batman returning to Gotham City after a long absence. Other elements include Bruce Wayne becoming a recluse after retiring from being Batman, Batman's first public reappearance during a high-speed car chase between police and criminals, and a remark by an observing veteran policeman to his young partner ("You are in for a show tonight, son."). Wayne uses a mechanical brace to enhance his out-of-practice body. In The Dark Knight Rises, he uses a leg brace to support and strengthen an injured knee, whereas originally Wayne used a mechanical arm brace. The film also involves Batman faking his own death, and subsequently passing his mantle onto a handpicked successor.

So do we shyt on Nolan or Frank Miller?

I'd have preferred superhero Batman. To each his own :yeshrug:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
One thing I didn't like about Nolan's trilogy was how much emphasis Nolan put on the "no killing" rule, yet he blows op Ra's Al-Ghul's castle full of prisoners (those same prisoners he told Ra's he refused to kill), lets Ra's fall to his death saying that just because he won't kill people it doesn't mean he has to save people (although comic book Batman definitely would try to save every person, good or bad), and he pushes Harvey Dent to his death (accidental or not). So all that talk about no killing is basically just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
:mjlol: i just noticed the trend... bats been outright killin dudes.... this dude a muderer....

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Rumor is that Wonder Woman is from a small fictional country in Europe and she is a spy for Wayne enterprises lol

:camby: if so

I doubt they will fukk up her origin. They might alter it slightly but Snyder's films have been fairly faithful to the comics.. more faithful than even Marvel Studios who gave us "Mandarin"

that wasn't the Mandarin though :ufdup:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:mjlol: i just noticed the trend... bats been outright killin dudes.... this dude a muderer....

And I forgot he didn't give one shyt that Catwoman shot Bane to pieces with his Batcycle, just as he didn't care he caused the fatal crash of the truck that Talia al-Ghul and her henchman were in.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
And I forgot he didn't give one shyt that Catwoman shot Bane to pieces with his Batcycle, just as he didn't care he caused the fatal crash of the truck that Talia al-Ghul and her henchman were in.

talia_dies.gif

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
If this is true, I'm definitely seeing that movie over Batfleck Begins :ohhh:

At least earlier in the day :mjpls:

:russ: real nikka shyt breh. I can't believe they're both dropping the same month (it isn't the same day is it?).

That is going to be an amazing month. Reminds me of when Avengers and Dark Knight Rises both dropped in the same summer. I'm pumped.