The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
see AoU twice, while simultaneously hating marvel, and also somehow missing the various moments throughout the film where they make concerted efforts to save civilians, brehs

off top i automatically remember this at 3:50

please stop :dead:

:dead: at he saved the world at the end. so the avengers saved the world twice then. or wait, i thought they just had generic non threatening villains with no real consequence :dead:

stans pick and choose what scenes remember when arguing. Literally every scene in AoU had an avenger stopping the movie on some "what about the civilians" to the point where it was getting laughable.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can't believe we are still having this same damn argument 2 years later. No one is saying anything new, its the same damn talking points.
Let go and let God, people.

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
stans pick and choose what scenes remember when arguing. Literally every scene in AoU had an avenger stopping the movie on some "what about the civilians" to the point where it was getting laughable.

Except the scene I described of course lol. And it happened EXACTLY the way I said it did too. Like I said, I've seen it twice and what's this shyt about me supposedly hating Marvel? :pachaha:

I own more Marvel comics than I do DC. :dead:

But I can be objective. Y'all can't. :ld:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
One movie had a squad of brehs and brehettes that have actually fought in wars (human or otherwise) and are adapt at dealing with damn near any situation. The other has one dude who has never thrown hands in his entire life, and yet, he is supposed to be able to fight off a bunch of beings that were giving him the beats, and save everyone. :laugh: It never made any sense when people bring it up. I guess it would have been nice to have a shot of him trying to grab someone and getting duffed in the face. :heh:

Clark was so lucky in MOS.

I'm pretty sure the first fight against Zod in Smallville (again, the one he directly brought there, which none of you ever dare to address because you know your argument is fukked there) Supes had him on the ropes because Zod was new to his powers and Supes was experienced. No, he had never 'thrown hands in his entire life', he only, literally, had two decades longer than them to master his powers over Zod & co and the movie established this before the final fight. And it's funny you mention that it would have been nice to have a shot of him trying to grab someone and getting duffed in the face, because that's exactly what happened in the Hulk/Stark fight with Stark trying to move the Hulk out of the city and that giving the Hulk the opportunity to give him the beats. Which again, is storytelling 101. The 'bad guy' doesn't care about collateral damage so he causes it deliberately to sabotage the hero's attention to the fight.

And again, again and fukking again, I have never, ever, ever, said that Superman should've saved everyone. Please stop with that narrative since I've never used it.

nikka you are full of shyt I have tried not to bring Marvel into this shyt bc it's a separate universe. But how you going to compare tony who has a contengency plan for the Hulk to a wet out of bed sup who never been in a fight in his life. Second I seen A.O.U twice and besides rehashing the same mind control plot on the Hulk twice.Tony went to Town on the Hulk in South Africa with little regard to civilian casualty while they sent the whole final act saving civilian life of which the movie barely address besides a thow away scene at Hawkeye hiuse. Third how do you compare that generic ass Villain Ultron who had an army of nikkas but didn't take any civilian life because he was busy fighting the Avengers to Zod whose sole mission in the final act was to take Human life because that was his only way of getting revenge 9n superman. you purposely being disingenous bease you dont lIke goyer and snyder for what ever reason. Might as well say you like Marvel movies better and willing to overlook their flaws because all Marvel movies besides Iron man 1 have glaring flaws that nikkas look overlook because they appreciate the movies for what they are.

I didn't bring up Marvel, breh. @saysumthinfunnymike did so blame him if you have to. AoU has its own issues (note that I don't compare the quality of the movies directly) but what the movie does consistently is emphasize that they look out to for citizens and try to minimize collateral damage, which was a direct response to the criticisms against MoS (which subsequently got people criticizing the first Avengers as well). And I'm not sure what you're even talking about with Ultron and Zod being so different because Ultron did kill a bunch of people and his sole mission in the final act was literally to crash a self-made meteor into the earth and kill all life on earth. Miss me with that "purposely being disingenuous" shyt.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
they look out to for citizens and try to minimize collateral damage.

Except when they don't in the Stark vs. Hulk fight but you're not going to address the 9/11 imagery and the scene which I (as well as others) described in detail so I think we know what your motive is here. :heh:

..and before you say you already addressed it, you skimmed over the major points we made. :manny:

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I lowkey think this all would've had been set up better if they gave MOS a proper sequel and just dropped some sequences of Batman getting pissed at the destruction Supes was inadvertently causing or Bruce visiting Metropolis.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Except when they don't in the Stark vs. Hulk fight but you're not going to address the 9/11 imagery and the scene which I (as well as others) described in detail so I think we know what your motive is here. :heh:

Trying =/= succeeding. I've been saying that time after time. You can't always avoid it and the Hulk/Stark scene showed that too, which I acknowledged. :yeshrug:

And it's funny you're talking about my motive but yet after two years none of you has ever bothered to respond to the fact that Supes takes Zod from an isolated farm and punches him straight into an exploding gas station in a populated area, while continue to keep twisting my words.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And it's funny you're talking about my motive but yet after two years none of you has ever bothered to respond to the fact that Supes takes Zod from an isolated farm and punches him straight into an exploding gas station in a populated area, while continue to keep twisting my words.

Wasn't that basically the first time he's ever thrown a punch? Maybe people don't address it because for two years you've been saying that Superman caused the damage in Metropolis which is inaccurate. He was getting his ass kicked through buildings. Zod caused at least 90% of the damage but then I get hit with dumbass replies like "he should have taken Zod out of the city" like this wasn't his first encounter and he wasn't outmatched among other things like also trying to save the entire planet. Removing Zod from the city was never an option.:heh:

Y'all just nitpick shyt to death with this movie but then give other comic movies a pass where the same "issues" are prevalent.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Wasn't that basically the first time he's ever thrown a punch? Maybe people don't address it because for two years you've been saying that Superman caused the damage in Metropolis which is inaccurate. He was getting his ass kicked through buildings. Zod caused at least 90% of the damage but then I get hit with dumbass replies like "he should have taken Zod out of the city" like this wasn't his first encounter and he wasn't outmatched among other things like also trying to save the entire planet. Removing Zod from the city was never an option.:heh:

Y'all just nitpick shyt to death with this movie but then give other comic movies a pass where the same "issues" are prevalent.
I'm done arguing the same point breh, these nikkas are being purposely disingenuous and I'm not having any part of it anymore :francis: